Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Friday 03 May 2024, 06:08:52 pm   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,578 comps and freebies worth over $33,935,958.74 listed

That's over thirty three million, nine hundred and thirty five thousand, nine hundred and fifty eight dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1016464 Total Posts (446297 Searchable Posts) in 298611 Topics by 41499 Members
Latest Member: squxiu
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Win DP to see Jack of Hearts - Newcastle/Email/Pt Stephens Examiner

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Entertainment 
Prizes may include Movie & Concert Tickets, Prize Packs, Passes, Cds, DVDs ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: Win DP to see Jack of Hearts - Newcastle/Email/Pt Stephens Examiner  (Read 96 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
oldfellow
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
100%

Top Poster

Aquarius
Aquarius

« : Friday 01 April 2016, 02:45:14 pm »
Go Up

http://www.portstephensexaminer.com.au/story/3815725/show-a-comedy-of-the-heart/?cs=2330

Win tickets to see Newcastle Civic Theatre's show Jack of Hearts March 28, 2016, 2:48 p.m.
A NEW play from David Williamson, one of Australia’s masters of social comedy, will hit Newcastle Civic Theatre in April.

LAUGH OUT LOUD: Paige Gardiner, Brooke Satchwell and Christa Nicola feature in David Williamson's funny theatre production, Jack of Hearts, which will show at Newcastle Civic Theatre on April 16.
L
Jack of Hearts will show at Civic Theatre on Saturday, April 16.

The production focuses on Jack, played by Chris Taylor, who adores his wife Emma (Paige Gardiner).

So, when she walks out on him for the older, more successful and arrogant Carl (Peter Mochrie) right after his career as a lawyer has crashed and burned, he is devastated.

Jack’s school friend Stu (Craig Reucassel), now a highly successful businessman and married to the glamorous Denys (Brooke Satchwell), shows no sympathy.

The only job Jack can find is to deliver luggage at a glamour resort on an upmarket island.

When Jack’s ex-wife and her new partner, and Stu and his new mistress arrive at the island to find him there, Jack suddenly finds the old adage “revenge is sweet” is not too far wide of the mark.

Taylor and Reucassel, both journalists, writers and comedians, said they were shocked, flattered, thrilled and terrified when Williamson asked them to play the lead roles in Jack of Hearts.

“I got quite self-conscious when David Williamson said ‘Chris, you are perfect for this role’,” Taylor said.

See your ad here
“It’s like, when he thinks loser, he thinks Chris Taylor, which I thought was revealing.

“It’s a delight and a surprise to be asked by the great David Williamson to be part of his latest play for the ensemble.”

Reucassel said he was just as surprised as Taylor when he was called by Williamson to play a role in Jack of Hearts.

“When David asked me to do the play, naturally I thought he’d lost his marbles and got a wrong number,” he said.

“But I was very thrilled.”

Jack of Hearts will show at Newcastle Civic Theatre twice on April 16 – at 2pm and 7.30pm.

Tickets, available from Ticketek or civictheatrenewcastle.com.au, cost $48 for adults and $35 for youths aged 15 to 21.

The Examiner has one double pass to give away to the 2pm show.

To win the pass, send your name and daytime contact details in an email titled “Hearts” to ewatts@fairfaxmedia.com.au. The winner will be notified by 5pm on Wednesday, April 13.
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0469 seconds with 8 queries.
Friday 03 May 2024, 06:08:52 pm from 18.219.14.63