To earn and redeem Velocity Points you must be a Velocity member. Velocity membership and Points earn and redemption are subject to the Member Terms and Conditions as amended from time to time.
^Reward Seats are subject to availability and applicable fees and taxes.
*Terms and conditions íWin 1 of 10 return domestic flightsí
Game of Chance
VFF App Explore Competition to win 1 of 10 return domestic economy flights with Virgin Australia, Competition Conditions of Entry
1. Information on how to enter this Promotion, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each Entrant.
Entry is open to Australian and New Zealand residents who are Velocity Frequent Flyer members and 18 years of age or older (Entrants). The Promoter is Velocity Frequent Flyer Pty Ltd (ACN 601 408 824) of registered address 275 Grey St, South Brisbane QLD 4101, Australia.
2. The directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate are not eligible to enter this promotion.
3. The Promotion commences at 00:01 AEST on 20 May 2021 and ends at 23:59 AEST on 31 May 2021 (Promotion Period).
4. Entrants will automatically receive one (1) entry (each an Entry) into the Promotion when, during the Promotion Period, they:
a. Save a domestic trip in the Explore section of the Velocity App between 00:01 AEST on 20 May 2021 and ends at 23:59 AEST on 31 May 2021 (Promotion Period).
5. To receive an Entry into the Promotion, Entrants must ensure their Velocity account contains either a valid contact number or email address.
6. If Entrants cancel their saved trip destination before the Winners are drawn, the Entrant will not receive an Entry into the Promotion.
7. There is no limit on the number of Entries made per person during the Promotion Period. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that Entrant invalid.
8. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, corrupted or mislead entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction or otherwise including those entries not received by the Promoter.
9. If you enter the promotion but no longer wish to participate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
and you will be removed from the Promotion.
10. Costs associated with entering the Promotion remain an Entrantís responsibility and may vary.
C. Drawing winners
11. The draw will be conducted at 12:00pm AEST on 9 June 2021 at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5, Erina Plaza, 210 Central Coast Highway, Erina, NSW 2250. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible Entrant is drawn. The draw will be final and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into by the Promoter.
12. The Winners (a Winner) will be announced on the Promoterís website after 12:00pm AEST on 11 June 2021. The Winners will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw by email or phone where further contact information and details may be requested including, but not limited to, full name, phone number, email address and residential address.
13. A draw for any unclaimed prizes may be conducted on 20 June 2021 at the same time and place as the original draw.
14. A redrawn winner, if any, will be notified by phone within one (1) day of the draw, and in writing within two (2) business days of the draw. The name of the re-draw Winners will be published on the Promoterís website after 12:00pm AEST on 30 June 2021.
15. Entries not fully complying with these Conditions of Entry may be deemed invalid at the Promoterís discretion. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these Conditions of Entry, the entry will be discarded and the relevant prize will be re-awarded with the relevant clause of the Conditions of Entry as if the discarded entry had not been received.
16. All decisions of the Promoter are final and no discussion or correspondence with be entered in to.
17. This is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the outcome.
18. There are 10 Prizes to be won. Each of the 10 Prizes has a value of $2,000 AUD (excluding GST).
19. Total prize value is $20,000 AUD (excluding GST). The prize is not exchangeable, transferrable and cannot be taken as cash.
20. A Winner can only win one Prize each.
21. The Virgin Australia Prize Certificate is valid for 1 return flight on the Virgin Australia domestic network and will be issued in the winnerís name and is valid for travel for 12 months from winner acceptance date.
22. The prize will be awarded to the Entrant named in the Entry.
E. Contacting the Entrant
23. Should an Entrantís contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the Entrantís responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
24. By accepting the prize, Winners agree to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed. Winners will not be entitled to any fee for participating in these activities.
F. Intellectual Property
25. If this Promotion requires an Entrant to create any written material, imagery or sound recordings, the provisions in this Section F apply.
26. As a condition of entering this Promotion, the Entrant warrants to the Promoter that:
a. The entry does not infringe the intellectual property rights or moral rights of any third party; and
b. The Entrant has obtained permission from any third party appearing or participating in the entry.
27. As a condition of entering this Promotion, Entrants hereby assign to the Promoter, all right, title and interest in and to all intellectual property rights (including copyright but excluding moral rights) in any material created pursuant to the Entrantís participation in any aspect of the Promotion (Works). Entrants acknowledge that the Promoter is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the Entrant will not be entitled to any fee for such use. Entrants agree they may not be attributed as the author of the Works and that the Promoter may undertake any act or omission in relation to the Works, which may otherwise constitute an infringement of their moral rights.
28. The Promoter may want a Winner to participate in promotional activity after the Promotion has ended. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to a Winner, the Winner permits the Winnerís image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the Winnerís participation in the prize to appear in any media whatsoever throughout the world for an unlimited period and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
29. The Promoter reserves the right to request that a Winner provides proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a Winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
30. The Promoter will not be liable for any tax liability, including without limitation income tax, fringe benefits tax, or any liability or loss of opportunity due to reportable fringe benefits, incurred by a Winner, an Entrant, their employer and/or any other relevant party in regard to any connection with participating in the Promotion or the receipt or use of any prize.
31. Entrants, the Winner and/or any other relevant party will be required to pay any taxes and other airport related charges (including any applicable GST on those taxes and charges) which may be due on receipt or use of the prize.
32. Entrants should seek independent financial advice to ensure they understand possible tax implications in relation to any tax liability and/or reportable fringe benefits before acceptance or use of a prize.
33. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for and makes no representations about any tax liability as a result of participating in the Promotion or from receiving or using any of the prizes.
34. The other party must ensure that all promotional and marketing material prepared by the other party relating to the Promotion sufficiently notifies Entrants of the above conditions.
35. The Promoter, its agents and associate companies are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any variation in the prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions.
36. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a Winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the Winner and/or the Winnerís entry is of a type described in this clause. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion.
37. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoterís ability to proceed with the Promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these Conditions of Entry, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
38. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
39. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth) in Australia, or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies (and their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, for any direct, indirect or consequential injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way in connection with this Promotion or any prize/s. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect or inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this Promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; and (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize (including but not limited to any component of a Winnerís trip).
40. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Promotion. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion. The Promoterís legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
41. NSW: TP/00381. ACT Permit No. TP21/00734. SA Permit No. T21/684