Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Thursday 02 May 2024, 06:45:49 pm   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,620 comps and freebies worth over $33,931,952.40 listed

That's over thirty three million, nine hundred and thirty one thousand, nine hundred and fifty two dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1016399 Total Posts (446232 Searchable Posts) in 298552 Topics by 41499 Members
Latest Member: squxiu
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Win Vegan Jewelry/Rafflecopter
Entry Details
  • Win Vegan Jewelry     Closing Date: Monday 08 December 2014

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Health & Beauty 
Prizes may include Makeup, Jewelry, Perfume, Haircare etc ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: Win Vegan Jewelry/Rafflecopter  (Read 145 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
oldfellow
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
100%

Top Poster

Aquarius
Aquarius

« : Sunday 07 December 2014, 07:15:40 am »
Go Up

http://cadryskitchen.com/2014/12/01/vegan-jewelry-christy-robinson/

Vegan Jewelry + a Giveaway from Christy Robinson Designs

vgn4thm2Thank you for all of the thoughtful comments on last week’s post about When People Won’t Eat Your Food Because It’s Vegan. I have really enjoyed hearing your own experiences and tips on what you’ve done in similar circumstances. If you’re a U.S. reader, I hope that your Thanksgiving celebration went off without a hitch.

Today I have something really special in store!

I know that for many people the start of the holiday shopping season means buying large screen TV’s and laptops, but that’s never been my style. You won’t find me standing outside in the cold, waiting to break into an electronics store at midnight. I prefer handmade items and gifts that have meaning for both the recipient and the giver. I like to support small artists, because I think there’s something very special about giving a gift that was made in someone else’s own two hands.

Vegan-themed jewelry + a giveaway from Christy Robinson DesignsSo just in time for Christmas shopping and Cyber Monday, I am featuring one of my very favorite jewelry artists, Christy Robinson. In her work, she uses recycled metals such as aluminum, copper, and sterling silver. She’s also recently started making necklaces with precious metal clay, including a beautiful peace dove. Christy is vegan and an animal advocate.  A portion of her proceeds go to various charities that support animals, the earth, and the humans who live there.

Vegan-themed jewelry from Christy Robinson DesignsIf you can believe it, the first time that I ever posted about Christy’s work was way back in 2009 – almost five years ago to the day! I continue to adore the simple understated quality of her jewelry, which features compassionate sayings, animal friends, and more. Her necklaces, rings, and bracelets are the kind of jewelry that you can wear everyday, no special occasion necessary.

Over the years I have purchased several pieces from Christy for myself and for others, including a Vegan ring and a cow necklace that says, Friend Not Food. One year I contacted her about a necklace I wanted featuring one of my favorite animals, sheep. The necklace was finished with a coating that looks like sheep’s wool.

Vegan jewelry and a giveaway from Christy Robinson DesignsWhile I support any reason that a person chooses to live a more compassionate lifestyle, for me the reason that I went vegan was because I wanted to minimize harm. If I have a choice to not bring suffering to others, then that’s what I want. I think being vegan is a really healthy and joyful way to live, but the number one reason I am vegan is for the animals.  So the message that I wanted on my necklace was Vegan for Them.

Christy was such a delight to work with, listened to my requests, and then made a necklace that exceeded my hopes. Even after all of these years, all of the pieces have held up beautifully.  (When not in use, I keep the jewelry in plastic baggies, away from the air that tarnishes the silver portions.  To polish the silver, I use a polishing cloth.)

Vegan-themed jewelry & more from Cristy Robinson Designs + a giveaway!Before the holidays, I contacted Christy about doing a giveaway here at Cadry’s Kitchen. Christy generously agreed and offered that I could pick the item up for grabs. I decided on the goat necklace below. I have given a version of that necklace as a gift in the past, and I just love the sentiment. Plus, goats are very close to my heart. I love their enthusiasm for life.

The quote comes from a lyric by The Smiths, and it says, It takes strength to be gentle and kind. In our world, there are many who believe that might equals right and that power comes with a fist. I see it differently. When I see people who are brave enough to be gentle, kind, and compassionate, even when it’s unpopular or met with criticism, that’s where I find real strength.

This giveaway is open to readers worldwide. A winner will be chosen randomly. Please make sure that I have a way of contacting you either by email or by blog. If I’m not able to reach you, I’ll have to pick a different winner.

Christy is also having a Cyber Monday sale on her Etsy site for today only for 15% off with the code CYBERMONDAY15.
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0469 seconds with 8 queries.
Thursday 02 May 2024, 06:45:49 pm from 3.14.142.115