Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Tuesday 14 May 2024, 07:58:04 pm   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,525 comps and freebies worth over $34,414,976.85 listed

That's over thirty four million, four hundred and fourteen thousand, nine hundred and seventy six dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1017145 Total Posts (446978 Searchable Posts) in 299245 Topics by 41503 Members
Latest Member: Emmay3333
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Good Reading - Win a copy of My Brilliant Sister by Amy Brown
Entry Details
  • MyBrilliant Sister GoodReading     Closing Date: Monday 05 February 2024

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Art & Literature 
Prizes may include Paintings, Magazines, Books etc ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: Good Reading - Win a copy of My Brilliant Sister by Amy Brown  (Read 59 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
culturebird
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
100%

Top Poster

« : Sunday 04 February 2024, 02:38:49 am »
Go Up

Win My Brilliant Sister

Stella Miles Franklin’s autobiographical novel My Brilliant Career launched one of the most famous names in Australian letters. Funny, bold, often biting about its characters, the novel and its young author had a lot in common. Miles went on to live a large, fiercely independent and bohemian life of travel, art and freedom.
Not so her beloved sister Linda. Quiet, contained, conventional, Linda was an inversion of Stella. A family peacemaker who married the man Stella would not, bore a son and died of pneumonia at 25.

In this reflective, witty and revealing novel, Amy Brown rescues Linda, setting her in counterpoint with Stella, and with the lives of two contemporary women: Ida, a writer whose writing life is on hold as she teaches and raises her young daughter; and Stella, a singer-songwriter who has sacrificed everything for a career, now forcibly put on hold. Binding the two is the novella that Linda might have written to her sister Stella – a brilliant alternative vision of My Brilliant Career.

Innovative and involving, My Brilliant Sister is an utterly convincing (and hilarious) portrait of Miles Franklin and a moving, nuanced exploration of the balance women still have to strike between careers and family lives. It gives a fresh take on one of Australia’s most celebrated writers and an insight into life now.

To enter, tell us the name of Stella's sister?

https://goodreadingmagazine.com.au/competitions/win-my-brilliant-sister-giveaway-4/

Terms And Conditions:

1. Entry is open to all residents of Australia and New Zealand from 4 February 2024 to 5 February 2024. 2. Employees and the immediate families of the promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible. 3. The judge’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. 4. The first correct entries drawn from the competition in March 2024 will win a copy of the book. 5. The promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected mail. 6. The winners of the prizes will be notified by email in March 2024
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0453 seconds with 8 queries.
Tuesday 14 May 2024, 07:58:04 pm from 18.222.21.30