Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Monday 29 April 2024, 08:12:22 am   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,630 comps and freebies worth over $33,948,019.79 listed

That's over thirty three million, nine hundred and fourty eight thousand, nineteen dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1016121 Total Posts (445954 Searchable Posts) in 298297 Topics by 41499 Members
Latest Member: squxiu
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  The Devilish Duke by Maddison Michaels - Book Review & Giveaway/RC
Entry Details
  • The Devilish Duke - Book     Closing Date: Wednesday 18 April 2018

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Art & Literature 
Prizes may include Paintings, Magazines, Books etc ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: The Devilish Duke by Maddison Michaels - Book Review & Giveaway/RC  (Read 113 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
oldfellow
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
100%

Top Poster

Aquarius
Aquarius

« : Wednesday 11 April 2018, 12:29:02 pm »
Go Up

http://www.withloveforbooks.com/2018/04/the-devilish-duke-by-maddison-michaels.html

The Devilish Duke by Maddison Michaels - Book Review & Giveaway

Amazon USA Amazon UK Goodreads

Review by Suze

The Queen will only give Devlin permission for a very important business transaction if he finds himself a wife. Devlin has to make sure all of his hard work wasn't in vain. He's a rich duke and he's proud of what he's achieved. The woman he's supposed to marry is lady Sophie, a headstrong woman who cares more about the orphans she's looking after than anything else. By supporting her charity Devlin can make his first move. While he can have his choice of women, Sophie isn't as easily persuaded. Will he find a way to convince her marriage would be a good plan?

Sophie knows about Devlin's reputation. He's a rake and she's seen how much heartbreak cheating can cause. Devlin's offer is a good one, he's a duke and a marriage of convenience between them would greatly benefit her beloved orphanage. However, when Sophie gets to know Devlin she isn't sure he's the heartless person everyone says he is. Her heart is telling her something different. There's a dangerous killer on the loose and somehow Devlin and Sophie are on his radar. Will they have the chance to find out what they mean to each other before this person strikes and can Devlin keep both Sophie and himself safe from harm?

The Devilish Duke is a fabulous romantic story. Devlin and Sophie are both headstrong, outspoken, smart and fierce. Because of their fiery natures there are plenty of sparks between them. I loved their arguments and their heated dialogue. There's a strong dazzling connection from the beginning that's laced with chemistry, suppressed feelings, intelligence and longing. The result is a fantastic love story that I enjoyed from beginning to end.

Maddison Michaels has written a story filled with danger and mystery. I loved every single page of The Devilish Duke. It's fast-paced, intriguing and well written. I liked that she kept me on the edge of my seat with both the gripping suspenseful part of the story and the wonderful development of Devlin and Sophie's relationship. I was captivated from beginning to end and couldn't turn the pages quickly enough to find out if Sophie and Devlin would get their happily ever after. I absolutely loved The Devilish Duke, it's a terrific mesmerizing story.

Advice

If you love historical romance combined with suspense you don't want to miss The Devilish Duke.

About Maddison Michaels

Indoctrinated into a world of dashing rogues and feisty heroines when she was 14 years old, Maddison Michaels is a prolific reader and writer of romantic suspense and historical fiction. She gets her daily dose of suspense from working as a Police officer, prosecuting real life villains in the Courts of Australia.

A member of the RWA and RWA Australia, Maddison is as passionate about her writing as she is about her other two loves; her family and her cups of tea. Luckily she gets a healthy dash of romance married to her wonderful husband and her exercise regime is kept on track by her six year old daughter, who ensures Maddison is kept very busy chasing her around.

Maddison’s debut novel ‘The Devilish Duke’ is scheduled for release with Entangled Publishing on the 26th February 2018, and is her way of time travelling back to Victorian London to experience a cornucopia of intrigue, romance and debauchery all from the comfort of her living room!

Her second novel ‘The Fiancé Fiasco‘ is the second book in the same world as ‘The Devilish Duke‘ and is scheduled for release with Entangled Publishing on the 22nd October 2018.

Maddison is currently working on ‘The Bachelor Bounty’ which will be the first book in the start of a new Victorian series. It’s the story of a feisty crusader determined to avenge her uncle’s death who teams up with an elusive earl to unmask and thwart an assassin known only at The Chameleon.

Links

Website // Facebook // Twitter // Instagram

Giveaway

One very lucky reader of With Love for Books will receive a digital copy of The Devilish Duke by Maddison Michaels.

The winner will be notified by email and has 3 days to respond. All of our giveaways are international.
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0469 seconds with 8 queries.
Monday 29 April 2024, 08:12:22 am from 3.140.185.147