Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Sunday 19 May 2024, 08:09:44 am   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,543 comps and freebies worth over $41,143,302.58 listed

That's over fourty one million, one hundred and fourty three thousand, three hundred and two dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1017357 Total Posts (447190 Searchable Posts) in 299454 Topics by 41505 Members
Latest Member: Snazzledazzle
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Win a BoB2, BoB Lite, Wireless Bridge From iiNet
Entry Details
  • Win a BoB2, BoB Lite, Wireless     Closing Date: Friday 19 August 2011

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Electronics & Technology 
Prizes may include Computers, Game Consoles, Phone, TV, Stereo etc ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: Win a BoB2, BoB Lite, Wireless Bridge From iiNet  (Read 2519 times)  (Replies 8 posts)
jackcola
Trainee

Recent Activity
0%

« : Tuesday 16 August 2011, 02:22:27 pm »
Go Up

I've got 2xBoB2's, 1x BoB Lite and 2x Wireless Bridges to giveaway in a virtual Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock tournament.

For more details on how to win, please visit http://www.jackcola.org/blog/178-win-one-of-bob2-bob-lite-wireless-bridge-thanks-to-iinet

To enter, just press the Enter Now button on that page.

You must live in Australia (so I can send you your prize), and be over 18

Good luck, and please tell your friends, family, Facebook friends and Twitter followers Razz
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

tigers
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #1 : Wednesday 17 August 2011, 07:41:30 am »
Go Up

To win these awesome prizes, you'll be playing against other entrants in a Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock tournament. How cool is that!

How To Play
Between now and Friday 19th of August, entries will be open. Entries will close sometime after Friday to be able to fill up the last section of a draw if it’s not full – as I don’t know how many people will participant.

To play, you will need fill out a form and enter your throws for each round. After all entries are in, I will publish a draw hopefully within the next day. To be fair on who you are playing against, you will be assigned a random number that has been generated and you will be sorted in ascending order and then entered into the draw. I will then match up everyone's throws and determine a winner and will post one round of results every day. The winner will progress through to the next round, while the loser will be eliminated – but will still have a chance to win the third prize in the pool.

Who Wins?
If you’re familiar with the game Rock Paper Scissors, you might not be aware of Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock. So below is an image of who beats what.

To win a round, it is a best of 5. That means the first person to win 3 times wins the round and progresses to the next stage.

The Winners
Since there are three prizes in this competition, the winner of the tournament will get first pick from the prize pool – in case they already have one of prize from iiNet.

The winners who make it into the semi final will have a play off and are required to perform a secrete task and possibly answer a few secrete questions.

The winner from the playoffs will have second pick of the prize. The third prize (whatever is left) will be given to a random participant of those who selected the last remaining item on the entry form. This prize will be drawn at random. For example, if the tournament winner and the winner from the playoffs choose the BoB Lite and Wireless Bridge, those who select BoB2 on their entry will only be able to win – so pick what you want carefully.

To be eligible
To be eligible, we need to be able to post or physically deliver you your prize. So you must live in Australia, and be over 18 years of age. In addition, we cannot send the prize to a P.O Box.

HOW TO ENTER
To enter, please follow the below steps:

Step 1:
Like JackCola.org on Facebook, join the Facebook event and tell your friends, send a tweet and share to your follower’s about this tournament, post it on competition sites, forums, or write a post on your blog informing your readers and followers about the giveaway. You can do one, or all, or none of the following, but it would be appreciated if you let your friends know because we have to fill up the draw.

Step 2:
Click the big Enter Now button, and fill in the entry form.

Step 3:
Make sure you keep coming back to JackCola.org to check important announcements and draws to see if you have progressed to the next round. If you and your opponent draw, you must, within 24 hours of the draw being published, reselect your hand and play again. If you fail to re-submit your hand, you will automatically be eliminated from the tournament.

Keep updated
Make sure you are kept up to date with the progression of the tournament, include the publication of results. All updates will be provided here.

Terms, Conditions and Other Important Things
This is meant to be a fun competition, so no fights and arguments with other players or the referee – who will be me, and as Referee, I can disqualify you

I’ve tried to make this as fair as possible, and this giveaway is just for fun

You must live in Australia and be over 18 years of age – if you are not, please don’t participate – get your parents too

If there are disputes, I will have the final say

You can only win once throughout both giveaways

Winners will be notified by email, and will be requested to provide their shipping address to be able to be sent the prize

If a winner is does not contact me back within a week of being notified by email for winning, or is deemed ineligible to win, either the runner-up will get the prize, or it will given away to a random participant

Since I don’t know how many people will enter – I cannot judge how many rounds there will  be. I will try to include enough so you only have to enter once, but some people may need to submit another round of plays. You will  be automatically eliminated for the tournament if you do not submit another round of play if required

In case of a draw (which hopefully won’t happen), you have 24 hours to resubmit your hands. Failure to do so will mean elimination.

Entry is depended on entering your results only – I won’t enforce people to share
You contact information will only be used to notify you and inform you about this competition and key updates such as have the draw, unless you decide to join our mailing list

Those employed by iiNet may not enter

The email address you have supplied in the entry form will be only used to provide you with information and updates regarding this competition, unless you have stated you wish to sign up to the JackCola.org mailing list.

exerewards101

Recent Activity
0%

Taurus
Taurus

« Reply #2 : Thursday 18 August 2011, 07:03:26 pm »
Go Up

Awesome comp thanks for posting JackCola!

jackcola
Trainee

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #3 : Saturday 20 August 2011, 04:08:49 pm »
Go Up

Although the competition is now closed, there are still a few spots remaining to fill up the draw, so for those who still want to play, get in quick.

Also, no worries exerewards101.

gssusu
Junior Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Capricorn
Capricorn

« Reply #4 : Monday 22 August 2011, 11:58:18 pm »
Go Up

Tournament Update: Want to know who you are up against? The initial draw is now published. Round 1 results will be published Tuesday

http://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/62626670?access_key=key-22tytl7ei9fil2q4e0o4

My winnings !!
2011 - $2220
2012 - $6350
2013 - $4487
2014 - $18004
Traveller
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #5 : Saturday 03 September 2011, 11:35:28 pm »
Go Up

Jack asked for some feedback on this competition and since other members took part I thought I would post here and also because Jack is a member also.

I had problems with my browser and it didn't fill in 2 rounds which Jack contacted me to update my entry so it was valid. I think that was nice as most promoters would not bother. I think however the competition was very time consuming for Jack who did it all manually (I am pretty sure, please correct me if I am wrong?). Overall I think it was a clever idea just time consuming on Jack's part. I was a little confused how the winners were knocked out as it was alot of information to take in so I was like meh I will just check at the end of the rounds if I won and proceeded to the next round. Once you are knocked out you do kind of lose interest though. I did see who won though Smile

It's always nice to have a competitive win and a random winner.

Thanks Jack for the competition. Hopefully this is the kind of feedback you were requesting.

Indiorose

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #6 : Sunday 04 September 2011, 06:27:03 am »
Go Up

Saturday 3rd September - 10:15pm - The Winners Announced!
Congratulations to the three winners:
Tournament Winner: Sinbad Ja (5) - Wireless Bridge
Second Prize: Trent Ba (82) - BoB2
Third Prize: Leigh Ne (79) - BoB Lite

I entered and though I didn't get far I enjoyed it. Fun entering from people from afar. I checked it out at the end of each round on Facebook. Thanks.

exerewards101

Recent Activity
0%

Taurus
Taurus

« Reply #7 : Sunday 04 September 2011, 03:47:27 pm »
Go Up

Jack asked for some feedback on this competition and since other members took part I thought I would post here and also because Jack is a member also.

I enjoyed this competition because it was something different from the usual 25WOL or random.org draw. I didn't have any problems entering but got knocked out in second round, so like traveller I lost a bit of interest, however the ability to still win the third prize even did help to keep it still interesting.

jackcola
Trainee

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #8 : Thursday 01 December 2011, 02:59:13 pm »
Go Up

I guys, thanks for playing and for the feedback - much appreciated.

Yes, it was very time consuming on my part, both the setting everything up, making sure it all works and goes smoothly - which I did.

The whole aim of the rock paper scissors lizard spock was for it to be different. So far, I haven't come across a similar competition using this format before. I'm glade you all liked it.

For those who are wondering how I did it, your results get insert into an Excel file. I then wrote some code to compare your results with someone elses which outputed either win or lose, and I then had to see who won out of the two players.
Although it was a pain for the first round, it got easier and easier as people got eliminated. But nevertheless, it was great fun.

For those you played, you should know that I have another BoB2 and Wireless Bridge to be given away, so see http://www.jackcola.org/blog/186-win-an-iinet-bob2-and-wireless-bridge-competition

And thanks again for playing, and I really appreciated the feedback.

Enjoy,
Jack

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0188 seconds with 12 queries.
Sunday 19 May 2024, 08:09:44 am from 18.191.158.202