Win a Tesla Model 3
We’ll give you the keys, what you do with it is up to you.
Switch to OVO between 1 July 2023 and 31 August 2023 and you'll automatically go in the draw to win a brand new Tesla Model 3 and $2,000 credit towards your energy. All together the prize is worth $63,300º.
Increase your odds
For every friend you recommend to OVO who switches to us during the competition, you’ll get an extra entry. (Don't forget, for every friend you refer through our Refer a friend program you both get a whooping $120 credit paid over 12 months).
Tesla Model 3
57.5 kWh battery capacity
Rear-Wheel Drive (valued at $61,300.) Energy consumption of 13.1kWh/100km aprox.
Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these terms and conditions. By entering this promotion, you represent that you are eligible to enter and you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
This promotion is run by OVO ENERGY (ABN 99 623 475 089) of L22, 120 Spencer St, Melbourne 3000, phone: 1300 937 686 (we, us, our).
The promotion starts at 12.00 am AEDT/AEST on 1 July 2023 . Entries close and must be received by 11.59pm AEDT/AEST on 31 August 2023 (promotion period).
Who can enter?
1. Entry is open to Australian residents only who are 18 years or older in NSW, Victoria, Queensland and South Australia where OVO Energy operates.
2. By entering the promotion, you agree to participate in our marketing activities including being interviewed and photographed, and that we (or our agent) may use your name, voice, photo and comments for marketing purposes for an unlimited time and in any media without reference or compensation to you.
3. Employees, managers, officers or contractors, and their immediate families, of us and our associated organisations and agents, are ineligible to enter. Customers who sign up using a friends and family credit promotion link provided by an employee are also ineligible to enter.
How do you enter?
4. To enter, you must, during the promotion period:
4.1. Sign up an eligible residential property where OVO Energy operates to OVO Energy on an OVO market energy plan (eligible plan) via our website www.ovoenergy.com.au
or any participating third party website. An eligible residential property is a property located where OVO Energy operates in New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria or South Australia on a tariff OVO Energy is currently able to service; or
4.2. Refer a friend via OVO Energy’s MyOVO Refer a friend program, the referee must sign up an eligible residential property to an eligible plan; and
4.3. On the date of the draw, OVO Energy must be Financially Responsible Market Participant (FRMP) or there be a valid pending transfer into OVO Energy for the residential property that has signed up to OVO Energy or been referred via the Refer a friend program (eligible entry).
5. Each entrant may submit multiple entries during the promotion period:
· A new customer who signs up an eligible residential property to an eligible plan is 1 eligible entry.
· An existing customer who refers a new customer that signs up an eligible residential property to an eligible plan via OVO Energy’s MyOVO Refer a friend program is 1 eligible entry. There is no limit on entries an existing customer may receive by referring new customers via the MyOVO Refer a friend link. Fraudulent sign ups of new customers via the MyOVO Refer a friend program will invalidate all entries from an existing customer.
6. Incomplete, incorrect or illegible entries, or entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third-party rights (including intellectual property rights) will be considered invalid.
7. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter the promotion repeatedly is prohibited and will render entries submitted using such means invalid.
8. Entrants agree and acknowledge that all eligible entries and any intellectual property rights subsisting in their entries become our property.
9. 1 x Model 3 Tesla electric vehicle (or equivalent Tesla electric vehicle if not available at the time of the draw) and a $2000 bill credit on their OVO Energy electricity account to offset usage and supply charges. The bill credit will be applied to the winner’s account from the day after the prize draw. The winning customer will be placed on the OVO EV Plan +100% GreenPower and will receive 100% GreenPower electricity for 12 months.
10. The total prize pool value is $63,300 (inc GST) plus any local taxes payable in the state of the winner of the prize. OVO Energy will pay these taxes once the delivery location is confirmed.
11. The winner(s) will be decided by a randomly selected draw at 3.30pm (AEST/AEDT) on 7 September 2023 at L22, 120 Spencer St, Melbourne 3000 in the presence of a scrutineer, Derek Ng from Grant Thornton. The first valid eligible entry drawn will win the prize.
12. There is one Tesla electric vehicle, valued at RRP $61,300 (plus local taxes which vary depending on the location of the winner) and a $2,000 bill credit against their OVO Energy electricity account. OVO Energy will pay the local taxes for the winner.
13. Winner(s) will be notified by telephone and in writing within 7 days of the draw. The name of the winner(s) will be published by 15 September 2023 on our website www.ovoenergy.com.au
14. The prize(s) will be delivered to the winner(s) within 5-7 months subject to Tesla delivery delays.
15. Our decisions about this promotion (including the selection of winners) are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Unclaimed prize draw
16. If a prize remains unclaimed after 3 months, an unclaimed prize draw will take place on 7 December 2023 at the same time and place as the original draw, using the same draw method, subject to directions from regulators. Winner(s) will be notified by telephone and in writing within 7 days of the unclaimed prize draw. The name of the winner(s) will be published on our website www.ovoenergy.com.au
on the 15 December 2023.
17. Only one prize per eligible entry.
18. We reserve the right to withdraw a prize if there are no eligible entrants to receive it.
19. A prize, or any unused portion of a prize, can’t be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash. Expenses relating to prize(s) are the responsibility of the winner(s).
20. In order to accept a prize, a winner may be required to sign a legal release and indemnity form.
21. The winner will be placed on the OVO EV Plan +100% GreenPower for 12 months. $2000 bill credit will offset usage and supply charges only. Credit is not redeemable for cash or transferable to any other customer. If the winner moves premises, any remaining credit will be transferred to their new OVO Energy electricity account. If the winner elects to switch to another energy retailer, the remaining credit will be forfeited.
22. We reserve the right to: (a) ask you to provide proof of identity and/or proof of eligibility to claim a prize, (b) determine how the promotion is run, including the selection of a winner, and (c) disqualify any entrant who we believe has breached these terms and conditions or engaged in unlawful or other improper conduct or any conduct intended to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion.
23. We accept entries upon receipt by us. It’s your responsibility, not ours, to ensure we receive your entry. We aren’t responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries or entries not received by us for any reason. We aren't responsible for technical difficulties with the entry mechanism and we don’t warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times.
24. Any entrant who, in our opinion, tampers or interferes with the entry mechanism in any way, or who doesn’t properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win. We reserve the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these terms and conditions.
25. We aren’t responsible for a prize that may be lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with after it leaves us or our agent, or changes in prize value.
26. If we’re unable to provide a winner with a prize (or part of a prize), we’ll supply an alternative prize (or that part of the prize) of equal or greater monetary value and/or specification, subject to directions from regulators.
27. If we’re unable to run the promotion as planned, including due to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical difficulties, or any other causes beyond our control, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the promotion, we reserve the right to take any action that we consider necessary, including but not limited to (a) disqualifying any entrant, or (b) modifying or cancelling the promotion, subject to directions from regulators.
28. We exclude all warranties in relation to the quality, suitability or merchantability of a prize, except those that can’t be excluded by law. To the extent permitted by law, any liability of us or our employees or agents for breach of any rights a consumer may have which are unable to be excluded under Australian law is limited to paying for the resupply of the prize.
29. To the extent permitted by law, we aren’t liable for loss (including indirect and consequential loss), damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with this promotion (including the supply of goods or services by anyone to a prize winner), and to anyone accompanying a prize winner if applicable.
30. All costs associated or arising in connection with participating in the promotion and the prize are the responsibility of entrants. Any costs associated with accessing the internet are the entrant's responsibility, and depend on the internet service provider used.
31. We’re not responsible for tax (including GST) obligations of any nature that may arise from winning a prize, so please seek your own independent tax advice.
32. We collect personal information about you to include, and administer, your entry in the promotion in accordance with these terms and conditions, and where appropriate, award a prize. Specifically, we collect personal information about you (a) to conduct this promotion and determine and notify a winner, and disclose such information to prize suppliers and regulators, and (b) for marketing purposes at any time and in any media, including to contact you after this promotion ends.
. If the personal information requested is not provided, we will be unable to process your entry and your entry will therefore be deemed invalid.
You agree to provide your consent until such a time as it is withdrawn by giving notice to us. You can also gain access to, update or correct any personal information held by contacting us using the details listed in clause 2 of these terms and conditions. All personal information will be stored within Australia and will not be disclosed overseas.
33. Permits: NSW: TP/01655, SA: T23/891.