Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Saturday 18 May 2024, 02:44:28 pm   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,532 comps and freebies worth over $41,226,416.10 listed

That's over fourty one million, two hundred and twenty six thousand, four hundred and sixteen dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1017335 Total Posts (447168 Searchable Posts) in 299432 Topics by 41505 Members
Latest Member: Snazzledazzle
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  What Competitions do you enter and why?
Entry Details
  • What competitions do you enter     Closing Date: Friday 15 February 2013

Prizes you can win
 Category  
Pages: 1 2 Next Last  All
Print
Author Topic: What Competitions do you enter and why?  (Read 1682 times)  (Replies 14 posts)
Rosiegal
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Gemini
Gemini

I'm in compers heaven here!

« : Tuesday 15 January 2013, 12:37:48 pm »
Go Up

I was just thinking about all the competitions I enter and why or whether I or my family would like them.

Do you enter to win for yourself and for gifts for others?
Do you enter to sell prizes you win and make money ?
Do you enter to win just because you like  the thrill and have no interest in the prize offered?

I mostly enter only the  prizes I would like or need and leave the rest  for someone who really wants it.
 Most of my Christmas presents for family were from my wins last year. As a pensioner every little win is a big bonus.

I dont enter comps for mothers and babies unless I know someone who has a baby or toddler.
I dont enter comps run by religious groups like AJN as I am not Jewish or affiliated with a religion.
I enter seniors comps because I am one but see people entering when they are not  really eligible as they are not seniors. Is this fair?

What are your views?.
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

All good things come to those who....wait for the postman!
.Keep on comping!
littlebear
Trainee

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #1 : Tuesday 15 January 2013, 02:49:36 pm »
Go Up

I enter competitions to win things that I or family members would really like. I have sold prizes before, if it was an instant win and I was trying for another prize, or I recently won a bangle that didn't fit. But mostly it's just things that my family would like.

I would much rather leave competitions for someone to win that would really love the prize if it wasn't something I was interested in. It just seems fair.

I wasn't aware their were competitions specifically for seniors, but the people that run the competition should monitor and pick out the people that aren't eligible. If you're not eligible for a competition I don't think you should enter it, keep it fair.

Interesting topic Smile

pollycat
Junior Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Virgo
Virgo

« Reply #2 : Tuesday 15 January 2013, 05:38:35 pm »
Go Up

Like littlebear I only enter comps for things I would like, need, or am able to give to family & friends. I've only sold prizes when I've won a runner up prize when I've been aiming for first prize Smile My boys aren't babies anymore so I don't usually enter baby competitions but both my best friends have recently welcomed new additions so I'm hoping to win something to help them out.
I don't see the point in making the effort to enter a competition if I don't want or won't use the prize

pg88
Trainee

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #3 : Tuesday 15 January 2013, 06:18:07 pm »
Go Up

I enter because I enjoy winning things, but I will not go as far as to enter things I am not eligible for. I also have a strict rule that I only enter competitions to win things that I would want/use (they are also normally things that I would love to have but don't have the money to buy)

I've only ever sold one prize and that was because it wasn't all I expected it to be...

scout
Junior Addict

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #4 : Tuesday 15 January 2013, 06:46:03 pm »
Go Up

I used to enter everything but I have become more discriminating. I only enter if I want the prize either for myself or someone close to me. Selling prizes is always a bother...you never get what it's worth. I have only ever done it for big prizes.  Even if you are discriminating you still win runner-up prizes you have no use for.  I always donate these to charity or local organizations. Books that are not to my taste go to the library. Other things go to wherever I think they could be used.
I don't enter a lot of purchase competitions unless it is something I regularly use.
I always keep an eye on givit.org.au to see what I have that may be useful for someone else. It is a pleasure to share my luck around.

Rosiegal
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Gemini
Gemini

I'm in compers heaven here!

« Reply #5 : Tuesday 15 January 2013, 07:02:09 pm »
Go Up

Littlebear Yes  there are comps for seniors.Greypath is one and there are Seniors newspapers around, every state has a local  and state one and I think there is also a National one.Entry is usually by mail but sometimes by web.

All good things come to those who....wait for the postman!
.Keep on comping!
calpot
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Scorpio
Scorpio

« Reply #6 : Tuesday 15 January 2013, 07:14:37 pm »
Go Up

Same, I enter for prizes for my kids or myself but consolation prizes do need to find a home sometimes.... So what am I going to do with those condoms?

scattley

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #7 : Tuesday 15 January 2013, 07:35:22 pm »
Go Up

I enter everything i am eligible for. Most are given to family and the "left overs" are placed in a lucky dip Christmas box for Anglicare.

My family knows if I win a holiday it is MINE but everything else tends to make its way to them. i have never sold anything - if I did I am sure Karma will ensure I win nothing else

2009 wins Movie tickets x3, Bath Bomb Kit.
2008 wins $6237
oldfellow
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
100%

Top Poster

Aquarius
Aquarius

« Reply #8 : Tuesday 15 January 2013, 08:13:22 pm »
Go Up

Most all comps that I can, I have a problem with posting comps and forgetting to enter them myself. I place a few prizes into multicap for their prize draws

JRN

Recent Activity
0%

Cancer
Cancer

« Reply #9 : Tuesday 15 January 2013, 08:32:28 pm »
Go Up

I typically enter things that I want, or I know friends would be able to use.

I have targeted things that I need/want and had some success for things like tablets/TV/BBQ and of course cash

I've had a quite a few tablet wins, keeping one for me, one for the kids, sold an iPad at a steep discount to a friend and sold one on ebay.  I also sold a TV when I needed the money more, but then won the same TV a few months later and kept it!

This year I have a new job and much less time to enter, and worse I have much less time to post (which I always enjoyed doing almost more than entering and winning).  As a result I rarely enter or win lower value comps these days; I even have to pay to see movies sometimes!

Pages: 1 2 Next Last  All   Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0938 seconds with 12 queries.
Saturday 18 May 2024, 02:44:28 pm from 13.59.100.205