Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Sunday 02 June 2024, 11:18:05 pm   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,479 comps and freebies worth over $32,620,755.23 listed

That's over thirty two million, six hundred and twenty thousand, seven hundred and fifty five dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1018024 Total Posts (447857 Searchable Posts) in 300088 Topics by 41508 Members
Latest Member: leggoslave
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  WIN 2 Places on the Orangutans in Java tour
Entry Details
  • WIN 2 Places Orangutans Java     Closing Date: Monday 08 October 2012

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Travel & Accommodation 
Prizes may include Holidays, Airfares, Tours, Car Hire, Accommodation etc ...
 Win great prizes at the Compingclub

COMP
MARK

$4,499.00  
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: WIN 2 Places on the Orangutans in Java tour  (Read 486 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
JRN

Recent Activity
0%

Cancer
Cancer

« : Tuesday 25 September 2012, 08:16:20 am »
Go Up

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/competitions/wildlife/

Awe-inspiring. Graceful. Almost human. The words to describe orangutans don't even come close to the experience of seeing them; and we've joined forces with i to i Volunteering to give you the chance to find out for yourself.
We're sending one lucky winner (plus a friend) on a trip into the heart of Java to care for orangutans at Yogyakarta's wildlife rescue centre. As well as getting up close and personal with these majestic primates, you'll be helping the local community at the same time, and experiencing other delights of Indonesia's most intoxicating island.
So enough monkeying around: fill in that form on the right-hand side and you will be in with a chance of winning this once-in-a-lifetime travel adventure. Good luck!
Competition ends 8th October 2012

Read more: http://www.lonelyplanet.com/competitions/wildlife/#ixzz27QajuOs0

Lonely Planet’s Wildlife promotion

Thanks for entering Lonely Planet’s Wildlife promotion.  Here is some important stuff you should know.

Who’s running the show?
The promoter is Lonely Planet Publications Pty Limited (ABN 36 005 607 983) of 90 Maribyrnong Street, Footscray, Victoria 3011 Australia. Our friends at i to i (UK) Real Travel Ltd, 1 Meadow Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1 2YG, United Kingdom are our promotional partner.  Information about the prizes and how to enter forms part of these conditions of entry. By entering the promotion, these conditions of entry apply to your entry.  Any changes to these conditions of entry will be subject to regulatory approval and published on the Lonely Planet website at www.lonelyplanet.com, so you should check these conditions of entry regularly.

Can I play?
You must be aged 18 years or older at the commencement of the promotion, in order to be eligible to enter.  The laws in some places don’t allow Lonely Planet to run this promotion, in which case the promotion and these conditions of entry are void in those places.  Also, you can’t enter this promotion if you (or your immediate families or housemates) are employed by Lonely Planet or i to i, or their subsidiaries and affiliated companies.   

Also, you cannot enter this competition if you have a criminal record, the nature of which may inhibit overseas travel.

How do I play?
To enter, go to www.lonelyplanet.com/competitions/wildlife and complete the entry form. You don’t have to buy anything to enter. You can enter between 12am BST on 1st August 2012 and 12am BST on 8th October 2012.  You can only enter once ‑ we’ll make confetti out of any extra entries you submit. Your entry is received at the time Lonely Planet receives it.  If your dog eats your entry, it’s not Lonely Planet’s fault.  If your entry gets lost in cyberspace or doesn’t arrive for any other reason, that’s not Lonely Planet’s fault either.  Lonely Planet might have to extend the dates of the promotion but only if it’s totally unavoidable and we’ll let you know if we do.

How do you pick the winner?
The winner will be determined by a random draw of all eligible entries.  Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.  This unenviable task will happen in a small, dark room at 90 Maribyrnong Street, Footscray, Victoria, 3011, Australia on 1st October 2012. The draw is random and so no correspondence will be entered into.

Lonely Planet can cancel or modify the promotion if there are compelling technical or administrative reasons which we cannot control.  If that happens, Lonely Planet will conduct the draw from all eligible entries received at that time.

What can I win?
One lucky winner will receive:

1. 2 places on the 7 day "Orangutans and Community Education in Java" tour, operated by i to i.  Tour information and itinerary is available at www.i to i.com/volunteer-projects/orangutans-and-community-education-on-java.html (provided by i to i – approximate retail value AU$2999); and

2. Up to AU$1500 to be used towards the purchase of 2 return economy airfares (from the international airport nearest to the winner's home city, which services flights to Java, Indonesia) to Java, Indonesia (provided by Lonely Planet).  The winner and their guest will be responsible for any additional cost for the airfares over and above this amount.  If the total cost of the airfares is less than this amount, the winner will not receive the balance in cash or any other method.

Information on how to claim the prize will be given to the winner, once we have confirmed that the winner is eligible to receive the prize.

Travel must be completed by 30th September 2013. Please note that the prize winner may only book for tour dates that are guaranteed to depart and have reached their minimum participant requirements (see www.i to i.com/docs/terms/terms-and-conditions-april-2012.pdf for more information on tour availability).

The total approximate retail for the prize is AU$4499.  These prize values are accurate at thestart of the promotion.

How do I find out if I won?
We’ll give the winner the good news by email and their name(s) will be published in The Australian newspaper and on the Lonely Planet website within 2 days after the draw.  If you’re riddled with curiosity, go to www.lonelyplanet.com/contact/ to send us an email (including the name of the promotion) within 3 months of the date of the draw, and we’ll write back and tell you who won.

Lonely Planet will do its best to find the winner.  But if we can’t, or if the winner hasn’t accepted the prize by 3 December 2012, a redraw will be conducted on 20 December 2012, and a new winner announced.

If you do win …
You can’t exchange the prize for cash, or ask us to give it to someone else (not that you’d want to!).  We will use reasonable efforts to award the prize as described but if, due to unforeseen circumstances, we are unable to do that, we’ll substitute it either for cash or another prize of comparable value, but we’ll decide which.

You’ll be responsible for all taxes, insurance meals, domestic transfers, spending money,sightseeing activities (beyond those included as part of the prize) and any other expenses, fees and costs connected with that prize that are not included in the prize description.

If, in order to take the prize, you’re lucky enough to need a valid passport and/or other necessary travel documentation and visas, you’ll need to sort those out for yourself (including finding out what documents you need). Note that the nationality of your passport must not have any restrictive travel arrangements or controls imposed on it preventing entry to Java, Indonesia.

You are responsible for your use of the prize, including complying with any applicable terms and conditions of use.

Of course, if you win a prize, you’ll be good and comply with all relevant laws, rules and regulations.

What happens to my entry?
You agree that all of your entry is your own work. On submission, your entry becomes the property of Lonely Planet.

Lonely Planet and its promotional partners will only use the personal information contained in your entry to conduct the promotion and award the prize (but if you’ve told Lonely Planet that you want to receive stuff from us or our promotional partner), your personal information will be used for that purpose too). If you win a prize, Lonely Planet can use your name and photograph for future marketing purposes unless you tell us not to.  We will keep your personal information in accordance with Lonely Planet’s privacy policy at www.lonelyplanet.com/legal/privacy-policy. You can find i to i's privacy policy at www.i to i.com/about-i2i/policy/terms-of-use.html .

Permit numbers

NSW Permit No: TPL: LTPS/12/06631
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0125 seconds with 8 queries.
Sunday 02 June 2024, 11:18:05 pm from 18.226.87.85