Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Wednesday 22 May 2024, 10:13:22 am   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,559 comps and freebies worth over $188,262,908.07 listed

That's over one hundred and eighty eight million, two hundred and sixty two thousand, nine hundred and eight dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1017489 Total Posts (447322 Searchable Posts) in 299579 Topics by 41505 Members
Latest Member: Snazzledazzle
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Win 1/3 Len Evans Book Packs/50wol/Memb/VisitVineyards
Entry Details
  • Win Len Evans Book Pack     Closing Date: Sunday 04 August 2013

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Art & Literature 
Prizes may include Paintings, Magazines, Books etc ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: Win 1/3 Len Evans Book Packs/50wol/Memb/VisitVineyards  (Read 227 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
oldfellow
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
100%

Top Poster

Aquarius
Aquarius

« : Saturday 03 August 2013, 05:29:44 am »
Go Up

http://www.visitvineyards.com/home/surveys-competitions-win-prizes/win-len-evans-books-how-to-taste-wine-and-not-my-memoirs-june-july-2013

Win Len Evans' books – How to Taste Wine and Not My Memoirs
Insight, knowledge and humour from one of Australia's great wine characters
Len Evans - Not my memoirs

Len Evans AO,OBE is a name synonymous with the Australian wine industry.
He was arguably the man responsible for making the biggest individual contribution to that industry through his energy, enthusiasm, opinions and often flamboyant ways mixed with his deep knowledge and understanding

He penned much about the world of wine that he loved so much but his two final books reflect the man perfectly in their style, content and wise wine advice.

How to Taste Wine is a slim volume that belies its weighty value. Len Evans' philosophy was simple: wine is to be enjoyed, and – like music and art – the more you know about it the more you can enjoy it. One page alone covers the tasting technique; if we all remembered just that single page (21, for the those who win the book!), we’d be far better wine tasters. ‘And enjoy it more’ as he concludes.

This is a book that any wine-lover could appreciate and certainly one that those of us less knowledgeable about the world of the grape, can easily learn from.

Not My Memoirs is just that – instead of a set timeline of what he did when and where, it's an anecdotal ramble through a life which was devoted to the making, drinking and promotion of wine.

In 1985 Len Evans said ‘I was asked to write my memoirs, but I didn’t like the idea – for one reason I’m still living them, and for another, my many conceits do not include a belief that my life has been particularly fascinating.’ We're pretty sure the winners of this book are highly likely to disagree with this sentiment.

Len Evans AO, OBE arrived pennliess in Australia in 1955, but he set a path to the world of wine when he became beverage manager for the Chevron Hilton in Sydney. From here he was bitten by wine, 'the good familiar creature' as he described what was to become his life focus until his untimely death in 2006.

These are both books we highly recommend not just for those interested in wine history and knowledge but for anyone wanting a great read and insight into just how why wine writer Hugh Johnson said 'In case of any doubt, it was Len Evans who showed Australians their own wines when they, and everyone else, were completely in the dark about them. The rise to fame and glory started at his table.’
To win one of three twin packs, simply tell us why you would like to win them!

Read our review of How to Taste Wine »

Want both these books now? Save with your VisitVineyards.com exclusive subscriber offer on both books »

NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS

Remember to check our winners page regularly to see if your name appears. We will communicate with winners by email unless otherwise specified so make sure VisitVineyards.com is added to you safe senders list and make it easy for us to get your prize to you!

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Prize is one of three twin packs of Len Evans' books, How to Taste Wine and Not My Memoirs (RRP A$50 plus postage). These will be posted around Australia and overseas.

The competition is open to all VisitVineyards.com subscribers and Members over the age of 18. Entries open 1st June 2013 and close midnight 4th August 2013. Winners drawn 5th August 2013 and names placed on the winners page. Winners will be emailed within three weeks if prize remains unclaimed. See our competition terms and conditions here »
QUESTION: it's easy – just tell us why you'd like to win!

To enter this month's competition, please enter your details below:
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0109 seconds with 8 queries.
Wednesday 22 May 2024, 10:13:22 am from 3.141.199.122