Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Monday 17 June 2024, 03:51:07 pm   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,531 comps and freebies worth over $64,183,416.13 listed

That's over sixty four million, one hundred and eighty three thousand, four hundred and sixteen dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1018715 Total Posts (448547 Searchable Posts) in 300751 Topics by 41512 Members
Latest Member: kaytee1912
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Win 1/3 "Good Night, Sleep Tight" Books (Write a Rhyme)
Entry Details
  • "Good Night, Sleep Tight" Book     Closing Date: Tuesday 22 January 2013

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Art & Literature 
Prizes may include Paintings, Magazines, Books etc ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: Win 1/3 "Good Night, Sleep Tight" Books (Write a Rhyme)  (Read 362 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
Ceramics
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
0%

« : Saturday 19 January 2013, 10:38:20 am »
Go Up

http://caitlinshappyheart.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/giveaway-good-night-sleep-tight.html

GIVEAWAY!!! Good Night Sleep Tight

When I was contacted and given a copy of her latest book, (although, if you read here you'll discover she actually wrote this story awhile back), I was very enthusiastic to host a giveaway.

I was thrilled, upon reading the book, that "Good Night, Sleep Tight" contains well loved nursery rhymes. When I was teaching early childhood, I was often astonished how many children were not familiar with popular nursery rhymes and fairytales. After all, these classics are often early literacy at its best. Mem wrote this book, in response to a statistic stating that, "Children who know six nursery rhymes by heart by the time they're four are usually in the top reading group by the age of eight." So, to be on the safe side, "Good Night, Sleep Tight" contains seven rhymes. I think that statistic alone encourages me to keep reading this story, many, many more times!

"Good Night, Sleep Tight", is full of Mem Fox and Judy Horacek magic. Bonnie and Ben are being put to bed by their very attentive favourite babysitter. He tells them a series of nursery rhymes that his mother taught him before insisting that they go to sleep. It is a story small children find compelling, full of repetition and bright colourful illustrations that capture the imagination. My own children have loved it, especially T-Star, who insisted I read it again immediately after I finish. The first time I read it to him, I continued to read it to him four times consecutively. (The only reason it wasn't a read a fifth time was entirely to do with me declining the opportunity to do so.)

J Boy has been particularly interested in the prospect of giving away THREE copies of this book. He has accepted the position to be the official judge deciding who the books will be given too.

So, if you would like to have a little fun and win a copy of "Good Night, Sleep Tight", write us a rhyme telling my six year old something (it can be anything!) you have learned from your mother, or in the words of Skinny Doug, "I'll tell you another I heard from my mother". It need not be long, 2-4 lines should be sufficient, but it must be appealing to a six year old boy!

Make sure you let me know your email address, so I can contact the winners on the 23rd of January. If I get no reply from you, I will choose another winner the next day. You must have an Australian mailing address in order to win.

Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0156 seconds with 8 queries.
Monday 17 June 2024, 03:51:07 pm from 3.145.201.55