Win the ultimate Wilson Island Holiday
Two-night escape to your own private island. For you and up to 11 guests valued at $22,520. Fully catered including drinks, and return boat transfers. https://www.queensland.com/au/en/plan-your-holiday/holidayslikethis.htmlEntrants must be Queensland residents and at least 18 years of age. Proof of identity and proof of residency is required in order to claim a Prize, and eligibility will be checked. One entry per person. Winner will be contacted by phone or email and must claim Prize within one week.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. The Promoter is Tourism and Events Queensland (ABN 77 745 152 359) of Level 8, 515 St Pauls Terrace, Fortitude Valley, QLD 4006.
2. Information on how to enter and Prize conditions forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this Competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
4. Entrants must be residents of Queensland and be at least 18 years of age. Employees and immediate families of the Promoter are excluded.
5. The Promoter reserves the right to request Prize winners to provide proof of identity and proof of residency in order to claim a Prize. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the Prize.
How to enter
6. The Competition will take place over the period Monday 30 August 2021 to Sunday 26 September 2021 (the “Competition Period”). During the Competition Period, there will be four separate Random Draws for the Competition Prizes. Each Prize has their own Entry Period and Random Draw dates. Details of the Competition Prizes and applicable dates are set out below:
(i) Wilson Island – Two nights on your own private island for you and 11 guests, all inclusive (plus: $2000 Flight Centre Voucher for flights, car hire)
Entry Period: 3 September 2021 9.00am AEST to 5 September 2021 5.00pm AEST
Random Draw: 6 September 2021
Total value of Prize: approx. $22,520
7. To enter a draw for one of the Prizes, you must do the following:
(i) Visit www.queensland.com
during the Entry Period for the relevant Prize, as specified above.
(ii) Provide your personal details, including full name, post code, telephone number, e-mail address.
Number of Entries permitted
8. Entrants may enter once only for each Prize (i.e. four entries in total during the Competition Period are allowed). An entrant may receive one Prize only during the Competition Period.
Determination and Notification of winners
9. Prize winners will be selected by electronic Random Draw from eligible entries. The drawing of the Prizes will be conducted at Tourism and Events Queensland, Level 8, 515 St Pauls Terrace, Fortitude Valley, Qld 4006 on the Random Draw date specified above.
10. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes in connection with the Competition.
11. The Prize winners will be notified by telephone and email. If a Prize winner does not respond within one week following the relevant Random Draw a replacement winner may be drawn at the Promoter’s discretion.
12. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
13. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and the Prize supplier’s requirements. Specific Prize requirements include the following:
Travel Window: 1 April 2022 – November 30, 2022 (Wilson Island is closed from 1 February to 31 March for bird breeding season) two-night minimum stay, adults only – 18 years or older, subject to availability, black out date: Easter April 15-18, 2022
Further Terms and Conditions
14. Each Prize must be taken by 31 December 2022. In the event a winner does not take the Prize by the time stipulated, then the entire Prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the Prize.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this Competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this Competition.
16. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
17. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including (without limitation) due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available, and (without limitation) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
18. Any entrant found to be entering incorrect personal details will have their entry invalidated and any claim to any Prize will be invalidated. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant.
19. If a Prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for a Prize of equal or greater value. It is a condition of accepting a Prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and Prize supplier’s requirements. Each Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the Prize as stated.
20. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the Prize to a winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the Prize to appear in connection with the Promoter or News Corp Australia publications, or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
21. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
22. The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any Prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
23. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Competition.
24. The Promoter is collecting personal information from you to assess your eligibility to enter the Competition, to administer the Competition, and to contact you about your registration. Information collected in the registration form will be used by the Promoter for administration of the Competition. Any personal information collected, held, managed, used, disclosed or transferred will be held in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld) and other applicable laws. By registering for the Competition you consent to the collection, use and sharing of your personal information in accordance with this provision.