2023 BECKS MITRE 10 TRADE GIVEAWAY – TAS ONLY PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Promoter is Mitre 10 Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 98 009 713 704) of 19 Corporate Drive, Heatherton VIC 3202, telephone 1300 880 440 (“Promoter”).
3. Entry is only open to TAS residents aged 18 years or over who are Mitre 10 commercial or cash Account holders.
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, Participating Stores and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption).
5. The promotion commences on 1 June 2023 and closes at 3:00pm AEST on 31 August 2023 (“Promotional Period”).
6. This promotion will be conducted at the following stores (each a “Participating Store”):
Becks Mitre 10 Launceston
Becks Mitre 10 Devonport
Becks Mitre 10 Ulverstone
Becks Mitre 10 Port Sorell
Becks Mitre 10 Wivenhoe
Becks Mitre 10 Scottsdale
Becks Mitre 10 Deloraine
Wells Mitre 10
St Helens Mitre 10
Armour Mitre 10
Becks Frame & Truss
7. To receive automatic entry into the draw, eligible entrants must spend a minimum of $500 (inclusive of GST) on participating Timberlink products at a Participating Store during the Promotional Period (“Qualifying Transaction”). Entrants will receive one (1) automatic entry for every $500 (inclusive of GST) spent on participating Timberlink products at a Participating Store during the Promotional Period. For example, if an eligible entrant spends $1,200 (inclusive of GST) on participating Timberlink products at a Participating Store during the Promotional Period, the eligible entrant will be awarded two (2) entries into the draw.
8. For clarity, the required spend amount does not have to be in a single transaction/order and can be made up of multiple transactions/orders at a Participating Store over the Promotional Period.
9. Entrants must use their Mitre 10 commercial or cash trade account at the time of completing their Qualifying Transaction.
10. Entrants must retain a copy of their purchase receipt(s) for all entries as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase for all entries when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of an entrant’s entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify the store of purchase and that the purchase was made at a Participating Store during the Promotional Period but prior to entry.
11. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
12. Incomplete and indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
13. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
14. There will be one (1) draw conducted for the entries received each week of the Promotional Period, for a total of thirteen (13) draws (“Weekly Draws”), and there will be one (1) draw conducted from all winning entries from the Weekly Draws (“Major Draw”). Subject to the starting and closing time of the Promotional Period, entries into each Weekly Draw will open at 12:00am each Thursday from 1 June 2023 to 24 August 2023 inclusive and close at 11:59pm AEST each Wednesday from 7 June 2023 to 23 August 2023 inclusive, except for the final Weekly Draw which closes on Thursday 31 August 2023. Non-winning entries in each Weekly Draw will NOT be entered into any subsequent Weekly Draw(s). Only the winning entries in each Weekly Draw will be entered into the Major Draw.
15. Each Weekly Draw will take place at Becks Mitre 10 Launceston, 521 Boland St, Launceston TAS 7250 at 3:00pm AEST on the Thursday after entries close for that Weekly Draw, with the first Weekly Draw taking place on 8 June 2023 and the last Weekly Draw taking place on 31 August 2023. The Major Draw will take place at Richardson's Harley-Davidson, 468 Westbury Road, Prospect Vale TAS 7250 at 7:00PM AEST on 1 September 2023. For the removal of doubt, no draws will be conducted during the weekend or on a public holiday in TAS. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. Winners will be notified by email and/or telephone.
16. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The first two (2) valid entries drawn from each Weekly Draw will each win a Mitre 10 Gift Voucher valued at $500. Each winner will also be entered into the Major Draw (26 winners in total).
18. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the voucher are not included. Any unused balance of the voucher will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the voucher is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the voucher.
19. The first valid entry drawn from the Major Draw will win their choice of either:
(a) a Maverick X3 RS Turbo RR with Smart-Shox valued at $44,329; or
(b) a Harley 2023 Low Rider S 117 valued at $32,495,
Additional insurance, options, petrol and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner, including registration, compulsory third-party insurance, stamp duty and dealer delivery charges (which may vary State by State).
20. The next valid entry drawn from the Major Draw will win the remaining prize (not selected by the first valid entry drawn from the Major Draw), as set out in clause 18 above.
21. If a Major Draw winner is, through any legal incapacity or otherwise, unable to register the vehicle in their own name, then that winner may assign the vehicle to another person (who consents to such assignment) with legal capacity for the purpose of registration. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any such arrangements between the winner and the assignee. The winner must provide the Promoter with certified copies of all required documentation as required by the Promoter before the vehicle is awarded. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form to be determined by the Promoter in its discretion.
22. If for any reason a winner does not take a prize (or an element of the prize) at/by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
23. If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
24. Total prize pool value is up to $89,824.
25. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
26. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
27. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
28. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
29. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) and Timberlink Australia Pty Ltd excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
30. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) and Timberlink Australia Pty Ltd is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.