Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Monday 17 June 2024, 11:52:31 pm   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,553 comps and freebies worth over $64,211,116.13 listed

That's over sixty four million, two hundred and eleven thousand, one hundred and sixteen dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1018738 Total Posts (448570 Searchable Posts) in 300774 Topics by 41512 Members
Latest Member: kaytee1912
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Win 1/5 Mulan, Oranges and Sunshine or My Afternoons with Margueritte DVDs - 50+
Entry Details
  • Mulan, Oranges and Sunshine or     Closing Date: Monday 31 October 2011

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Entertainment 
Prizes may include Movie & Concert Tickets, Prize Packs, Passes, Cds, DVDs ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: Win 1/5 Mulan, Oranges and Sunshine or My Afternoons with Margueritte DVDs - 50+  (Read 480 times)  (Replies 1 posts)
helga22

Recent Activity
0%

Virgo
Virgo

« : Saturday 01 October 2011, 05:12:15 pm »
Go Up

http://greypath.com/node/20071

Win 1/5 Mulan, Oranges and Sunshine or My Afternoons with Margueritte DVDs

Icon Film Distribution DVDs

Icon Films.(DVD 's)

Five winners of each  DVD

Review by Betty Lewis

My Afternoons with Margueritte

We had tickets for this lovely film some time back, and now we have the newly released DVD.

This was a wonderful film,starring Gerard Depardieu who had critics saying it was one of his finest performances.

‘ My Afternoons with Margueritte’ is  the story of a 50 yr old  barely literate man, Germaine, who meets  up with a little old lady in a small public garden.  Margueritte is passionate about reading, so while Germaine feeds the pigeons, she reads to him, explaining what the written words and passages  mean , and they form a bond.

Germaine starts to discover the magic of books, a world that he imagined that he was excluded from.

This is a very touching story, so make sure you have the tissues handy.

Runs for approx 82 mins.

Oranges and Sunshine.

From the Academy award winning producers of the Kings Speech comes this remarkable account of real life events .

In 1986 a  British social worker Margaret Humphreys was accosted by an Australian woman who tries to tell her how at only four yrs of age she was unwillingly put on a boat and sent to Australia .

This woman wants Margaret to help her find her family, but to Margaret’s surprise a week later she  hears of another man , and then another, with  similar  stories.

As Margaret starts to investigate the government archives, she  begins to  unravel the terrible truth about the thousands of children who were shipped out from the UK  to Australia without their  parents consent or knowledge.

This is an extraordinary true story about  one woman who took on two Governments in her quest to reunite thousands of  child migrants with their families back in the UK.

I felt there was  too much emphasis on the sexual abuse  that some of the children   were subjected to, and this tended to detract from the real  reality of the  new life these children had to adjust to.

It has some coarse language and mature themes. Runs for approx 104 mins.

Starring David Wenham,Hugo Weaving and Emily Watson.

Mulan

From the makers of Three Kingdoms & Hero comes this heroic story of a Chinese girl-warrior

Mulan ( played by Wei Zhao)who makes  a noble sacrifice to save her aging father from war.

She disguises herself as a male soldier and enlists in the army.

Spurred by loyalty and honour, she leads her fellow soldiers with remarkable courage and tactical
brilliance in the battlefield- making  her a legendary hero.

This story Mulan was made famous originally, by a cartoon film, and that’s the DVD  review copy I thought I was getting, so it was a lovely surprise to find it was not  the cartoon film,but a new release featuring several well known Chinese actors.

As usual there are several spectacular battle scenes, as always in these Chinese films, fairly violent and very noisy.

The language spoken is Mandarin but with  English sub-titles.

This  film runs for approx 114 mins.
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Ladybird
Junior Addict

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #1 : Monday 03 October 2011, 10:19:55 pm »
Go Up

This comp closed at the end of Sept.
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.4047 seconds with 8 queries.
Monday 17 June 2024, 11:52:31 pm from 18.191.140.27