Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Sunday 02 June 2024, 02:13:23 pm   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,462 comps and freebies worth over $32,508,849.23 listed

That's over thirty two million, five hundred and eight thousand, eight hundred and fourty nine dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1017999 Total Posts (447832 Searchable Posts) in 300064 Topics by 41508 Members
Latest Member: leggoslave
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Your resume professionally updated
Entry Details
  • Professional Resume     Closing Date: Wednesday 13 October 2010

Prizes you can win
 Category  
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: Your resume professionally updated  (Read 2064 times)  (Replies 7 posts)
calpot
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Scorpio
Scorpio

« : Saturday 11 September 2010, 06:27:39 pm »
Go Up

As well as being a B&B owner, a relocation consultant and a teacher I also have another not-so-secret life - I write successful resume's and give interview guidance.

This is a new branch to my business but with 12 years in Recruitment, a Masters Degree in Human Resources and lots of experience of resume writing (all those I've helped have been offered suitable positions within weeks of producing their new resume) I think it's about time I put those skills to paid practice.

What I'm less good at, is marketing so:

My competition is this:

Come up with a little to no cost marketing idea/campaign for the resume writing or, alternatively for the B&B, and the idea we judge to be the most helpful will win the prize.  We can do this via discussions over the phone and by emails and you'll receive a resume up to 4 sides in length in either pdf or adobe format.  Your answer might be an idea spelled out in a couple of sentences or a more comprehensive campaign but shouldn't be more than a 500 words.

The prize is your resume professionally updated and up to 4 sides in length.  It will be geared towards a job you're actually interested in and, yes, you can donate it to a family member.  It can not, however, be sold on.

My websites may help give you ideas:   http://www.newlifeinmelbourne.com.au/services is the relocation business within which I produce resumes and www.calsplace.com.au is the bed and breakfast website.  I have facebook pages set up but haven't done much with them mainly because I'm a bit of a dinosaur and don't know how they work.

So terms and conditions:

Entry by: personal message or by email via the websites but you must give your compingclub username.  Please no clever answers or rhymes, this is a genuine search for help in putting together a marketing campaign.

Requirements: suggest or develop a low/no cost marketing campaign for the Resume Writing Service or for Cal's Place Bed and Breakfast which may be used in marketing one of my businesses.

Open to: members of compingclub.com

Closing date:  11.59pm on Sunday 7 October 2010

Judging:  will be by me and my marketing guru, a good friend in business who's given me excellent advice in the past.  The winner will be advised by 24 October 2010.  The winner must request the prize within 12 weeks of the 16 January 2011 by which time they will supply all the relevant information requested so that the resume can be put together efficiently and quickly so that the work is completed by 30 January 2011.

The Prize:  is a professional resume up to 4 sides in length and in adobe or pdf format.  It can be donated to a family member but cannot be sold on.

Other Information:  All responses will become the property of Cal's Place and New Life in Melbourne and may be used in future marketing. 

If you require further information that others might find useful just reply to this competition on compingclub.com.au.

Good luck everyone.

Go for it, give it a tweet!             

calpot
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Scorpio
Scorpio

« Reply #1 : Tuesday 14 September 2010, 09:04:25 am »
Go Up

Anyone needing a resume update for themselves or a family member?  Would love to see your entries.

Good luck

zjen

Recent Activity
0%

Capricorn
Capricorn

« Reply #2 : Tuesday 14 September 2010, 10:20:00 am »
Go Up

What a great idea!

tigers
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #3 : Tuesday 14 September 2010, 10:24:04 pm »
Go Up

Yes, I'm planning on entering  Very Happy (I'm still at the early stages with my entry though  Smile  )

calpot
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Scorpio
Scorpio

« Reply #4 : Monday 04 October 2010, 01:18:38 am »
Go Up

Hi Tigers and any others thinking of having your resume updated.

I've had a couple of entries so far, thanks for those, but I'm really hoping for loads more ideas so please, any ideas on marketing my business just pm me.   Remember a couple of sentences to show a good idea might be all it takes.

A professionally updated resume could be yours (or passed on to a member of your family).

Hoping to receive your entries by Sunday 10th October - sorry for the mistake in the original closing date.

Cal

calpot
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Scorpio
Scorpio

« Reply #5 : Sunday 10 October 2010, 09:50:08 pm »
Go Up

Closes tonight:  11.59

This is my final reminder for anyone wishing to enter for a professional resume for you or a member of your family ... and you have three months to take the offer up. ... and I'm very good!

Unfortunately the prize cannot be sold on but it may be passed on to a family member.

Only members of ACC may enter this competition and entries should be by pm or through an email via my websites:  www.calsplace.com.au or www.newlifeinmelbourne.com.au.

The information about resumes is within the services section of www.newlifeinmelbourne.com.au but I'll be delighted to receive ideas to improve my marketing for the bed and breakfast business, the resume writing section of my relocation service, or the relocation service.

One or two sentences could be enough to win you this great prize.

Good luck and thanks for the entries so far.

Calpot

calpot
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Scorpio
Scorpio

« Reply #6 : Monday 11 October 2010, 10:54:47 pm »
Go Up

Someone's just told me they emailed me an entry to this competition but I haven't yet received it.  I'm wondering if any other answers may have gone astray.

If you've entered this competition please can you send a copy of your entry to my pm.

Thanks so much and apologies as I'll have to delay the final closing of the competition - just till Wednesday 13th October.

I will still judge and let the winner know by 24th October.

Ooh, and I just received a testimonial for my resumees - thought you might be interested:

"... takes great care to ensure every word contributes to the potential employer feeling more and more like saying "We've just got to see this person!".  Her unique style will set you apart from the pack instantly and finally make YOU the catch. My only warning would be to make sure you only apply for jobs you REALLY want, because you're likely to get the interview." 

Methinks he exaggerates slightly!

Thanks everyone and good luck to those who've entered.

Calpot

calpot
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Scorpio
Scorpio

« Reply #7 : Monday 25 October 2010, 02:13:32 am »
Go Up

Thanks for the fantastic entries to my resume competition.

It's taken a while to sort through the entries as there were lots of ideas - some of which I already do, some I intended to do already, some which are too expensive or have rules that I don't meet (eg. advertising with some companies requires more accommodation than I have) and some I'm simply too scared to do.

I've tried to award the prize on the most useful ideas regardless of whether they were already under consideration.

I'll be writing to all the entrants personally but I'd like to thank you for some great ideas and to announce the winner as cherylh for a huge number of ideas including getting free business cards from vistaprint, writing articles for publication, and registering with tripadvisor (even though I don't qualify as I've only one accommodation unit but the idea's there for when I expand!!!).

Thanks everyone.

Cal

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0188 seconds with 11 queries.
Sunday 02 June 2024, 02:13:23 pm from 52.14.98.249