CNW Electrical & NHP National Promotion 2022
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation
in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Any entry which does not comply with these Terms and Conditions isinvalid.
3. The Promoteris CNW Pty Ltd (ABN48 009 669 836) of 675 MacArthur Avenue Central, Pinkenba QLD
4008, telephone: (07) 3907 8388 (“CNW”).
4. Entry is only open to Australian businesses with a valid ABN (each an “Eligible Business”).
5. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this
promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse,
de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent,
grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step- brother, stepsister or 1st cousin.
6. Participation in the Promotion is only available to persons over 18 years of age.
7. The promotion commences on Tuesday 01/03/2022 and concludes at 11:59 pm AEST on Saturday
30/04/2022 (“Promotional Period”). All times referred to herein are AEST, as applicable in QLD.
8. To be eligible to enter via the spend entry method, an authorised representative on behalf of an
Eligible Business, must spend the following during the Promotional Period (collectively referred to
as a “Qualifying Transaction”):
• Spend Entry
Each $250 (exclusive of GST) spent in a single invoice on Eligible NHP Products (as
defined below) during the Promotional Period will earn a single entry into the draw
(e.g. spend $800 in a single invoice and earn 3 entries)
‘Eligible products’ are Participating products include all NHP Concept Panelboards including
manufactured boards, all MOD6 and DinT circuit protection and all NLine switching products’
products purchased through CNW Electrical Wholesale.
9. All products much be invoiced/purchased within the promotional period except manufactured
Panelboards, which must have a requested delivery date no later then 1st July 2022.
10. Upon making their Qualifying Transaction, a CNW staff member willthen enter the Eligible Business
into the draw. In accordance with the number of entries applicable to their Qualifying Transaction.
The Eligible Business will be required to provide their contact details (including but not limitedto
the authorised representative’s full name, telephone number, email address and ABN for the
Eligible Business) to the staff member for the purposes of their entry.
11. CNW is not responsible for failure to receive any entry for any cause beyond its control.
12. Eligible Businesses must retain their original purchase receipt(s) and/or invoice(s) for all entries as
proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase for all entries when requested may, in
the absolute discretion of CNW, result in invalidation of ALL of an Eligible Business’ entries and
forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) and/or invoice(s) must clearly specify the store
of purchase, the purchase amount and the date of purchase.
13. CNW reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Businesses and
reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who CNW has reason to believe
has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in
any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the
promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at CNW’s discretion. Failure by CNW to enforce
any ofitsrights at any stage does not constitute a waiver ofthose rights. CNW’s legalrightsto recover
damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
14. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Business, CNW reserves the right, in its sole
discretion, to determine the identity of the Eligible Business.
15. There will be two hundred and twenty eight (228) draws conducted for this promotion, with two
hundred and twenty five (225) minor prize draws (“Minor Draws”) and three (3) major prize draws
(“Major Draw”). Entries into each draw will open and close on the dates and times specified in the
16. The ‘Minor Draw’ will be conducted weekly by drawing 5 (five) eligible entrants from the entrants
received that week in each of the respective pools (CNW Branches) as set out below:
Pool 1 Pool 2 Pool 3 Pool 4 Pool 5
Murarrie Scoresby Alexandria Osborne Park Mackay
Archerfield Croydon Smeaton
Slacks Creek Launceston Orange Malaga Townsville
Bowen Hills Geelong Coffs Harbour Myaree Emerald
Geebung Clayton Maitland Redcliffe Rockhampton
Southport Hobart Warners Bay Karratha Mt Isa
Oxenford Lonsdale Broadmeadow Maddington Toowoomba
Burleigh Kent town Ballina Bunbury Ipswich
Nerang Beverley Port Macquarie Geraldton Hervey Bay
Warana Edwardstown Fyshwick Balcatta Gladstone
Enoggera Pooraka Wollongong Port Hedland Chinchilla
Hendra Caringbah Darwin
17. All Minor Prize Draws will take place on the dates specified in the table below. The Major Draws will
take place in the presence of an independentscrutineer in 675 Macarthur Avenue Central, Pinkenba
QLD 4008 on Monday 9th of May 2022 at 11:00 am AEST. CNW may draw additional reserve entries
and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. Winning Eligible
Businesses will be notified in writing within five (5) business days of the applicable draw and their
names published online at www.cnw.com.au/NHPSwitchOn_SwitchOff2022
from the dates
specified in the table below.
Entries Close Draw Date Publication Date
01/03/2022 11:59pm 6/03/2022 07/03/2022 8/03/2022
07/03/2022 11:59pm 13/03/2022 14/03/2022 15/03/2022
14/03/2022 11:59pm 20/03/2022 21/03/2022 22/03/2022
21/03/2022 11:59pm 27/03/2022 28/03/2022 29/03/2022
28/03/2022 11:59pm 03/04/2022 04/04/2022 05/04/2022
04/04/2022 11:59pm 10/04/2022 11/04/2022 12/04/2022
11/04/2022 11:59pm 17/04/2022 18/04/2022 19/04/2022
18/04/2022 11:59pm 24/04/2022 25/04/2022 26/04/2022
24/04/2022 11:59pm 30/04/2022 1/05/2022 2/05/2022
Major Draws 09/05/2022 15/05/2022
18. Participating CNW Branches:
QLD:24, NSW: 12, ACT:1, WA:11, NT:1, VIC:4, SA:5, TAS:2
19. CNW’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. Each valid entry drawn in each ‘Minor Draw’ will win one of the following in the table below. Total
prize value is up to $11,250 nationally.
Prizes Price (including GST) National Total State (SA) Total
Prezzee Cards $50 $ 11,250 $2250
21. The valid entries drawn in the Major Draw will be eligible to select from the listed Major Prize(s) of a
either one (1) Tradie Trailer (Pro Trade Series Tradesman Trailer (PT85)) valued at $21,000 or one (1)
Jayco Swift Camper Trailer valued at $25,000 or one (1) Seadoo Fish Pro valued at $19,609. The
maximum total Major Prize value is up to $75,000 (including GST) - including registration, compulsory
third-party insurance, stamp duty and dealer delivery charges (which may vary State by State).
Additional insurance, options, petrol and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner.
The ‘CNW’ will be delivering the ‘Major Prize’ to the customer.
22. If the Major Prize winner (or Prize Recipient) is, through any legal incapacity or otherwise, unable to
register a Major Prize in their own name, then the winner (or Prize Recipient) may assign the Major
Prize to another person (who consents to such assignment) with legal capacity for the purpose of
registration. CNW takes no responsibility for any such arrangements between the winner and the
assignee. The winner (or Prize Recipient) must provide CNW with certified copies of all required
documentation as required by CNW before the Major Prize is awarded. It is a condition of accepting
the prize that the winner (or Prize Recipient) may be required to sign a legal release in a form to be
determined by CNW in itsdiscretion.
23. A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on 23/05/2022 at the same time and place as the
original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners, if any, will be notified
in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their names will be published online atwww.cnw.com.au/NHPSwitchOn_SwitchOff2022
24. Iffor any reason a winner or Prize Recipient does nottake/redeem a prize by the time stipulated by the
CNW, then the prize will be forfeited.
25. The winner does not have to be present during the draws to claim the prize.
26. Total prize pool value is up to $86250 prizes or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or
exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. Prize values are correct at the time of printing but no
responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value of any prizes.
27. Eligible Businesses consent to CNW using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they
are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited
period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome),
and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by CNW.
28. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably
anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of CNW, including but not limited to
technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole
discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any Eligible Business; or (b) subject
to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the
promotion, as appropriate.
29. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the responsibility of the individual
submitting the entry on behalf of the Eligible Business and is dependent on the Internet service
provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic
means that allows an individual/Eligible Business to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited
and will render all entries submitted by that individual/Eligible Business invalid.
30. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or
modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act,
as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in
the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that
cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its
respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any
personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect,
special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
31. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees,
the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and
excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including
loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a)
any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the CNW’s control); (b)
any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late,
lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the CNW) due to any
reason beyond the reasonable control of the CNW;(d) any variation in prize value to that stated in
these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner, Prize Recipient or Eligible
Business; or (f) use of a prize.
32. As a condition of accepting the Major Prize, the winner (or Prize Recipient) must not have any
outstanding credit that is owed to CNW must be settled prior to the draw of the major prize and
sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by CNW and/or prize suppliers in their
absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
33. The CNW collects personal information ("PI") in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this
purpose, disclose such PI to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service
providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional
can be viewed at https://shop.cnw.com.au/cnw/en/AUD/privacyPolicy
. In addition to any use that
otherwise advised, use the PI for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling
purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the Eligible Business. The Privacy
Policy also contains information about how Eligible Businesses may opt out, access, update or
correct their PI, how they may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or any
other applicable law and how those complaints will be dealt with. All entries become the property
NSW Permit No.TP/01194 ACT Permit No. 22/00170 SA Permit No. 22_105