Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Monday 29 April 2024, 03:27:02 pm   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,639 comps and freebies worth over $32,945,743.35 listed

That's over thirty two million, nine hundred and fourty five thousand, seven hundred and fourty three dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1016129 Total Posts (445962 Searchable Posts) in 298304 Topics by 41499 Members
Latest Member: squxiu
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Tiddalik the Thirsty Frog + Giveaway d/p melb museum
Entry Details
  • crash test mummy     Closing Date: Thursday 12 January 2012

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Cash & Vouchers 
Prizes may include Cash, Vouchers, Subscriptions, Gift Cards etc ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: Tiddalik the Thirsty Frog + Giveaway d/p melb museum  (Read 364 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
suzieblonde
Junior Addict

Recent Activity
0%

« : Friday 06 January 2012, 05:19:17 am »
Go Up

http://www.crashtestmummy.com.au/2012/01/05/kids-activities-tiddalik-the-thirsty-frog-giveaway/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+crashtest_mummy+%28Crash+Test+Mummy
Kids Activities: Tiddalik the Thirsty Frog + Giveaway
January 5, 2012 By Crash Test Mummy 8 Comments
XHello there! If you are new here, you might want to subscribe to the RSS feed for updates on this topic.
Powered by WP Greet Box WordPress Plugin
Sponsored by Nuffnang

Long ago in an Aboriginal Creation story, Tiddalik, the largest frog ever known, awoke one morning with a huge thirst. He started to drink and drank until there was no fresh water left in the world.
I can identify with this frog, I felt like this when I awoke from the anaesthetic after my little op the other week.  My day in hospital is why I missed a great preview performance of Tiddalik the Thirsty Frog at Melbourne Museum.  However, I still got to go along to the museum with Crash Hubby and the kids after Christmas.

Unbelievably I had not been to the Melbourne Museum before.  I’ve been to museums all around the world, but not in my own backyard.  Typical isn’t it?  I’ve been meaning too, so I was excited when Nuffnang sent us along to check it out.  Now, I know a lot of you are not in Melbourne, but I bet there’s a museum near you right?  I highly encourage you to look up your local museum and see what they have on for the school holidays.

Tiddalik the Thirsty Frog Performance

Tiddalik the Thirsty Frog is a performance of a Victorian Aboriginal creation story presented by Melbourne Museum’s Bunjilaka Aboriginal Cultural Centre in collaboration with ILBIJERRI Theatre Company.  Performances started on the 3rd of January and are a part of the Museum’s frog themed school holiday program [more details at end of post]
Even though we missed the preview performance, the kids still got to do the activities which are on until the 31st of January.
Tiddalik’s Fantastic Frog Faces

The CrashKids had a great time painting their Tiddalik the Frog masks and learning about the Aboriginal design inspiration from the patterns and ridges carved into their traditional weapons.  I thought it was going to be carnage, especially with CrashBoy, but the squeezy paint and brush combo made it less messy.  Until CrashBoy squeezed one a little too much – green paint anyone?

Frogs Alive!

While their masks were drying outside in the hot sun the kids checked out the live frog exhibit.  They were quite taken by the frogs and are starting to grasp the concept that tadpoles turn into frogs.  The staff were great with all the curious children and even had iPads to show them more pictures and play the sounds of the different frogs.

Fun at the Museum

Melbourne Museum is amazing!  Here are some of the other things we saw while we were there.

CrashBoy and the Whale

Doesn’t look so menacing wearing a Santa hat!

Discovering fossils

These bugs I like . . .

. . . these ones not so much!

This room, fascinating though it was, gave me the outright chills!
There was so much to see and do at the museum.  We’ll be going back for sure to catch a performance of Tiddalik the Thirsty Frog.  Here’s everything you need to know:
Melbourne Museum School Holiday Program

Tiddalik the Thirsty Frog

Live performances 3rd January – 31st January
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Sundays, 3 Jan – 31 Jan 2012
11:30 AM – 11:50 AM
1:00 PM – 1:20 PM
2:00 PM – 2:20 PM
Tiddalik’s Fantastic Frog Faces and Frog’s Alive run from 11am to 3pm daily until the 31st of January.
Cost: included in Museum entry  (Adult $10, Concession and Child (3–16 years) free entry.)
Giveaway

I have three adult double passes to give away.  If you’re in Melbourne this Summer enter and take the kids to Tiddalik and/or enjoy what the museum has to offer.  I could stay there all day!
To enter:
You need to be a member of Crash Test Mummy, so:

they are for Melbourne but any state can enter  Surprised
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0109 seconds with 8 queries.
Monday 29 April 2024, 03:27:02 pm from 13.58.39.23