Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Sunday 05 May 2024, 12:01:06 am   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,512 comps and freebies worth over $34,608,359.70 listed

That's over thirty four million, six hundred and eight thousand, three hundred and fifty nine dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1016504 Total Posts (446337 Searchable Posts) in 298649 Topics by 41499 Members
Latest Member: squxiu
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Win a Hydralyte Kit, valued at $65!/Like on FB -Members/Leave Comment
Entry Details
  • Win a Hydralite Kit     Closing Date: Sunday 03 February 2013

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Health & Beauty 
Prizes may include Makeup, Jewelry, Perfume, Haircare etc ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: Win a Hydralyte Kit, valued at $65!/Like on FB -Members/Leave Comment  (Read 346 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
oldfellow
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
100%

Top Poster

Aquarius
Aquarius

« : Monday 14 January 2013, 05:50:39 am »
Go Up

http://www.mslimalicious.com/2013/01/alcohol-related-dehydration-hydralyte.html

Alcohol Related Dehydration (+ Hydralyte Giveaway)
On January 1st, I woke up with a pounding headache, dry mouth and queasy feeling in my stomach – a nasty reminder of the amount of French champagne I consumed the night before! 

An important thing we all tend to forget is that alcohol is a diuretic (a substance that increases urine output). The diuretic effect of alcohol often leads to dehydration, this is particularly relevant for Australian’s who often spend many hours dedicated to drinking in the summer sun.

What is dehydration?
Dehydration is the rapid and excessive loss of water from the body accompanied by an imbalance in essential electrolytes, such as sodium, potassium and chloride.

What is excessive alcohol related dehydration?
Usually, a normal, healthy diet combined with adequate fluid intake will serve to replace lost electrolytes and fluid however as alcohol is a diuretic, excessive consumption results in a net loss of fluid and electrolytes from the body often resulting in dehydration. Research has shown that approximately 100ml of additional urine output occurs for every standard drink (10mg of alcohol) consumed.

Tips to manage alcohol related dehydration

Avoid coffee, soft drinks and energy drinks containing high levels of caffeine which will make you more dehydrated
    Consume water between each glass of alcohol
    You can help prevent dehydration by drinking Hydralyte after the drinking occasion and prior to going to bed

Hydralyte comes in a range of convenient product options including ready to use Electrolyte Solution, Electrolyte Powder, Effervescent Tablets and Electrolyte Ice Blocks and is available from all leading pharmacies around Australia. NB: when using Hydralyte always read the label, use only as directed and if symptoms persist please see your health care professional.

Giveaway
To start the year well hydrated, Mademoiselle Slimalicious is offering one lucky reader a chance to win a Hydralyte Kit, valued at $65!

The kit includes:
- 2 x 250ml bottles of Hydralyte Ready to Use Electrolyte Solution
- 2 x tubes of Hydralyte Electrolyte Effervescent Tablets
- 2 x boxes (10 sachets in each box) of Hydralyte Electrolyte Powder

To enter: First Like Mademoiselle Slimalicious Facebook page AND then  leave a comment here telling me:

"How often do you drink alcohol and what do you usually drink?"

Additional entries: (leave a comment for each additional entry)

Tweet this: Follow @MSlimalicious and visit www.mslimalicious.com for a chance to win a Hydralyte Kit #giveaway
    Follow @EuropeBox on Twitter
    Follow Europe in a Box on Facebook
    Share this post with your friends on FB and/or Twitter using the buttons below the post

Note, if you are an anonymous entrant, please make sure you include your name in the comment so I can contact you if you win.

Giveaway is open to readers with a delivery address in Australia only, and closes on 3rd February 2013 at 9 pm (EAST). One winner will be chosen at random. The winner will be notified by email (if available) or on Mademoiselle Slimalicious Facebook page shortly after the end of the competition. If a reply email is not received by 6th February 2013, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to another entrant. The prize was kindly donated by Hydralyte. I received a complimentary Hydralyte kit for the purpose of this promotion.
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0125 seconds with 8 queries.
Sunday 05 May 2024, 12:01:06 am from 3.129.22.135