Win $10K towards a bill-free '23
To kick-start the year, we’re giving Linkt customers the chance to win $10,000 or one of 400 other great prizes, just for using the Linkt app. Simply fill in the entry form to go in the draw!
Don’t have the app yet? Download it for free on the App Store or Google Play. If you’re not a Linkt customer you can still enter by opening an account today.
Entries are open until Sunday 16 April 2023.
Over 400 prizes to be won
$10,000 bank deposit
(1 to win)
$50 prepaid Mastercard
(win 1 of 400)
1. These Terms and Conditions are for the “Towards a bill-free ‘23” Linkt Customer Competition to win either $10,000 or a $50 Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard (total Prize pool $30,000) (Promotion). Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering this promotion, entrants accept these Terms and Conditions. Entries must comply with these Terms and Conditions to be valid.
2. The Promoter is Transurban Limited ABN 96 098 143 410 of Tower Five, Collins Square, 727 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008, 03 8656 8900, operating under the brand Linkt (Promoter). Linkt is a trade mark of Transurban Limited ABN 96 098 143 410. Authorised under permit number: NSW: TP/02216, ACT: TP23/00294, SA: T23/213
3. Entry is open to all residents of Australia aged 18 years and over who:
a) are the primary or secondary account holder of an active consumer Linkt Tag, Tagless, Prepaid or Postpaid Account;
b) are 'opted-in' to receive marketing and promotional communications from the Promoter at the time the competition ends on Sunday 16 April 2023; and
c) have logged in to their account via the Linkt app between Friday 24 February and Sunday 16 April 2023.
4. The following persons are ineligible to participate:
a) Linkt Commercial Account holders or Linkt Commercial Rental Account holders;
b) LinktGO customers and Pass holders;
c) Directors and management of the Promoter;
d) officers, employees and contingent workers of the Promoter, Queensland Motorways Management Pty Limited (ACN 010 630 921), Queensland Motorways Services Pty Limited (ACN 165 422 202) and the WestConnex Group; and/or
e) retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies of the Promoter who are associated with this Promotion, and their directors, management and employees.
“WestConnex Group” means (a) WCX AHT Pty Ltd (as trustee of the WCX Asset Hold Trust) and WCX PHT Pty Ltd (as trustee of the WCX Project Hold Trust) (together the WCX Entities); (b) each company in which the WCX Entities, whether individually or collectively, own (directly or indirectly) 50% or more of the voting shares; and (c) each company which is for the purposes of section 50AA of the Corporations Act 2001 under the “control” of the WCX Entities, whether individually or collectively.
5. The Promotion commences on Friday 24 February at 12:00PM AEDT and concludes on Sunday 16 April 2023 at 11:59PM AEST (Promotion Period).
6. To enter, an eligible customer must, during the Promotion Period, enter online at www.linkt.com.au/billfree
a) first name
b) last name
c) mobile number
d) email address
e) Linkt account number
f) consent to 'opt-in' to receive marketing and promotional communications from the Promoter
d) confirmation they have logged in to their account via the Linkt app during the Promotion Period.
7. Customers can opt out of receiving marketing and promotional communications at any time. If customers opt out before the competition ends on Sunday 16 April 2023, they will no longer be eligible to receive a Prize.
8. An eligible customer can only enter the competition draw once. Where eligible customers share an account, each eligible customer may enter separately but only one Prize will be awarded per account.
9. An entry must be received by the Promoter by the end of the Promotion Period, or it will not be accepted.
10. The Promoter takes no responsibility should a person not have the software, hardware or mobile plan that permits access to, and use of, the Promotor’s website. Any costs associated with accessing the Internet, downloading data on a mobile device, or using any device to access and use the Promotor’s website is the sole responsibility of the entrant and is dependent on the Internet/mobile service provider used.
Prizes and draw
11. There is a maximum of 401 prizes (each a Prize) to be won during the Promotion Period. The total Prize pool is $30,000. No bonus prizes will be awarded. All Prize amounts are in Australian dollars.
12. The total number of competition winners in the Promotion is 401.
13. The Prizes on offer are:
a) Major Prize: 1 x $10,000 prize deposited into the winner’s nominated Australian bank account
b) Minor Prize: 400 x Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard valued at $50 each
14. A draw will take place at 2:00PM AEST on Wednesday 26 April 2023 (Draw Date) at Transurban Limited, Tower Five, Collins Square, 727 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008.
15. On the Draw Date, the winners will be randomly drawn by an electronic draw process from all entries received during the Promotion Period. An independent scrutineer will be present to supervise the draw and will not be associated with the Promoter or otherwise involved in the conduct of the Promotion. The first valid entry drawn will win the Major Prize of $10,000. The next 400 valid entries drawn will each win a Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard valued at $50.
16. A limit of one Prize per Linkt account applies, even if two or more persons share that account. Entries will be validated by the Promoter once submitted to ensure the entry meets the entry criteria set out in paragraph 3 (including that the entrant has a valid Linkt account). Persons who register multiple Linkt accounts using multiple addresses or aliases may be disqualified.
17. For clarity, if a winner has not logged into their account via the Linkt app during the Promotion Period, they will be disqualified and not eligible to win.
18. The Major Prize winner will be notified by phone call via the phone number provided in their entry form and then emailed via their email provided on the entry form. Minor Prize winners will be notified by email via the email address provided on the entry form. Prize winners will be notified on or before Tuesday 2 May 2023. Within 14 working days of being notified they are a winner. In the case that the Prize winner does not accept their Prize, they must confirm this in writing by sending it to the email address provided in the notification email.
19. Each Prize winner’s last name, initial of their first name, State and postcode will be published at www.linkt.com.au/billfree
on or before Wednesday 24 May 2023 and will remain published for a minimum of 28 days.
20. The Promoter will make all reasonable attempts to identify and contact the Prize winners.
21. In the event that:
a) a Prize winner cannot be identified or contacted on or before 5:00PM AEST on Tuesday 23 May 2023, despite all reasonable attempts to do so by the Promoter; or
b) a Prize is unclaimed by that time for any other reason whatsoever (including because the winner has forfeited their right to the Prize, the winner does not accept and claim the Prize, the winner or the winning entry does not comply with these Terms and Conditions, or otherwise),
the Promoter will conduct a second chance draw on Thursday 25 May 2023 (Second Chance Draw), at 2:00PM AEST at Transurban Limited, Tower Five, Collins Square, 727 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008, in order to determine a second chance Prize winner in the same manner as the original Prize draw (subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority). An independent scrutineer will also be present to supervise the Second Chance Draw, and will not be associated with the Promotor or otherwise involved in the conduct of the Promotion.
22. Each second chance Prize winner will be notified by email via the email address provided, on or before Wednesday 31 May 2023. Within 14 working days of being notified they are a winner, the second chance Prize winner must confirm whether they accept the Prize.
23. Each second chance Prize winner’s last name, initial of their first name, State and postcode will be published at www.linkt.com.au/billfreewinners
on or before Friday 23 June 2023 and will remain published for a minimum of 28 days.
24. The Promoter will make all reasonable attempts to identify and contact the second chance Prize winners.
25. In the event that:
a) a second chance Prize winner cannot be identified or contacted by 5:00PM AEST on Wednesday 21 June despite all reasonable attempts to do so by the Promoter; or
b) the Prize is unclaimed by that time for any other reason whatsoever (including because the winner has forfeited their right to the Prize, the winner does not accept and claim the Prize, the winner or the winning entry does not comply with these Terms and Conditions, or otherwise),
the Promoter will publish a notice indicating that it was unable to award a Prize to a second chance winner at www.linkt.com.au/billfree
and may dispose of the Prize as it sees fit (subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority).
26. If a winner closes their Linkt account or ceases to meet the entry requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions after entering the Promotion and before the competition closes on Sunday 16 April 2023, the Prize will be forfeited by the winner.
Delivery of Prizes
27. The Promoter will disclose each winner’s email address and mobile number to VMLY&R Pty Ltd (ABN 67 117 645 708) (VMLY&R Commerce) for the purpose of Prize fulfilment.
28. The Major Prize winner will receive their Prize via bank transfer to their nominated Australian bank account. Before the bank transfer is made, the Major Prize winner must:
a) show a form of valid photo identification that includes their full name and address, so it can be matched to the details on their Linkt account to verify their identity. This validation will be done over a video call by an authorised employee of the Promoter. In the case that that the Major Prize winner can not verify their identity, they will forfeit their right to the Prize; and
b) provide VMLY&R Commerce with their nominated Australian bank account details (account name, BSB and account number). The Major Prize will only be deposited into one bank account. The Major Prize winner is solely responsible for ensuring their nominated bank account details are correct.
The Major Prize deposit may take up to 30 business days from the date the Major Prize winner’s identity has been verified and their bank details provided.
Minor Prize winners will receive their Prize via email from VMLY&R Commerce. Each Minor Prize winner will be sent an email with an activation code and instructions on how to access their Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard. The customer downloads and opens the Vault Payment Solutions app, enters their mobile number and the activation code (contained in email). The customer then adds the Mastercard to their mobile wallet. Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercards can be used anywhere Mastercard is accepted. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard are not included and the winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to download and activate the Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard – no physical gift card will be provided. The Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard must be activated within 2 months of issue and is valid for 12 months after activation. At expiry of the Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard any unused balance will be forfeited, no notice will be provided prior to expiry. The Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard is issued by EML Payment Solutions Limited (ABN 30 131 436 532) AFSL 404131 pursuant to license by Mastercard. Mastercard and the circles design are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated. To read the full terms and conditions, visit https://www.vaultps.com.au/terms-conditions/
29. Minor Prizes are not transferable, not exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. If a Prize or any element of a Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute for that Prize, or an element of that Prize, another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter (in its sole and absolute discretion, and subject to all relevant legal requirements).
30. Tax implications may arise from the receipt or use of a Prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
31. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter accepts no responsibility for:
a) any late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications; or
b) any Internet traffic congestion or problems with, or technical malfunction of, any hardware or software, including but not limited to any damage to the hardware or software of any entrant or other persons related to participation in the Promotion.
The decision of the Promoter is final and binding; no correspondence will be entered into.
32. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) will not be responsible for any acts of god, acts of terrorism or war (declared or undeclared), state of emergency, pandemic, disaster, technical failures, security breaches, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, computer viruses, government directions or other events beyond the Promoter’s control which affect the proper or reasonably anticipated conduct or administration of the Promotion, or prevent the awarding of the Prize in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. If such an event occurs, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
33. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies the statutory consumer guarantees provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), or any other implied warranties under any legislation in Australia. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including for negligence), for any personal injury or any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential) arising in any way out of the Promotion, including but not limited to where such injury, loss or damage arises out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or Prize claim that is lost, altered, damaged or misdirected due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in the Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by an entrant or a winner; (f) participation in the Promotion or any component of the Prize by an entrant or a winner; (g) the conduct, act or omission of any service provider or Prize supplier associated with the Promotion; or (h) cancellation or postponement of any portion of the Prize for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter.
34. The Promoter reserves the right to request verification of age, identity, residential address, bank account details and any other information from any entrant or winner relevant to entry into or participation in the Promotion or delivery of Prizes. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoter, whose decision is final. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who provides false information, fails to provide information, conspires with others to gain an unfair advantage or who is otherwise involved in any way in manipulating, interfering, or tampering with the Promotion.
35. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, postcode, state of residence, likeness, image and/or voice in the event that they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media or marketing promotion for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the Promotion (including any outcome). Entrants also consent to the publication of their names in accordance with paragraphs 19 and 23 above, in the event they are the winner of a Prize.
37. In the event an entrant or a winner disputes the conduct of the Promotion (including the Promoter’s decision on whether the eligibility criteria has been met) or the claiming of a Prize, the entrant or winner must provide written notice to the Promoter of their dispute, including reasons for the dispute, by submitting an enquiry form at https://www.linkt.com.au/contact-us/email-enquiry/
. Upon receipt of such written notice, the Promoter will respond in writing via email within 7 business days of receipt setting out the reasons for its decision.
38. The agreement which comes into force under these Terms and Conditions is governed by, and must be construed in accordance with, the laws in force in Victoria, and the Promoter and any consumer who participates in the Promotion submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that State in respect of all matters arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions, and the performance or subject matter of the Promotion.