Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Friday 26 April 2024, 11:36:50 pm   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,704 comps and freebies worth over $33,731,536.81 listed

That's over thirty three million, seven hundred and thirty one thousand, five hundred and thirty six dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1016038 Total Posts (445871 Searchable Posts) in 298218 Topics by 41499 Members
Latest Member: squxiu
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  SA CWA - Win share of $1750 in voucher - Knitorama Adelaide Arcade 9/7 11am/3pm
Entry Details
  • share of $1750 in voucher     Closing Date: Saturday 09 July 2022

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Cash & Vouchers 
Prizes may include Cash, Vouchers, Subscriptions, Gift Cards etc ...
 Win great prizes at the Compingclub

COMP
MARK

$1,750.00  
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: SA CWA - Win share of $1750 in voucher - Knitorama Adelaide Arcade 9/7 11am/3pm  (Read 324 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
oldfellow
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
100%

Top Poster

Aquarius
Aquarius

« : Friday 24 June 2022, 03:36:36 am »
Go Up

https://www.facebook.com/southauscwa/photos/2208679695955577/

South Australian Country Women's Assoc. (SACWA)
June 15 at 4:52 PM  ·
Welcome to this week's Corona Craft brought to you by the SACWA State Handicraft Committee.
The SACWA is joining the Adelaide Arcade at their Knit-O-Rama on Saturday July 9th from 11am till 3pm.

You can register here: https://adelaidearcade.com.au/events/knit-o-rama/...

How does it work?
Individuals and pairs compete over 4 hours in a race to craft the largest stack of knitted 10cm x 10cm squares. Knitting begins at 11am on Saturday 9th July 2022 and ends at 3pm. Knitters can compete as an individual, or as part of a pair.

How much does it cost?
Your $10 entry fee can be paid in cash or by EFTPOS on the day and will be directly donated to the Deafblind Association of South Australia. In return, participants will be given a $10 coffee/food voucher to use at selected Adelaide Arcade businesses throughout the day.

What can I win?
1st place Individual – $500 Adelaide Arcade Voucher
2nd place Individual – $250 Adelaide Arcade Voucher
1st place Pair – x2 $250 Adelaide Arcade Vouchers
2nd place Pair – x2 $100 Adelaide Arcade Vouchers
Pre-registration raffle prize – $100 Adelaide Arcade Voucher

What do I need to bring?
All wool and some needles will be provided. However, we would encourage you to bring your own knitting needles if you can (4mm and under), lots of friends, a positive attitude and the speediest fingers you possess! We’d also

recommend that you dress warmly or bring along a knee rug… we will have gas heaters on-site, however, the Arcade can sometimes be a little chilly in early July

What type of wool will we be knitting with?
Knitters will have access to an array of pre-portioned 8ply and 4ply (4ply to be knitted double) yarn for their 10cm x 10cm squares. All wool has been sourced locally from independent yarn retailers, many of whom spin and/or dye their own product. All yarn will be labelled, so if you like something you knit with on the day, you’ll be able to track it down.

How will I know that I’m knitting the right size squares?
25 stitches x 25 rows knitted stockinette stitch with 8ply yarn on 4mm needles should yield a 10cm x 10cm square however, we all knit with a different tension so some individual adjustments might need to be made. We will have measuring tapes/gauges available for you to check – they don’t have to be perfect.

What’s going to happen with the knitted squares at the end of the day?
All completed squares will be collected and sewn together into a blanket that will be donated to the South Australian Country Women’s Association, to be raffled off at a later date.

Can I take the wool home at the end of the day?
Whatever wool hasn’t been used and isn’t required to complete the blanket can be taken home by competitors.

What if I’m not a speedy knitter, or I don’t have the full 4 hours to spare?
That’s OK! We’re not speedy either! Additional participation prizes will be awarded on the day, including the most creatively knitted 10cm x 10cm square. Casual knitters and folks new to knitting are also encouraged to drop in for a quick knit, or a beginner’s lesson. Knitters of all shapes, sizes and speeds are invited and encouraged to come along and get involved.

I’ll be driving into the city. Where can I park?
The Wyatt Street UPark on the south side of Grenfell Street is right outside our front door and, happily, they offer $8 flat rate parking on Saturdays. So you can stay as long as you’d like.

Are there toilets available on site?
There sure are! You’ll just need the key to access them which we will have ready for you.

What time should I arrive?
Knitting will begin at 11am sharp. Please arrive 10 – 15 minutes early to allow time to pay your $10 fee and to get yourself set up.

Great! This sounds fun. What do I need to do now?

All you need to do is pre-register your attendance using the form above. Competition slots have been limited to 50 people and pre-registered participants will take precedence. See less

Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0141 seconds with 8 queries.
Friday 26 April 2024, 11:36:50 pm from 18.221.53.5