Terms and Conditions:
1. The Promoter is Nationwide News Pty Ltd (ABN 98 008 438 828) of 2 Holt Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010. Telephone number (02) 9288 3000. Authorised under NSW Permit number TP/00778, ACT Permit number TP 21/00235.1, SA Licence No T21/271
2. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. If there is any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and anything else that refers to this Promotion, these terms and conditions will prevail.
Who can enter?
3. Entry is open to all residents of Australia, excluding WA, who are over the age of 18 years.
4. Directors, contractors and employees (and immediate families) of the Promoter or any publisher of an Eligible Newspaper and their associated companies and agencies of companies, suppliers and agencies associated with the Promotion are not eligible to enter the Promotion.
5. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership in order to claim a prize. If a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
When to enter
6. Promotion opens at 00:01 am on Saturday 27th March 2021 and closes at 11:59pm on Sunday 11th April 2021 AEST (Promotion Period). Entries must be received by the Promoter in the Promotion Period.
7. All entries are deemed received at the time of receipt by the Promoter not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
8. Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, misdirected, delayed, ineligible, incomplete or corrupted entries or delays in the delivery of entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason. SMS entries via the internet or computer generation and not attributable to a valid mobile phone account are invalid and will not be accepted.
How to enter
9. To enter, entrants must, on a day (excluding Good Friday) in the Promotion Period:
(a) buy (and keep) a copy of the Relevant Newspaper or be a paying digital subscriber to the Relevant Newspaper;
(b) find the QR code for this competition for that day in the Relevant Newspaper, scan the QR code using a mobile device which will take the entrant to winfuel.com.au or the entrant can go to the website with the URL winfuel.com.au and enter that daysí code word for this competition from the Relevant Newspaper; and
(c) while on that website, complete the online entry form in accordance with the instructions on that website including by providing requested information.
The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrantís individual Internet Service Provider.
For the purposes of this clause, a Relevant Newspaper is a hard copy [or a digital print edition] of any of the following newspapers published during the Promotion Period:
a. The Daily Telegraph, The Saturday Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Telegraph (NSW)
b. Herald Sun, Sunday Herald Sun , Geelong Advertiser (VIC)
c. The Courier-Mail, The Sunday Mail, Gold Coast Bulletin, Cairns Post and
Townsville Bulletin (QLD)
d. The Advertiser, Sunday Mail (SA)
e. The Mercury, Sunday Tasmanian (TAS)
f. NT News, Sunday Territorian (NT)
To be eligible, entrants need to have bought a Relevant Newspaper in the Promotion Period and therefore need either to be able to provide the physical copy of the Relevant Newspaper on request by the Promoter, or have been a paying digital or home delivery subscriber to a Relevant Newspaper on the date of entry into the Promotion.
10. Entrants must not:
(a) tamper with the entry process;
(b) engage in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion
(c) submit an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions;
(d) use multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM cards to register multiple qualifying purchases or use any form of software or third-party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software) except where expressly permitted in these terms and conditions;
(e) use a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf, except where the entrant needs to use those services of that third party to enter due to a disability; or
(f) engage in conduct in entering the Promotion which, in the opinion of Promoter, is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter.
If an entrant is found to have breached these terms and conditions including this clause, the entrant will be disqualified so that they will have all their entries invalidated, any claim to any prize will be invalidated and where such an entrant has already been awarded a prize before being found to have breached these terms and conditions, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if these terms and conditions have been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm or deny its suspicions in this regard and any failure to provide such requested documentation to the Promoter on request gives Promoter the right to disqualify the entrant. The Promoterís legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from any offender are reserved.
Number of Entries permitted
11. Individuals may submit multiple entries throughout the Promotional Period subject to the following conditions:
(a) no more than one (1) entry per person is permitted per day;
(b) individuals can only enter on a day when they have purchased an Eligible Newspaper; and
(c) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with the entry requirements.
12. Entrants must retain their original Eligible Newspaper(s) printed QR codes(s) or alphanumeric code for all entries as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the required QR code(s) or alphanumeric code (s) for all entries when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of an entrantís entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize.
Draw and Notification of winner
13. There will be three (3) major prize winners and two hundred (200) minor prize winners drawn from the pool of entries. Major prize winners will be drawn at random from the total pool of valid entries received throughout the promotion period, by random computer selection by The Idea Shed, Level 1, 5 Alexander Street Crows Nest, Sydney NSW 2065 on Monday 12th April at 11am. Major prize winners will be notified within 72 hours of the draw by telephone or email. The 200 prize winners will be drawn at random from the daily pool of valid entries as follows: there will be 14 minor prize winners drawn from the valid entries received on each of days 1 to 11 (incl) (excluding Good Friday) of the Promotion Period and 12 minor prize winners drawn from the valid entries received on each of days 12-16 (incl) of the Promotion Period. Minor prize winners will be drawn by random computer selection by The Idea Shed, Level 1, 5 Alexander Street Crows Nest, Sydney NSW 2065 at 4pm each day (excluding Good Friday) from the pool of valid entries received since after 4pm on the previous draw day until 4pm on the draw day. The minor prizes winners will be notified promptly after the draw via email. Times are all Sydney times.
15. The Promoterís decision is final, and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes in connection with the Promotion.
16. Winner/s of prizes valued over $250 will be published in The Australian newspaper within 14 days of the draw.
17. Prizes will be awarded to the person named in the winning entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. mobile phone account holder or land line account holder).
18. If an entrantís contact details change during the Promotion Period, entrant must notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be sent to the Promoter.
19. Unclaimed prize draw: Subject to State Regulation, an unclaimed prize draw will take place at The Idea Shed on 12th May 2021 at 11am AEDT. The winner/s of the unclaimed prize draw will be notified by telephone or email within two days of that draw.
Prize on offer
20. Individual prize value is up to $5,000 (including GST). Total prize pool value is up to $45,000 (including GST) as at 10 February 2021. There will be 203 winners in total. 3 major prizes winners will each win $5,000 worth of fuel cards and 200 minor prize winners will each win one (1) x $150 Ampol/Caltex fuel card. The 3 major prize winners can select their preferred fuel provider from the following providers Shell, Caltex/Ampol, BP, 7-Eleven or United for the major prize to be fulfilled.
21. Unless otherwise expressly stated, prize values are based on the recommended retail prices at the time of first publication of these terms and conditions (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
22. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
23. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
24. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplierís requirements. It is the responsibility of the winner to confirm such conditions with the prize supplier or other relevant third parties.
25. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
26. All entrants agree that if they win the prize, they will not, and their companions will not, sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs in relation to the taking of the prize, to any media or other organisation, without the Promoterís prior written consent. Photographs will be allowed to be taken only at the discretion of the Promoter and the prize provider.
27. Prize expiry date:
In the event a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
28. In order to receive any cash prizes, the name provided by the entrant in his or her entry must be the same as the name of an eligible bank account into which a cheque can be deposited. If a winning entry does not contain this information, then the Promoter may not be able to distribute the prize to the winner.
Further Terms and Conditions
29. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including (without limitation) due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available, and (without limitation) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
30. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and
prize supplierís requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
32. The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. If a prize is returned to the Promoter because it could not be delivered to the address provided, the Promoter cannot guarantee that it will be able to resend the prize to the prize winner. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
33. In consideration of the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner permits the winnerís submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winnerís participation in the prize to appear in connection with the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporate or the goods and services of any of them or the advertising or marketing of any of them, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee.
Limitation of Liability
34. The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the remainder of this clause will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law and the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s (including without limitation due to attendance at an event or travel undertaken when there is any current health warning, epidemic or pandemic declared which would apply to or could be considered to impact, effect or apply to the relevant event or travel) except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
35. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
Entry details and privacy
36. The Idea Shed, on behalf of the Promoter, is collecting the entrant's personal information for the purpose of conducting this competition (including but not limited to determining the winner). If you are not willing for this to occur, you cannot participate in the promotion.