https://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/competitions/palmers-2023Purchase any two (2) Palmer's products from Chemist Warehouse or My Chemist (in-store or online) for your chance to WIN $1 Million.
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter the promotion forms part of these terms and conditions of entry (Terms). Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms. Headings in these Terms are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2. The promoter is CW Media PTY LTD ACN 606 548 298, ABN 43 913 252 975, 6 Albert Street Preston, Vic 3072, on behalf of the Chemist Warehouse and e-Pharmacy group (Promoter).
3. The promotion commences at 12.01am (AEST) on 17 August 2023 and closes at 11.59pm (AEDT) on 22 November 2023 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4. Entry into the promotion is open only to Australian residents who are 18 years of age or older, (Eligible Entrants). Employees and contractors, and their immediate families, of the Promoter, associated agencies and companies, and E.T. Browne (Australia) Pty Ltd (PALMER’S) are not eligible to enter this competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin.
Entry into the promotion
5. Eligible Entrants will qualify for one entry in the draw each time, during the Promotion Period, they:
i). purchase any two (2) Palmer’s products from Chemist Warehouse or My Chemist (in-store or online) in a single transaction; and
ii) submit their details online at https://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/competitions/palmers-2023
including, but not limited to, the receipt number of each transaction.
Entrants can only enter in their own name and use their own email address. The Promoter reserves the right to request the winner provide proof of identity, proof of residency, and/or proof of entry validity. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter.
If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
Entrants must retain the original or a copy of their purchase receipt showing details of the two Palmer’s products for entry into the Promotion as proof of purchase. Failure to provide proof of purchase for entry when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of the entrant’s entry and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt must clearly specify that the product/s were purchased at Chemist Warehouse, and that the purchase was made during the Promotion Period. Purchase receipt(s) may only be entered, and used, once in this promotion. If a Purchase receipt is found to be used more than once, all entries by that entrant, or any other entrant using such receipt(s), will be deemed invalid and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant whom the Promotor believes in its absolute discretion has not complied with these Terms.
Value of Prize pool
9. Prize: There will be one (1) Prize available to be won. with a minimum value of AU$10,000 and a maximum value of AU$1,000,000 (plus travel to Woodville North, South Australia, from the winner’s nearest Australian capital city to a maximum of $1,000, and travel insurance to a maximum of $500 if required, to attend the Envelope Selection)
Maximum value of the Prize is AU$1,001,500. Minimum value of the Prize is AU$10,000.
Drawing of entries
10. The draw to select the winner of the Prize will take place at 2:00pm (AEDT) on 12 December 2023 at the offices of CW Media at 6 Albert Street, Preston, VIC, 3072 and will be conducted by CW Media (Drawer). All eligible entries received will be entered in the draw. The winner will be determined by an automated random draw of all eligible entries (via Draw My Comp), with the first entry randomly selected winning the Prize.
The Prize Winner will attend in person to select one (1) sealed envelope from 100 sealed envelopes to reveal their prize value (Envelope Selection). One (1) sealed envelope will contain a card with the message “Congratulations! You’ve Won AU$1,000,000”; the remaining ninety-nine (99) sealed envelopes will each contain a card with the message “Congratulations! You’ve won AU$10,000”. The Prize will be the amount shown in the message. The Prize will be provided to the winner by cheque or a Bank Transfer, to be determined by E.T. Browne (Australia) Pty Ltd (Palmer’s) in its absolute discretion.
11. The chance of the Prize Winner selecting the maximum AU$1,000,000 value for the Prize is one in one hundred.
12. The Envelope Selection will take place at the Palmer’s office , 14 Park Avenue, Woodville North SA 5012, at 11:00am (AEDT) on 12 January 2024 (or on a date and time agreed to by Palmer’s and the Promoter after consulting with the Prize Winner before that day and time). The Prize Winner (or their proxy) will be (if required), provided with one return economy airfare from their nearest Australian capital city to Adelaide (flight associated taxes are included); travel insurance; and one night in a 4 star accommodation, all selected and arranged by the Promoter, to a maximum total of $1,500, and transported to the Envelope Selection location. If the winner is a South Australian resident, they will forfeit the airfare & travel insurance portion of their prize and no compensation will be paid or given in lieu.
13. If the Prize Winner is unable to attend the Envelope Selection, they may appoint a proxy to attend and choose an envelope in their absence. If the Prize Winner is unable to attend the Envelope Selection, and is also unable to appoint a proxy to attend on their behalf, they will be awarded AU$10,000. If the Prize winner chooses this option he or she will forfeit the chance to win the AU$1,000,000 Prize.
14. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize.
15. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
16. Any additional travel costs, such as meals, transport to and from departure point, travel within Adelaide (other than to and from the Prize draw) and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner.
17. The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Notification of the winners
18. The winner of the Prize will be notified by email and phone (using the details provided in the winner's entry form) within 2 business days after the draw and published on https://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/competitions/palmers-2023
on 14 December 2023, for a minimum of 28 days. The winners are responsible for ensuring that the contact details provided via the entry form at the time of entry, are accurate and up to date. The Promoter takes no responsibility for inaccurate or incomplete details.
Right of the promoter to redraw
19. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to comply with these Terms, forfeiting or not claiming the Prize. If the Prize remains unclaimed at 5.00pm (AEDT) on 16 March 2024, a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on 19 March 2024 at the same time and place as the original draw subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winner determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by email or phone (using the details provided in the winner's entry) within 2 business days after the draw and published on https://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/competitions/palmers-2023
from 30 March 2024, for a minimum of 28 days. The Envelope Selection for the unclaimed Prize winner the event will take place at 11:00am (AEST) 19 April 2024, or on another date and time agreed by Palmer’s and the Promoter following consultation with the unclaimed Prize Winner, at the same location outlined in condition 12 of these Terms.
The Prize in the redraw, if any, must be claimed by 13 May 2024, or will be forfeited.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
21. The Promoter, Participating Retailers, Palmer’s, their related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential losses or damages (Damages), including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties. Without limiting the generality of the previous sentence, the Promotion Parties are not liable for any Damages which are suffered or for any personal injury or death suffered or sustained during the course of the trip to draw the Prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
22. The exclusion of liability in clause 21 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a. for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promotion Parties in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services which, other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promotion Parties in the ordinary course of business; or
b. to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
23. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promotion Parties and which prevents the Promotion Parties from complying with these Terms, the Promotion Parties will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing their obligations and the Promotion Parties reserve the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
Entry details and privacy
24. Entry details become the property of the Promoter. The name, photographs and videos of the winners, and Envelope Selection, and testimonial from the winners may be used for promotional purposes by the Promotion Parties, unless the winners otherwise notify the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promotion Parties using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including being provided to any applicable statutory authorities). Entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, a copy of which is available at available at https://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/aboutus/privacy
25. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
26. The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
27. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights, nor does it prevent a subsequent exercise of them.
28. Authorised under ACT Permit No. TP 23/01094, SA Licence No.T23/852 and NSW Authority TP/02705 on notification NTP/06950.