Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Monday 13 May 2024, 12:36:58 am   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,466 comps and freebies worth over $34,712,422.06 listed

That's over thirty four million, seven hundred and twelve thousand, four hundred and twenty two dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1017030 Total Posts (446863 Searchable Posts) in 299136 Topics by 41503 Members
Latest Member: Emmay3333
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Win $5000 To Make Your Dream Trip A Reality From Lonely Planet.
Entry Details
  • $5000 From Lonely Planet.     Closing Date: Thursday 11 August 2011

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Cash & Vouchers 
Prizes may include Cash, Vouchers, Subscriptions, Gift Cards etc ...
 Win great prizes at the Compingclub

COMP
MARK

$5,000.00  
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: Win $5000 To Make Your Dream Trip A Reality From Lonely Planet.  (Read 1505 times)  (Replies 4 posts)
JRN

Recent Activity
0%

Cancer
Cancer

« : Wednesday 03 August 2011, 05:11:03 pm »
Go Up

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/campaigns/allposters/

In 25 words or less, tell us who (real or fictional) you would take on your adventure and why.*

JR Comment: I'm guessing this is a global competion.  The promoter is in VIC, the draw takes place in California.  The prize is in US$.  I see no reason that prevent AU entrants, nor prevents receipt of US$5000 (you might need to set up some way of receiving it in AU$

Terms & Conditions

Thanks for entering Lonely Planet's Make Your Dream Trip a Reality promotion. Here's some important stuff you should know.
Who's running the show?

The promoter is Lonely Planet Publications Pty Limited (ABN 36 005 607 983) of 90 Maribyrnong Street, Footscray, Victoria 3011 Australia and Lonely Planet is solely responsible for the conduct of this promotion. Information about the prize and how to enter forms part of these conditions of entry. By entering the promotion, these conditions of entry apply to your entry. Any changes to these conditions of entry will be published on the Lonely Planet website at www.lonelyplanet.com, so you should check these conditions of entry regularly.
Can I play?

The laws in some places don't allow Lonely Planet to run this promotion, in which case the promotion and these conditions of entry are void in those places. Also, you can't enter this promotion if you (or your immediate families or housemates) are employed by Lonely Planet, Art.com, or their subsidiaries and affiliated companies. If you are under 18, you have to get permission from your parents or legal guardian to enter, and we will need to verify this if you are selected winner.
How do I play?

To enter, go to http://www.lonelyplanet.com/campaigns/allposters, complete the online entry form and subscribe to receive Lonely Planet's and AllPosters' email newsletters. You must subscribe to both in order to submit a valid entry. Then tell us in 25 words or less ‘who you would take on your next adventure (real or fictional) and why'. You don't have to buy anything to enter. You can enter between 12PM PDT on June 27, 2011 and 12PM PDT on August 11, 2011. You can only enter once we'll make confetti out of any extra entries you submit. Your entry is received at the time Lonely Planet receives it. If your dog eats your entry, it's not Lonely Planet's fault. If your entry gets lost in cyberspace or doesn't arrive for any other reason, that's not Lonely Planet's fault either. Lonely Planet might have to extend the dates of the promotion, but only if it's totally unavoidable, and we'll let you know if we do.
How do you pick the winner?

Rather than consulting tea leaves, the winner will be selected by a panel of 3 judges, including an independent judge. Two judges will review all eligible entries, and will select a shortlist of 50 entries from which the third (independent) judge will then select the best overall entry. This unenviable task will happen in a small, dark room at 150 Linden Street, Oakland CA, on August 15, 2011 (or at an undisclosed location otherwise determined as required by Lonely Planet. The judges' decision is final (so there!) and no correspondence will be entered into, even if you think that sucks. Lady luck has nothing to do with this promotion.

Lonely Planet can cancel or modify the promotion if there are compelling technical or administrative reasons which we cannot control. If that happens, Lonely Planet will pick a winner from all eligible entries received at that time.
What can I win?

The prize consists of: US$5,000.00 (paid by check) provided by Lonely Planet.
If you do win …

You can't ask us to give the prize to someone else (not that you'd want to!). We will use reasonable efforts to award the prize as described, but, if due to unforeseen circumstances we are unable to do that, we'll substitute it for another prize of comparable value (in our discretion).

You are responsible for your use of the prize, including complying with any applicable terms and conditions of use (including the terms set out in the Winner Deed document).

Of course, if you win a prize, you'll be good and comply with all relevant laws, rules and regulations.
How do I find out if I won?

We'll give the winner the good news by email and their name will be published on the Lonely Planet website within 2 days after selection. If you're riddled with curiosity, send us a stamped, self addressed envelope (including the name of the promotion) to us within 3 months of the date of selection of the winner, and we'll write back and tell you who won.

Lonely Planet will do its best to find the winner. But if we can't, or if the winner hasn't accepted the prize by November 11, 2011, the next best entry will be declared the winner.
What happens to my entry?

You agree that all of your entry is your own work. On submission, your entry becomes the property of Lonely Planet, and you give Lonely Planet a worldwide, irrevocable licence to reproduce, publish, adapt, communicate and broadcast all or part of it in any form and media, and to sublicense those rights (including to our related companies, licensee publishers and partners). You also consent to us editing, re-using, storing, reproducing and communicating your entry in any medium. Generally, we will attribute you as the author where possible, but in some circumstances, we may decide not to.

Lonely Planet and its promotional partners will only use the personal information contained in your entry to conduct the promotion, award the prize and send out our emails to you. If you win a prize, Lonely Planet can use your name and photograph for future marketing purposes unless you tell us not to. We will keep your personal information in accordance with Lonely Planet's privacy policy at http://www.lonelyplanet.com/legal/privacy-policy and Art.com will keep your personal information in accordance with their privacy policy at http://www.art.com/asp/customerservice/privacy_policy-asp/_/posters.htm.

Good luck!
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Kelly1

Recent Activity
0%

Aries
Aries

« Reply #1 : Monday 08 August 2011, 03:14:19 pm »
Go Up

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/campaigns/allposters/terms.php

This is a 25wol competition-
In 25 words or less, tell us who (real or fictional) you would take on your adventure and why.*

Make Your Dream Trip A Reality With Lonely Planet.

Enter here to win US$5,000 and make your dream trip a reality.

Read the competition Terms and Conditions and our Privacy Policy. Read AllPosters' Privacy Policy.
* Denotes mandatory field

First name*

Last name*

Email address*

Country*
 Please select a country... Australia United Kingdom United States Afghanistan Aland Islands Albania Algeria American Samoa Andorra Angola Anguilla Antarctica Antigua And Barbuda Argentina Armenia Aruba Austria Azerbaijan Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Barbados Belarus Belgium Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bolivia Bonaire Bosnia and Herzegovina Botswana Bouvet Island Brazil British Indian Ocean Territory British Virgin Islands Brunei Darussalam Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cape Verde Cayman Islands Central African Republic Chad Channel Islands, The Chile China Christmas Island Cocos (Keeling) Islands Colombia Comoros Congo Congo, The Democratic Republic of the Cook Islands Costa Rica Cote D'Ivoire Croatia Cuba Curaçao Cyprus Czech Republic Denmark Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic East Timor Ecuador Egypt El Salvador England Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Estonia Ethiopia Falkland Islands (Malvinas) Faroe Islands Fiji Finland France French Guiana French Polynesia French Southern Territories Gabon Gambia Georgia Germany Ghana Gibraltar Greece Greenland Grenada Guadeloupe Guam Guatemala Guernsey Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana Haiti Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands Holy See (Vatican City State) Honduras Hong Kong Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Iran, Islamic Republic of Iraq Ireland Isle of Man Israel Italy Jamaica Japan Jersey Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Korea, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Republic of Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Lao People's Democratic Republic Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Libyan Arab Jamahiriya Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macao Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Malta Marshall Islands Martinique Mauritania Mauritius Mayotte Mexico Micronesia, Federated States of Moldova, Republic of Monaco Mongolia Montenegro Montserrat Morocco Mozambique Myanmar Namibia Nauru Nepal Netherlands Antilles Netherlands New Caledonia New Guinea New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Niue Norfolk Island North Korea Northern Ireland Northern Mariana Islands Norway Oman Pakistan Palau Palestinian Territory, Occupied Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Pitcairn Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Qatar Reunion Romania Russian Federation Rwanda Saba Saint Eustatius Saint Barthelemy Saint Helena Saint Kitts and Nevis Saint Lucia Saint Martin (France) Saint Pierre and Miquelon Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Samoa San Marino Sao Tome and Principe Saudi Arabia Scotland Senegal Serbia Seychelles Sierra Leone Singapore Slovakia Slovenia Solomon Islands Somalia South Africa South Korea South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands Spain Sri Lanka Sudan Suriname Svalbard and Jan Mayen Swaziland Sweden Switzerland Syrian Arab Republic Taiwan Tajikistan Tanzania, United Republic of Thailand Timor-Leste Togo Tokelau Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Turks and Caicos Islands Tuvalu Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United States Minor Outlying Islands Uruguay Uzbekistan Vanuatu Venezuela Viet Nam Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, U.S. Wallis and Futuna Western Sahara Yemen Zaire Zambia Zimbabwe 

Sign up here to receive emails from Lonely Planet for all your travel inspiration, tips and exclusive offers*. 

I have read and agree to the competition terms and conditions*

Sign up here to receive emails from Lonely Planet for all your travel inspiration, tips and exclusive offers*. 

I have read and agree to the competition terms and conditions*
 Terms & Conditions
Thanks for entering Lonely Planet's Make Your Dream Trip a Reality promotion. Here's some important stuff you should know.

Who's running the show?
The promoter is Lonely Planet Publications Pty Limited (ABN 36 005 607 983) of 90 Maribyrnong Street, Footscray, Victoria 3011 Australia and Lonely Planet is solely responsible for the conduct of this promotion. Information about the prize and how to enter forms part of these conditions of entry. By entering the promotion, these conditions of entry apply to your entry. Any changes to these conditions of entry will be published on the Lonely Planet website at www.lonelyplanet.com, so you should check these conditions of entry regularly.

Can I play?
The laws in some places don't allow Lonely Planet to run this promotion, in which case the promotion and these conditions of entry are void in those places. Also, you can't enter this promotion if you (or your immediate families or housemates) are employed by Lonely Planet, Art.com, or their subsidiaries and affiliated companies. If you are under 18, you have to get permission from your parents or legal guardian to enter, and we will need to verify this if you are selected winner.

How do I play?
To enter, go to http://www.lonelyplanet.com/campaigns/allposters, complete the online entry form and subscribe to receive Lonely Planet's and AllPosters' email newsletters. You must subscribe to both in order to submit a valid entry. Then tell us in 25 words or less ‘who you would take on your next adventure (real or fictional) and why'. You don't have to buy anything to enter. You can enter between 12PM PDT on June 27, 2011 and 12PM PDT on August 11, 2011. You can only enter once we'll make confetti out of any extra entries you submit. Your entry is received at the time Lonely Planet receives it. If your dog eats your entry, it's not Lonely Planet's fault. If your entry gets lost in cyberspace or doesn't arrive for any other reason, that's not Lonely Planet's fault either. Lonely Planet might have to extend the dates of the promotion, but only if it's totally unavoidable, and we'll let you know if we do.

How do you pick the winner?
Rather than consulting tea leaves, the winner will be selected by a panel of 3 judges, including an independent judge. Two judges will review all eligible entries, and will select a shortlist of 50 entries from which the third (independent) judge will then select the best overall entry. This unenviable task will happen in a small, dark room at 150 Linden Street, Oakland CA, on August 15, 2011 (or at an undisclosed location otherwise determined as required by Lonely Planet. The judges' decision is final (so there!) and no correspondence will be entered into, even if you think that sucks. Lady luck has nothing to do with this promotion.

Lonely Planet can cancel or modify the promotion if there are compelling technical or administrative reasons which we cannot control. If that happens, Lonely Planet will pick a winner from all eligible entries received at that time.

What can I win?
The prize consists of: US$5,000.00 (paid by check) provided by Lonely Planet.

If you do win …
You can't ask us to give the prize to someone else (not that you'd want to!). We will use reasonable efforts to award the prize as described, but, if due to unforeseen circumstances we are unable to do that, we'll substitute it for another prize of comparable value (in our discretion).

You are responsible for your use of the prize, including complying with any applicable terms and conditions of use (including the terms set out in the Winner Deed document).

Of course, if you win a prize, you'll be good and comply with all relevant laws, rules and regulations.

How do I find out if I won?
We'll give the winner the good news by email and their name will be published on the Lonely Planet website within 2 days after selection. If you're riddled with curiosity, send us a stamped, self addressed envelope (including the name of the promotion) to us within 3 months of the date of selection of the winner, and we'll write back and tell you who won.

Lonely Planet will do its best to find the winner. But if we can't, or if the winner hasn't accepted the prize by November 11, 2011, the next best entry will be declared the winner.

What happens to my entry?
You agree that all of your entry is your own work. On submission, your entry becomes the property of Lonely Planet, and you give Lonely Planet a worldwide, irrevocable licence to reproduce, publish, adapt, communicate and broadcast all or part of it in any form and media, and to sublicense those rights (including to our related companies, licensee publishers and partners). You also consent to us editing, re-using, storing, reproducing and communicating your entry in any medium. Generally, we will attribute you as the author where possible, but in some circumstances, we may decide not to.

Lonely Planet and its promotional partners will only use the personal information contained in your entry to conduct the promotion, award the prize and send out our emails to you. If you win a prize, Lonely Planet can use your name and photograph for future marketing purposes unless you tell us not to. We will keep your personal information in accordance with Lonely Planet's privacy policy at http://www.lonelyplanet.com/legal/privacy-policy and Art.com will keep your personal information in accordance with their privacy policy at http://www.art.com/asp/customerservice/privacy_policy-asp/_/posters.htm.

Good luck!

My children are the pot of gold at the end of my rainbow.
Winnings since joining=$33,875.85
JRN

Recent Activity
0%

Cancer
Cancer

« Reply #2 : Monday 08 August 2011, 04:20:10 pm »
Go Up

Hi Kelly, good one, but just to let you know it is already here:

http://compingclub.com/index.php?topic=194799.0

Kelly1

Recent Activity
0%

Aries
Aries

« Reply #3 : Tuesday 09 August 2011, 12:49:00 pm »
Go Up

Whoops, sorry.  I did do a search for it, and it didn't come up under the description I put in. Confused

My children are the pot of gold at the end of my rainbow.
Winnings since joining=$33,875.85
JRN

Recent Activity
0%

Cancer
Cancer

« Reply #4 : Tuesday 09 August 2011, 01:11:02 pm »
Go Up

Whoops, sorry.  I did do a search for it, and it didn't come up under the description I put in. Confused

No apologies required - I much prefer comps to be posted twice than not at all!!

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0203 seconds with 10 queries.
Monday 13 May 2024, 12:36:58 am from 18.116.67.212