Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Wednesday 15 May 2024, 08:45:17 pm   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,560 comps and freebies worth over $34,209,636.88 listed

That's over thirty four million, two hundred and nine thousand, six hundred and thirty six dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1017224 Total Posts (447057 Searchable Posts) in 299322 Topics by 41503 Members
Latest Member: Emmay3333
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Win a $450 Kallis Pearl Necklace -Ans Q - Competition is going world wide
Entry Details
  • Win Kallis pearl necklace     Closing Date: Friday 20 May 2011

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Health & Beauty 
Prizes may include Makeup, Jewelry, Perfume, Haircare etc ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: Win a $450 Kallis Pearl Necklace -Ans Q - Competition is going world wide  (Read 703 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
oldfellow
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
100%

Top Poster

Aquarius
Aquarius

« : Thursday 12 May 2011, 04:30:06 am »
Go Up

http://www.karencheng.com.au/2011/05/10/kailis-pearls-and-your-chance-to-win-a-450-kailis-pearl-necklace/

Kailis Pearls and Your Chance to Win a $450 Kailis Pearl Necklace

Kailis Pearls contacted me a few months ago, offering me a gift and inviting me to review their new Oprah Pendant. So while I was happy to receive the gift, I wanted more of a story to tell, because, well, I quite like having new experiences and writing about them.

So I asked if I could pop into the Kailis Pearls store, have them teach me a thing or two about pearls, I’ll try on some pearls and… maybe they could LET ME GIVE AWAY A FREE PEARL NECKLACE to one of my readers?!? They said yes! OMG Kailis Pearls!

So I’m running an exclusive international competition on my blog. For you! My readers! I’m so excited!

Ok. Fact one. I have never worn a real, solid pearl necklace before. And I really didn’t know much about them.

I have never been into pearls. I know they are iconic to any classic ladylike wardrobe, but I was content with owning a few low-cost pearl items – pearl earring studs, long string of pearls necklace, pearl bracelet.

So what is it like to wear real pearls?

Aside from the fact that I was in a huge shop, with big mirrors and windows, in a room full of beautiful natural light, surrounded by glittery diamonds, shelves dripping with white gold and gold – yes I had a girly moment.

The pearls themselves – they felt cold when I first wore them, but they warmed up on my skin, and they became as warm as I was. And it was weirdly (deep breath) sensual, and natural. They felt like they were alive, a part of me, glowing with warmth, like little soft, hard, warm muscles touching and rubbing my skin.

In one word – AMAZING.

And when you take them off, it’s like you’ve lost a part of your body, and you can still feel your warmth radiating from the pearls in your hand.

I did learn some amazing facts from the staff at Kailis, which helped enhance my pearl-wearing experience.

Apparently, Australian Pearls are the largest and most superior pearls in the world. There’s something in the Aussie water that oysters just can’t get enough of.

To make a pearl, a tiny piece of pearl shell is inserted into an oyster. It takes 2 years for the oyster to coat the shell, and for it to turn into a pearl – just like the one I was wearing on my neck.

They DON’T DO ANY grinding or shaping or refining of their pearls. They open up the oysters, give them a good wash, sort through all the pearls they find, pick out the best ones, drill a hole through the middle, string a few together and VOILA – a pearl necklace!

Ok, ok it’s not that simple… but I didn’t realise that natural pearls were so – natural – and so organic.

Also it means that each one is truly unique and that made me very excited. There were some pearls that were shaped like teardrops, pears, little beans, some had rings or creases around the middle, or multiple creases and bumps… and I marvelled at the natural beauty from imperfections.

Fact Two. I was stupid enough to assume that pearls grew in the same kind of little oysters that you ate at seafood restaurants. Ah, no, actually, they don’t. These pearls come from special PEARL oysters.

In this photo I’m showing you the size of a typical pearl oyster shell from the Kailis pearl farms. They are huge! Like a dinner plate!

I also thought it was cool that something so beautiful, perfectly smooth and sensual could emerge from something so rough, coarse and weathered.

These are some Kailis pearl jewellery designs that I just drooled over! Above is a AUD $65,000 couture pearl necklace. Yes, that’s right, Enter to win a Kailis Oprah Pendant worth $450!

Kailis teamed up with the producers of the Oprah Winfrey show to spread the word about Kailis and Australian Pearls. They created this pendant featuring a 10-12mm Australian South Sea pearl, 0.02ct ‘secret’ black diamond, 90cm sterling silver chain, and a limited edition ‘O’ medallion.

6000 necklaces were given to all members of the audience at Oprah’s first taping of her Tour of Australia show. Now US celebrities have been seen wearing them to the Oscars etc.

Read more information on the Kailis O Pendant Page.

Kailis gifted me with two of these necklaces, one for me and one for a lucky reader. So it might be you!

Who Can Enter :

This competition is open WORLDWIDE. I know my readers come from all over the world, so I wanted to give everyone a chance to win. You must be over 18 and you must fill out the form below. You can only enter once.

How To Enter :

Simply fill out all the boxes in this form and submit!

Kailis Pearls and Your Chance to Win a $450 Kailis Pearl Necklace
10 May 2011
Category : Fashion & Shopping
Kailis Pearls contacted me a few months ago, offering me a gift and inviting me to review their new Oprah Pendant. So while I was happy to receive the gift, I wanted more of a story to tell, because, well, I quite like having new experiences and writing about them.

So I asked if I could pop into the Kailis Pearls store, have them teach me a thing or two about pearls, I’ll try on some pearls and… maybe they could LET ME GIVE AWAY A FREE PEARL NECKLACE to one of my readers?!? They said yes! OMG Kailis Pearls!

So I’m running an exclusive international competition on my blog. For you! My readers! I’m so excited!

Ok. Fact one. I have never worn a real, solid pearl necklace before. And I really didn’t know much about them.

I have never been into pearls. I know they are iconic to any classic ladylike wardrobe, but I was content with owning a few low-cost pearl items – pearl earring studs, long string of pearls necklace, pearl bracelet.

So what is it like to wear real pearls?

Aside from the fact that I was in a huge shop, with big mirrors and windows, in a room full of beautiful natural light, surrounded by glittery diamonds, shelves dripping with white gold and gold – yes I had a girly moment.

The pearls themselves – they felt cold when I first wore them, but they warmed up on my skin, and they became as warm as I was. And it was weirdly (deep breath) sensual, and natural. They felt like they were alive, a part of me, glowing with warmth, like little soft, hard, warm muscles touching and rubbing my skin.

In one word – AMAZING.

And when you take them off, it’s like you’ve lost a part of your body, and you can still feel your warmth radiating from the pearls in your hand.

I did learn some amazing facts from the staff at Kailis, which helped enhance my pearl-wearing experience.

Apparently, Australian Pearls are the largest and most superior pearls in the world. There’s something in the Aussie water that oysters just can’t get enough of.

To make a pearl, a tiny piece of pearl shell is inserted into an oyster. It takes 2 years for the oyster to coat the shell, and for it to turn into a pearl – just like the one I was wearing on my neck.

They DON’T DO ANY grinding or shaping or refining of their pearls. They open up the oysters, give them a good wash, sort through all the pearls they find, pick out the best ones, drill a hole through the middle, string a few together and VOILA – a pearl necklace!

Ok, ok it’s not that simple… but I didn’t realise that natural pearls were so – natural – and so organic.

Also it means that each one is truly unique and that made me very excited. There were some pearls that were shaped like teardrops, pears, little beans, some had rings or creases around the middle, or multiple creases and bumps… and I marvelled at the natural beauty from imperfections.

Fact Two. I was stupid enough to assume that pearls grew in the same kind of little oysters that you ate at seafood restaurants. Ah, no, actually, they don’t. These pearls come from special PEARL oysters.

In this photo I’m showing you the size of a typical pearl oyster shell from the Kailis pearl farms. They are huge! Like a dinner plate!

I also thought it was cool that something so beautiful, perfectly smooth and sensual could emerge from something so rough, coarse and weathered.

These are some Kailis pearl jewellery designs that I just drooled over! Above is a AUD $65,000 couture pearl necklace. Yes, that’s right, there are THREE zeros in that price tag.

A pair of Vibrance Earrings for AUD $19,000. And Marquise Earrings for AUD $11,900.

Haha, I’ll never be able to afford any of them! But there are simple, classic pearl pendants for $1,200… or earrings for $800 on the Kailis Website, and you can buy online, with international delivery.

Enter to win a Kailis Oprah Pendant worth $450!

Kailis teamed up with the producers of the Oprah Winfrey show to spread the word about Kailis and Australian Pearls. They created this pendant featuring a 10-12mm Australian South Sea pearl, 0.02ct ‘secret’ black diamond, 90cm sterling silver chain, and a limited edition ‘O’ medallion.

6000 necklaces were given to all members of the audience at Oprah’s first taping of her Tour of Australia show. Now US celebrities have been seen wearing them to the Oscars etc.

Read more information on the Kailis O Pendant Page.

Kailis gifted me with two of these necklaces, one for me and one for a lucky reader. So it might be you!

Who Can Enter :

This competition is open WORLDWIDE. I know my readers come from all over the world, so I wanted to give everyone a chance to win. You must be over 18 and you must fill out the form below. You can only enter once.

How To Enter :

Simply fill out all the boxes in this form and submit!

(Hint:The answer is staring you in the face when you go to this Kailis O Pendant Page)

When does the competition end?

Competition closes in 10 days, (AEST) 11:59pm 20 May 2011.

I’ll publish a reminder post next week, and I’ll announce the winner on my blog.

Please read the Terms and Conditions. Big thanks to Blackglass for handling the technical side of the competition.

The winner will be randomly selected. GOOD LUCK!!

Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0125 seconds with 8 queries.
Wednesday 15 May 2024, 08:45:17 pm from 18.191.132.36