http://chunkychooky.blogspot.com/2011/01/its-giveaway.htmlPenguin Books have given me this book to review and I have two to giveaway to regular readers of this blog! This book SEW Step by Step by Alison Smith is a great book for anyone just starting out.
It explains everything you ever wanted to know about sewing: How to measure someone properly, all the different types of seams and finishes, different stitches, how to layout a pattern, how to sew pockets, collars, sleeves, it is all covered in here. It is like a reference book of sewing. The instructions are really easy to follow and there are great pictures that explain everything. I will be referring back to it again and again.
You can have a look inside the book here.
http://www.penguin.com.au/products/9781405362122/sew-step-stepFor a chance to win one of these fabulous books:
Just leave a comment with your answer to the question:
Why do I need this book? by the 4th Feb 2011 at 7pm and I will choose two winners.
Make sure you leave an email address so I can get in touch with you. Good luck!Remember your blog etiquette please.
Addition: By blog etiquette I mean, if you are new to this blog it would be nice if you introduced yourself and had a little look around, that's all I am saying......
Posted by Cath @ chunkychooky at 29.1.11
Labels: book giveaway, penguin