The Monopoly Game at Macca’s STARTS this WEDNESDAY the 6th of September, there’s $786 million worth of prizes and a 1 in 4 chance to win!
Download the MyMacca’s app and get ready to play!
Terms & Conditions:
1. The “McDonald’s Monopoly 2023 Promotion” (“Promotion”) is conducted by McDonald’s Australia Limited (ABN 43 008 496 928) of 21 – 29 Central Avenue, Thornleigh NSW 2120 (“Promoter”).
2. Information on how to enter, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry and can be located on www.mcdonalds.com.au
(the “Promotional Website”). Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each Entrant.
3. Unless otherwise indicated, all times and dates specified in these Conditions of Entry are times and dates in Sydney, Australia which may be in the time zones AEST or AEDT depending on the date.
4. In these Conditions of Entry, Australian McDonald’s restaurants that are participating in the Promotion are referred to as “McDonald’s Restaurants”.
5. Promotion starts at 00:01 (Sydney Time) on 06 September 2023 and ends at 23:59 (Sydney Time) on 29 October 2023 (the “Promotional Period”).
6. Eligible Products may be purchased between 00:01 (local time) on 06 September 2023 and 23:59 (local time) on 24 October 2023 (inclusive) (the “Purchase Period”).
7. Entry into the Promotion is only open to Australian citizens and permanent residents (“Australian Residents”) aged 15 years and older as at the time of entry who remain Australian Residents for the duration of the Promotional Period (“Entrants”). The directors, management and employees (and their immediate family) of the Promoter, its related entities, related bodies corporate or franchisees, printers, suppliers, providers, software providers and developers, and agencies associated with this Promotion are ineligible to enter the Promotion. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
8. Entrants must be or become registered members of MyMacca’s and agree to participate in the Monopoly Game in the manner directed within the MyMacca’s App (“Application”) during the Promotional Period and remain registered members for the remaining duration of the Promotional Period in the manner required as set out in these Conditions of Entry in order to:
a. enter into the Second Chance Draw;
b. claim a Collect to Win Prize;
c. claim an Instant Win Non-Food Prize; and
d. claim an Instant Win Food Prize won through the Application.
9. Entrants aged less than 18 years must obtain the consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter the Promotion and provide personal information about themselves. All entries of Entrants who are aged less than 18 years who enter the Promotion while attempting to conceal (or without disclosing) their age (as and where required) and/or do not provide the required parental or legal guardian consent (as and where required) will be deemed invalid. These Conditions of Entry will bind the Entrants and any parent or legal guardian who gives their consent (for Entrants aged less than 18 years). Persons who are aged less than 15 years old are ineligible to enter and participate in the Promotion. All entries and attempted prize redemptions of persons who are aged less than 15 years old will be deemed invalid.
10. In this Promotion, each of the products listed in Column 1 of the table below (“Eligible Product Table”), when purchased from a McDonald’s Restaurant during the Purchase Period is an “Eligible Product”. The Eligible Product entitles the purchaser, subject to these Conditions of Entry, to the corresponding number of promotional tickets (each a “Play”) in Column 2 of the Eligible Product Table. Second or third Plays (if applicable) will be issued as Electronic Plays and will not be on packaging.
Eligible Product Table
Number of Plays (physical and electronic)
Medium cold cup beverage (being beverages from the soda fountain and thick shake 1 dispenser, excluding frozen beverages, bottled water or bottled orange juice)
Large cold cup beverage (being beverages from the soda fountain and thick shake 2 dispenser, excluding frozen beverages, bottled water or bottled orange juice).
Medium Fries 1 Large Fries 2 McNuggets – 10 pack 1 McNuggets – 20 pack 2 McNuggets – 40 pack 4 McFlurry 2 Hotcakes 1 Hash Brown 1 Any McCafé Standard Hot Drink 1 Any McCafé Large Hot Drink 2 Any Chicken Salad 2 Classic Angus 1 BBQ Angus 1 McSpicy 1 Double McSpicy 1 Cheese & Bacon McSpicy 1 Chicken Deluxe 1
11. Any Eligible Products sold as part of a McDonald’s McValue Bundle, Meal, Family Box Range, Loyalty or McDelivery are included as Eligible Products for the purpose of the Promotion. Choice of Eligible Products is subject to availability at each McDonald’s Restaurant and is based on reasonably anticipated demand. Each Eligible Product may not be available for sale in all McDonald’s Restaurants at all times during the Purchase Period. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any Eligible Product(s) being unavailable at a McDonald’s Restaurant during the Purchase Period.
12. Eligible Products may only be purchased when the relevant Eligible Product is available at McDonald’s Restaurants.
13. PLAYS Plays may either be physical tickets (physical Play) or digital (Electronic Play). Physical Plays will be attached to Eligible Product packaging and will be randomly distributed by the Promoter (or its nominated agents) to participating McDonald’s Restaurants based on reasonably anticipated demand. Physical Plays may not be available in all McDonald’s Restaurants at all times during the Purchase Period. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for physical Plays being unavailable at a McDonald’s Restaurant during the Purchase Period. Second or additional electronic Plays will be issued in the manner directed in the Application. Each physical Play will contain a twelve (12) digit alphanumeric unique code listed above the ‘Redeem By’ date on the bottom of the ticket (“Unique Play Code”).
14. Additional Promotion cards will also be generated physically, with one (1) Play attached to a Promotion card (“Contingency Card”), and randomly distributed by the Promoter (or its nominated agents) to McDonald’s Restaurants based on reasonably anticipated demand. Contingency Cards may not be available in all McDonald’s Restaurants at all times during the Purchase Period. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for Contingency Cards being unavailable at a McDonald’s Restaurant during the Purchase Period. A Contingency Card may be issued to an Entrant at the Promoter’s discretion including an Entrant who, during the Purchase Period, purchases from a McDonald’s Restaurant any Eligible Product and the corresponding number of Plays for that Eligible Product are not attached to the Eligible Product’s packaging. Under these Conditions of Entry, a Play that is attached to or associated with a Contingency Card is deemed to have been attached to the Eligible Product with which it was issued.
15. There are four (4) types of Plays (which may be either physical Plays or Electronic Plays):
a. “Instant Win” Plays;
b. “Collect to Win” Plays;
c. “Chance Card” Plays; and
d. “Chance Card Code” Plays.
16. A maximum of up to 213,286,817 Plays (either physical or Electronic Plays in the Promoter’s discretion) will be distributed to McDonald’s Restaurants or Entrants for the Promotion. On average across all Plays , at least one (1) in four (4) Plays will yield a prize. For the avoidance of doubt, the Promoter does not guarantee that Entrants purchasing four (4) or more Eligible Products (as the case may be) will find a Play that yields a prize.
CHANCE CARD CODE PLAYS
17. Entrants must be or become registered members of MyMacca’s and accept to participate in the Monopoly Game in the manner directed within the Application, in order to receive a Chance Card Code Play electronically. Chance Card Code Plays will be randomly distributed by the Promoter (or its nominated agents) physically and/or electronically during the Promotional Period to participating McDonald’s Restaurants or Entrants directly (“Chance Card Code Plays”). A Chance Card Code Play may be issued (either physically or digitally at the Promoter’s discretion) to an Entrant at the Promoter’s discretion including who, during the Purchase Period, purchases from a McDonald’s Restaurant any Eligible Product. Chance Card Code Plays may not be available in all McDonald’s Restaurants at all times during the Purchase Period.
18. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for Chance Card Code Plays being unavailable at a McDonald’s Restaurant during the Purchase Period. Each Chance Card Code Play will contain a Unique Play Code. A digital Chance Card Code Plays may be redeemed in the manner directed in the Application and it may take up to one (1) week for the Entrant to receive the digital Chance Card Code Play.
PLAYS CANNOT BE TRANSFERRED
19. A Play (including a Play attached to Eligible Product packaging or a Contingency Card) cannot be transferred by the Entrant who purchased the Eligible Product, to any other person, whether by gift, sale, trade, barter, auction or otherwise by ‘transferring to another’, and whether the transaction was initiated privately or in a public forum, including but not limited to via online auction or purchase sites (for example eBay and Gumtree) or used for any other purpose. Such online auction or purchase sites may not permit the sale of lottery tickets on their sites and also generally prohibit their users from infringing any laws, third party rights or the policies of the site itself.
20. Any Play that has been transferred is void and accordingly, a prize claim that includes any Play that has been so transferred is invalid. Any person who is a party to such a transfer may be refused entry into or disqualified from participating in the Promotion in the Promoter’s sole discretion. For the avoidance of doubt, any game materials produced for any other promotions or games anywhere in the world, including any other McDonald's promotions, or past McDonald’s Monopoly® promotions or any Monopoly® board games, are invalid for the purposes of this Promotion.
21. Notwithstanding the prohibition on Play transfer, the Promoter is not required to establish in any case whether the Play(s) in a prize claim has/have been transferred.
HOW TO PLAY AND ENTER
22. The Promotion is entered by playing the game (a Play). To play, an Entrant must, during the
a. purchase any one (1) or more Eligible Products from a participating McDonald’s Restaurant while Eligible Products are available for sale in that participating McDonald’s Restaurant; and
b. for a physical Play, carefully remove the ticket attached to the Eligible Product packaging or Contingency Card in the manner directed on the ticket or packaging; or
c. for a digital Play, in the manner directed in the Application and via the Application;
d. to reveal a promotional message (the “Promotional Message”) or chance card message
(the “Chance Card Message”), and the Unique Play Code. CHANCE CARDS
23. If the Play contains the Chance Card Message, the Play is a Chance Card Play. The Chance Card Play entitles the Entrant to play one (1) of three (3) available promotional games (the “App Game”) on the Application in order to reveal an Electronic Play, namely an Instant Win Play or Collect to Win Play.
24. To participate in the App Game and reveal an Electronic Play, Entrants must, during the Promotional Period:
a. download and launch the Application on their compatible mobile device. The Application is available free of charge and can be downloaded via the Apple App Store for Apple iPhone devices or via Google Play for Android devices; and
b. follow the prompts of the Application in the manner required to fully and correctly register the Entrant’s Chance Card Play to access the App Game; and
c. play the App Game in the manner required on the Application and as described in these Conditions of Entry to reveal an Electronic Play. Each Electronic Play will contain a Promotional Message and may contain a digital code (the “Electronic Prize Code”); and
d. follow the prompts in the manner required to either:
• if the Entrant is not yet a member of MyMacca’s, join MyMacca’s in the manner required by registering an account (“MyMacca’s Account”) as set out in Condition 48 below; or
• if the Entrant is already registered for a MyMacca’s Account, log-in to their MyMacca’s Account by fully and correctly submitting the email address for their MyMacca’s Account and clicking the verification link in the login verification email sent to that address in the manner required.
25. The Unique Play Code on each Chance Card Play entitles Entrants to play one (1) App Game only. A Chance Card Play cannot be registered more than once on the Application. If a Chance Card Play submitted by the Entrant has previously been used to access the Application, the Entrant will need to contact Monopoly Customer Support via https://mcdonalds.com.au/monopoly-contact-us
during the Promotional Period. Customer Support will not be open on weekends and the following public holiday: Labour Day/King’s Birthday on 2/10/2023.
26. Each App Game play must independently comply with these Conditions of Entry. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late downloads, failure to properly register a Chance Card Play or late App Game plays via the Application. Registrations and App Game plays will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt and not at the time of transmission.
27. The App Game is for entertainment purposes only. Instant Win Food Prizes and Instant Win Non- Food Prizes are awarded on a random basis and the manner of an Entrant’s participation in the App Game does not affect the odds of winning.
USING THE APPLICATION
28. The Application can be downloaded on Apple devices operating iOS 15.0 or above (iPhone 6s and above, iPad Air 3rd gen and above) and Android devices operating Android 8.0 or above (Galaxy S7 and above and all Google Pixels). In the event that an Entrant’s mobile device does not meet the minimum required specifications an optional simplified version of the experience may be launched by the Entrant’s device through the Application’s menu (depending on the functionality and capability of the device). The minimum system requirements for the Application are iOS 15.0 or above (for Apple devices) and Android 8.0 or above (for Android devices). It is important to note that for some older phones, whilst the software version is above iOS 15.0 or Android 8.0, the device hardware may not support all functions of the Application.
29. To use all features of the Application, access Chance Card Code Plays, play the App Game, and reveal an Electronic Play, Entrants must enable 3G, 4G or 5G and/or Wi-Fi data connection on their mobile device in the manner required.
30. Entrants must have the bill payer's consent to use Internet or mobile Internet to use the Application. Some service providers and mobile devices may not provide access to mobile Internet and Entrants must check with their service provider if unsure. Downloading, accessing and using the Application and accessing and using mobile content including web-based content will incur data charges. Any external links and Application features that require Internet or mobile Internet connection may also incur data charges. Data charges will remain an Entrant’s responsibility and will vary depending on the Internet service provider, usage plan or mobile carrier used (as applicable). Entrants will need to refer to the terms of the contracts with their mobile carrier, usage plan or Internet service provider (as applicable) for costs. The charges for all data services will appear on the Entrant’s next mobile phone bill and/or Internet bill (as applicable). All general queries relating to carrier rates or mobile or Internet bills should be directed to the Entrant’s mobile phone carrier or Internet service provider (as applicable).
31. If an Entrant is the driver of a vehicle (or other form of transport), the Entrant must not use the Application while the vehicle (or other form of transport) is moving or is stationary but not lawfully parked. Entrants must comply with all applicable road rules and regulations before and while using the Application. In the interests of safety at all other times, the Promoter recommends that Entrants only use the Application when it is lawful and safe to do so.
32. Subject to compliance with these Conditions of Entry, Entrants are granted a limited, non-exclusive, revocable and non-transferrable licence to install, access and use the Application on mobile devices the Entrant owns or lawfully controls. Entrants may only use the Application for personal and non-commercial use. Entrants may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, convert or authorise any third party to decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise convert, the Application to a human perceivable form; distribute or republish the Application in any way; resell, rent, lease or lend the Application; or transfer the Application or any content on the Application to any third party.
33. The use of any automated registration or App Game play software or any mechanical, electronic or other means that allows an Entrant to automatically register a Chance Card Play or play the App Game repeatedly other than in accordance with these Conditions of Entry is prohibited and will render the registration and all App Game plays by that Entrant invalid. App Game plays generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed or any other automated or other means to manipulate or alter the normal function of the Application or App Game are prohibited and will result in the disqualification of the Entrant and their App Game play.
34. If the Promotional Message revealed on the Entrant’s physical Play or Electronic Play is one of the “Winning Messages” in Column 3 (for Electronic Plays) or Column 1 (for physical Plays) of the table below (the “Instant Win Food Prize Table”), the Play is a “Winning Instant Win Food Play”. The Winning Instant Win Food Play entitles the Entrant, subject to these Conditions of Entry, to claim one (1) of the corresponding prizes of the Instant Win Food Prize Table