Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Monday 06 May 2024, 04:53:15 am   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,507 comps and freebies worth over $34,477,151.62 listed

That's over thirty four million, four hundred and seventy seven thousand, one hundred and fifty one dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1016571 Total Posts (446404 Searchable Posts) in 298715 Topics by 41499 Members
Latest Member: squxiu
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Monopoly makes it real - submit stories - 18+
Entry Details
  • Monopoly makes it real     Closing Date: Friday 03 September 2010
  • Monopoly vote end     Closing Date: Tuesday 28 September 2010

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Cash & Vouchers 
Prizes may include Cash, Vouchers, Subscriptions, Gift Cards etc ...
 Win great prizes at the Compingclub

COMP
MARK

$22,829.25  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 Next Last  All
Print
Author Topic: Monopoly makes it real - submit stories - 18+  (Read 8109 times)  (Replies 34 posts)
jonmic
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Gemini
Gemini

« Reply #20 : Sunday 05 September 2010, 12:15:42 pm »
Go Up

Voting everyday runs on a 24hr time i think...Smile
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

tui
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #21 : Sunday 05 September 2010, 02:30:27 pm »
Go Up

instead of hitting on register, click on login in, then from there go to new user. This way it gives you all the boxes you need to register.  Very Happy

curiost

Recent Activity
0%

Taurus
Taurus

« Reply #22 : Sunday 05 September 2010, 05:32:02 pm »
Go Up

i had a look at the faq section and the voting runs on a per day basis for example a wednesday would count as 12.01 (just after midnight) to 11.59pm. Well at least that's what i understand

curiost

Recent Activity
0%

Taurus
Taurus

« Reply #23 : Wednesday 29 September 2010, 06:06:45 pm »
Go Up

does anyone know what date the winner will be annouced? I've read through the t&cs about 5 times and I can't find it anywhere

calpot
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Scorpio
Scorpio

« Reply #24 : Wednesday 29 September 2010, 06:12:36 pm »
Go Up

from memory it just said 48 hours after the judging is finished - we'll just have to wait it out - feeling optimistic?

JUDGING: All eligible finalist Entries will be judged by a panel of Sponsor-appointed judges based on the following criteria: Creativity, Imagination and Uniqueness of the Essay (25%); Persuasiveness of the Essay (25%); and Consistency with and Embodiment of the Spirit of the MONOPOLY Brand (this criterion includes references to the movers, the characters, the rules, or related elements of the MONOPOLY game in the essay) (50%) (“Grand Prize Judging”). The Entry with the highest score will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by the Entry with the highest score in the “Commitment to the Spirit of the MONOPOLY Brand” criterion. The Grand Prize Judging will take place on [insert date] at [insert address]. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than the stated number of finalists or not award the prize if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of qualified Entries that comply with these Official Rules. Prize awards are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the finalists or the Grand Prize winner. Prizes will be delivered to the winners within four (4) weeks of the Grand Prize Judging.

WINNER NOTIFICATION: Judges’ and Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest and no correspondence will be entered into. Potential winner will be notified by telephone, mail and/or email within forty eight (48) hours of the Grand Prize Judging and may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) and any other documents required by Sponsor, which must be returned within fourteen (14) days of date appearing on prize notification. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable, failure to sign and return requested documentation within the specified time period, the inability of Sponsor to contact the potential winner within a reasonable time period or noncompliance with these Official Rules by any potential winner will result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up. You agree that the Sponsor and its designees may disqualify the potential winner at any time, in their sole discretion, on the basis of anything contained in or learned or obtained as a result of the submission of winner documentation, Releases or any other forms requested by Sponsor that indicate a breach of these Official Rules.

curiost

Recent Activity
0%

Taurus
Taurus

« Reply #25 : Wednesday 29 September 2010, 06:29:37 pm »
Go Up

yep it said the winner would be notified within 48 hrs of the grand prize judging, but it doesn't actually say when the grand prize judging is.
My understanding is that the grand prize judging and the closing date don't necessarily have to be the same time.

calpot
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Scorpio
Scorpio

« Reply #26 : Wednesday 29 September 2010, 06:54:06 pm »
Go Up

That's right, I was just confirming that the dates aren't on their site - they actually have "[insert date]" where they should have had the correct date in their judging paragraph.  We're just going to have to wait it out.

calpot
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Scorpio
Scorpio

« Reply #27 : Friday 01 October 2010, 06:37:43 pm »
Go Up

Just checked on the monopoly site where the latest message is:

The judges are hard at work pouring over the stories you voted into the top 75. Check back in mid-October to find out who wins the grand prize in MONOPOLY Money Makes It Real.

Not sure if the huge thank you to ACC Compers who voted for the members is on here as I may have written it within "the lost posts" of last week.  Thanks once again for your kindness.

Calpot

curiost

Recent Activity
0%

Taurus
Taurus

« Reply #28 : Tuesday 19 October 2010, 07:02:44 pm »
Go Up

any idea when winner(s) will be announced? I've been checking the site like a crazy but still no updates. I'm keen to read the winning entry

calpot
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Scorpio
Scorpio

« Reply #29 : Tuesday 19 October 2010, 11:00:50 pm »
Go Up

I checked all the other countries too and none of them have announced their winners.  Do we think they've told the winner already and are waiting for verification or that they haven't decided yet?

Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 Next Last  All   Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0203 seconds with 12 queries.
Monday 06 May 2024, 04:53:15 am from 3.17.5.68