Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Monday 01 July 2024, 10:07:58 pm   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,367 comps and freebies worth over $36,951,829.01 listed

That's over thirty six million, nine hundred and fifty one thousand, eight hundred and twenty nine dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1019385 Total Posts (449216 Searchable Posts) in 301378 Topics by 41516 Members
Latest Member: lucli8347
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Win 1 Of 3 Penelope & Pip Art Prints From KidIndependent/Rafflecopter.
Entry Details
  • Penelope & Pip Art Prints.     Closing Date: Wednesday 23 January 2013

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Art & Literature 
Prizes may include Paintings, Magazines, Books etc ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: Win 1 Of 3 Penelope & Pip Art Prints From KidIndependent/Rafflecopter.  (Read 275 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
Kelly1

Recent Activity
0%

Aries
Aries

« : Friday 18 January 2013, 01:28:32 pm »
Go Up

Designer of the Week - Penelope & Pip (Giveaway)

http://kidindependent.com/2013/01/penelope-and-pip-art/?utm_source=KID+independent+List&utm_campaign=68868747c3-KID_Independent_News_17Jan_2012&utm_medium=email

Hello friends! It’s time for our first Designer of the Week in 2013. I’m so pleased to welcome one of my favourite local artists to KID independent today… Rachael from Penelope & Pip! Rachael’s work chronicles the adventures of a girl named Penelope, a cat named Pip and their ever-increasing list of lovely friends. We also have a few art prints to giveaway… hooray!

If you ever happened to visit the KID independent household, among the hijinks, tomfoolery and general shenanigans, you’d find a house full of colour and walls full of art. I like to collect whimsical prints from artists across the globe… in particular, prints that tell a story and inspire imagination. Rachael from Penelope & Pip shares this passion, and her portfolio reads like a magical adventure from a children’s storybook.

The print you see above is created from an original illustration. It is coloured digitally and printed with archival inks onto heavyweight bamboo artists paper. This paper has a beautiful texture, and is produced using green energy making it every bit as eco-friendly as it is fun.

The Verdict… Feel-good illustration that warms the heart and soothes the soul.

Rachael launched Penelope & Pip in September 2009 with a little shop on Etsy. She says, “I don’t think I will ever forget my first sale – I couldn’t believe someone wanted to buy my art! I had only just started studying Graphic Design at night school so I wasn’t sure of anything to do with business at all. I’ve learnt a lot since then and now work freelance as an Illustrator selling my art prints all over the world (I never did get to finish that Graphic Design course!). It has been a truly amazing couple of years.”

Rachael chose the names Penelope and Pip for one of the first sets of characters that she drew at school. She says, “I found that they kept appearing in my sketchbook. I am a bit of a not-so-secret cat lady so I thought they were a fun representation of me and my darling cat.”

Rachael is an Aunty to ten adorable nieces and nephews aged 9 and under, who keep her young at heart. The inspiration for her designs often strikes at a moments notice; “they just pop into my head, along with their little stories”. She likes to think of them as a one page picture book and enjoys writing the character’s story is as much as drawing the picture.

Apart from a couple of months at design school, Rachael is completely self taught and draws all of her illustrations digitally in Illustrator and Photoshop. She explains, “I used to do a lot of ink sketches in my notebooks, but now I use my Ipad when I’m away from my computer. My niece asked me to draw something on paper for her recently and I couldn’t do it!”

Here’s three fun facts about Rachael (in her own words):

I have been playing piano since I was four and have played in bands and worked as a solo artist in a previous part of my life.

I am seriously addicted to chocolate, cats and instagram.

My favourite thing to do is get on a plane and go on an adventure!

You can find Penelope & Pip online, via Etsy, or on Facebook. Rachael has also just released a range of beautiful cushion covers via Society6.

Would you like to win one of three art prints from Penelope & Pip? Simply visit Penelope & Pip and tell us your favourite item from the current collection. Please submit your entry through the Rafflecopter widget below. You can also score extra entries into the prize draw by joining us on Facebook or tweeting about the giveaway. Entries close on 23 January 2013. Australian entries only.

ENTER TO WIN RECENT ACTIVITY LOG IN
+1 Answer a question
You can earn 3 more entries today!
Finish this entry to unlock the rest.

Terms and Conditions:

This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. We hereby release Facebook of any liability. Winner(s) will be contacted by email 48 hours after the giveaway ends. If you have any additional questions - feel free to send us an email!
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

My children are the pot of gold at the end of my rainbow.
Winnings since joining=$33,875.85
Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.1078 seconds with 8 queries.
Monday 01 July 2024, 10:07:58 pm from 18.189.192.19