Crash the Birdsville Big Red Bash in style with 3 friends!
It’s the world’s most remote music festival – held at “Big Red” dune in the heart of Queensland’s outback, you’ll never forget dancing in the desert, meeting the artists, and making once-in-a-lifetime memories. There’s a reason this iconic concert sells out so quickly every year – this is an experience you don’t want to miss!
Draw opens 9am AEST Friday 25 February and closes at 5pm AEST Sunday 27 February 2022.https://www.queensland.com/au/en/greatqueenslandgetaway/bigredbash/
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Tourism and Events Queensland (Promoter) is providing you with the opportunity to win a journey out to the Big Red Bash for you and 3 guests from 4-9 July 2022 (Prize/Big Red Bash Experience) by heading to http://www.queensland.com/bigredbash
during the Competition Period and completing the entry form (Competition).
The Prize includes the following:
Return airfares for the Winner and 3 guests from their closest capital city to Birdsville.
Tickets for the Winner and 3 guests to the Big Red Bash.
Backstage passes for the Winner and 3 guests to meet some of the event artists.
Accommodation for the Winner and 3 guests in a Camplify van, stocked with basics, nibbles, local beer/wine.
$500 Eftpos voucher towards food and drinks onsite.
Scenic helicopter flight over Birdsville/Big Red Bash for Winner + 1 with an event artist (details of artist will be confirmed closer to the event).
1 night at the Birdsville Hotel for the Winner and 3 guests after the Big Red Bash concludes (room type and configuration to be confirmed by the Promoter closer to the travel date).
The Prize has an approximate retail value of $20,000.
2. A bonus prize of 1 million Velocity Frequent Flyer Points (with an approximate retail value of $30,516) (Bonus Prize) will also be on offer if the Winner is a Velocity Frequent Flyer Member at the time of the Prize Draw and:
between 13 February 2022 and 17:00 AEST on 27 February 2022 books a Virgin Australia (VA) flight for travel to, or within, Queensland; and
provides the flight reservation number on their Competition entry form (for clarity, this flight is able to be booked directly with VA or via a retail/trade partner).
The Promoter will require the Winner to provide the Promoter with a copy of their reservation demonstrating that the booking was made during the above mentioned dates and that the flight(s) remain valid at the time of verification by the Promoter. The Promoter will also require a copy of the Winner’s Velocity Frequent Flyer number.
3. For clarity, reference to Prize within these Terms will also include the Bonus Prize where applicable.
4. The Competition will open at 09:00 AEST on 25 February 2022 and close at 17:00 AEST on 27 February 2022 (Competition Period).
5. You must be a resident of Australia and be at least 18 years of age. Entry not open to residents of ACT or WA.
6. You, and your travel companions, must be eligible to travel to Queensland. It is your responsibility to ensure that you and travel companions meet entry requirements for Queensland. Any requirements imposed by the Queensland Government can be found here. Please note that these requirements are regularly updated.
7. You and your travel companions must be available to undertake the Big Red Bash Experience on/between 27-30 May 2022 and must travel together.
8. Directors, officers, management, employees and other staff (and the immediate families of directors, officers, management, employees and other staff) of a Promoter, or of the agencies or companies associated with this Competition are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
9. No purchase of goods or services is required to enter the Competition and the purchase of any goods or services from companies associated with this Competition will not improve your chance of winning.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to exclude any entrant from the Competition on the grounds of that individual’s criminal record.
11. An entrant who has won a major prize in any other 2022 Great Queensland Getaway competition is not eligible to win the Prize in this Competition, except for an entrant from South Australia who is eligible to win more than once.
12. The Winner and their travel companions will be required to sign indemnity and exclusion of liability forms (provided by the Promoter and/or any Big Red Bash Experience provider) in favour of the relevant parties involved in the Competition and/or the Big Red Bash Experience prior to undertaking any specified activities forming part of the Prize. The Promoter notes that these may be provided via an online portal. The Winner and their travel companions may also be required to execute a media release, an affidavit of eligibility and release, and any required federal, state and local tax liability documents. If the Winner and their travel companions do not sign any form/document provided within the time requested, that Winner's entry or claim may be deemed invalid (at the Promoter’s sole discretion). Where an entry or claim is deemed invalid, the Promoter reserves the right to determine a new winner in accordance with conditions 21 and 22.
13. A person can only submit one entry. Multiple entries will not be accepted.
14. Once an entry is submitted, subject to law, you acknowledge that the entry may not be withdrawn, altered or deleted (except as and where required by the Promoter).
15. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over communications networks or services, the internet, or computer or telephone networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred. Any form of automated entry using any device or software is invalid. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter not at the time of transmission by you.
16. Without limiting the above, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
17. Costs associated with accessing the Competition website remain your responsibility.
18. The Competition will be run as a game of chance. A random prize draw will be held on 28 February 2022 at 14:30 AEST at the Promoter’s office (being Level 8, Green Square North Tower, 515 St Pauls Terrace, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006) and one winner (Winner) will be selected (Prize Draw). The Winner will be publicly announced by 17:00 AEST on 14 March 2022. Publication of the Winner will occur on the Competition website.
19. Upon selection the Winner will be notified by phone and email. The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to identify and locate the Winner. Please note that it is your responsibility to actively monitor your nominated email account, including any ‘Junk’/‘Spam’ folders.
20. If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your entry and eligibility will be undertaken by the Promoter. The method of validation will be determined by the Promoter at its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a Winner, the Winner will be notified in accordance with these Terms.
21. Subject to condition 22, if the Winner does not respond and accept the Prize within 7 days of contact being made by the Promoter, a replacement winner may be selected at the Promoter’s discretion. Once a replacement winner is selected the original winner will have no claim to the Prize.
22. For SA entrants only, if the Prize remains unclaimed within 2 months after the Prize Draw, an unclaimed prize draw will be held at the Promoter’s office (being Level 8, Green Square North Tower, 515 St Pauls Terrace, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006) on 28 April 2022 at 14:30 AEST subject to the approval of any necessary regulatory authority (SA Unclaimed Prize Draw).
The winner of the SA Unclaimed Prize Draw will be notified in the same manner as set out in conditions 18 and 19 above.
23. Where there is no Winner or the Winner cannot be found, the Promoter will publish these details on the Competition website.
24. The Winner will be subject to additional terms and conditions in connection with the Prize, including:
Velocity Frequent Flyer Terms and Conditions (if applicable): https://experience.velocityfrequentflyer.com/member-support/terms-conditions
Any other terms and conditions as required by participating operators.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to, at any time, verify an entry or entrant and disqualify an entrant the Promoter has reason to believe has submitted an entry not in accordance with these Terms.
26. The Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by the Promoter. The Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer the Prize or redeem the Prize for cash, but the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute the Prize (or portion thereof) with one comparable or greater value.
27. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Prize or any variation in the Prize advertised and the Prize provided.
28. Any domestic travel which forms part of the Prize must be booked and completed by the dates specified by the Promoter (refer to condition 7). Any flights and accommodation constituting part of the Prize are subject to booking and availability. All costs associated with the Prize which are not specified to be included in the Prize, including but not limited to any transfer costs, meals, taxes, insurance and all other ancillary costs, are the responsibility of the Winner and their travel companions. The Winner and their travel companions are responsible for ensuring that they have all necessary travel insurance and documents to travel to the relevant location(s). The Promoter is not responsible for any cancellation, delay or rescheduling of flights and any costs incurred as a result (including, without limitation, accommodation costs) will be the sole responsibility of the Winner and their travel companions.
29. It is the Winner’s and their travel companions’ personal responsibility to ensure they have valid documentation which meets the requirements of the Queensland government. Any necessary documentation, vaccinations or COVID-19 tests, and such associated costs, are the responsibility of the Winner and their travel companions. Any fines, penalties, payments, or expenditures incurred as a result of not meeting the requirements of the relevant authorities will be the sole responsibility of the traveller(s).
30. The Winner may extend its stay at its own expense (subject to availability). For clarity, the Winner is responsible for any making any bookings relating to that additional travel period.
31. The Winner must liaise directly with the Promoter to organise travel and provide the Promoter with any information reasonably required in order to fulfil the Prize. Once confirmed in writing, travel dates and the names of those travelling are not changeable without incurring additional fees. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for any fees incurred as a result of any changes made and these costs will be borne by the Winner and their travel companions. The Winner must provide the Promoter with the details of its travel companions no later than 4 June 2022.
32. Unless agreed otherwise, the Winner and their travel companions must travel at the same time, must depart from the same capital city and are responsible to organise transfers and cover associated costs for transport from their residence to their nearest capital city for flight departure.
33. To the extent permitted at law, each entrant releases and indemnifies the Promoter and agencies associated with the Competition against all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any Prize or participation in the Competition including (but not limited to) personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
34. By entering the Competition, you accept your voice, name, location and any other information submitted to the Promoter being broadcast and/or published.
35. Entrants and/or the Winner and their travel companions must participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding this Competition or the winning of the Prize (as reasonably requested by the Promoter), free of charge, and sign any additional documents reasonably required by the Promoter to give effect to this condition. Subject to law, you and your travel companions must consent to the Promoter using your names, likeness, images and/or voices (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without further notification, remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing the Competition (including any outcome), undertaking the Big Red Bash Experience and/or promoting any products or services distributed and/or supplied by companies in connection with the Competition.
36. If you are unable to or refuse or fail to take part in any element of this Competition, or if your winning entry (where applicable) is deemed not to comply with these Terms, the Promoter reserves the right to discard your entry and proceed as if you had not entered the Competition. Entries that, in the Promoter’s judgment, are offensive, defamatory, or otherwise objectionable or in appropriate or that infringe any third-party rights will be invalid. If due to any reason whatsoever the Promoter becomes aware after you have won the Prize that you have not complied with these Terms, then you will have no entitlement to the Prize, even if the Promoter has announced you as the winner and where applicable, you will be required, at the direction of the Promoter, to return, refund or otherwise make restitution of any portion of the Prize received.
37. As a condition of entry, entrants are required to provide Personal Information. This Personal Information will be collected and stored for the purposes of:
administering the Competition and, where appropriate, awarding the Prize;
improving the goods and services offered by the Promoter; and
where your explicit consent has been obtained, provide you with marketing and promotional communications.
You agree to the Promoter sharing your entry details (including any Personal Information) with related agencies, regional tourism organisations and any Prize providers (i.e. Virgin Australia).
Your personal information may be disclosed to State/Territory lottery departments and the Winner’s name published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements the Promoter will only publish the Winner’s surname, first initial, State and postcode.
A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the Competition.
“Personal Information” means, for the purpose of the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld), information or an opinion, including information or an opinion forming part of a database, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
38. If for any reason any aspect of this Competition is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including, but not limited to, by reason of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, telephone network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or anything which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter may, in its sole discretion, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, invalidate any affected entries and/or, if necessary, provide an alternative prize to the same value as the original Prize.
39. Without limiting the above, the Promoter reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Competition without notice. The Promoter may amend these Terms at any time.
40. Subject to condition 41, the Promoter’s decision concerning any aspect of this Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
41. For NSW entrants only, in the event of a dispute about the conduct of the Competition or the claiming of a Prize, the entrant/Winner may give the Promoter written notice detailing the nature of the dispute (Notice of Dispute). The Promoter must respond to this Notice of Dispute within 30 days.
42. This Competition and these Terms will be construed in accordance with, and governed by, the laws of Queensland, Australia.
43. The Promoter is Tourism and Events Queensland of Level 8, Green Square North Tower, 515 St Pauls Terrace, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006.