Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Tuesday 07 May 2024, 11:53:30 am   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,541 comps and freebies worth over $34,056,318.92 listed

That's over thirty four million, fifty six thousand, three hundred and eighteen dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1016666 Total Posts (446499 Searchable Posts) in 298805 Topics by 41500 Members
Latest Member: Ashcatchem
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Win DP to see Encoded - Newcastle/Email/Port Stephens Examiner/NSW
Entry Details
  • Win DP to see Encoded     Closing Date: Tuesday 09 August 2016

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Entertainment 
Prizes may include Movie & Concert Tickets, Prize Packs, Passes, Cds, DVDs ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: Win DP to see Encoded - Newcastle/Email/Port Stephens Examiner/NSW  (Read 214 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
oldfellow
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
100%

Top Poster

Aquarius
Aquarius

« : Wednesday 27 July 2016, 07:27:27 am »
Go Up

http://www.portstephensexaminer.com.au/story/4048415/exploration-of-dance-and-technology-video/?cs=2330

Encoded is an exploration of dance and technology

STUNNING: Encoded, an exploration of dance using technology, will be performed at Newcastle Civic Theatre just once in August. Picture: Supplied

AN aerial performance that fuses technology with dance is promised to stun and entertain audiences in Newcastle in August.

Encoded has been described as an immersive aerial dance performance that uses the latest interactive technologies to build a projected digital environment that responds to the movements of the performers.

“For Encoded I started out asking what happens if we mask space and architecture?” David Clarkson, artistic director and director of Encoded, said.

“This led me to explore notions of the cultural perceptions of space – how our identity in the world around us has changed: from the renaissance, to the industrial revolution and forwards into the creation of virtual space. 

“What are we humans doing with space –  and what is space doing to us. And up until now I have worked for most of my career with a reasonably minimalistic approach to technology.

“I thought it was time to give that a shakeup.” 

And shake it up he has.

Visually stunning, Encoded creates a world of shimmering images that dissolve and reform as the performers sweep across the space.

The show explores how digitised space alters our perceptions of physical space, and how digital media change our relationship with the body.

“I think there will be a certain wow factor with the technology,” Clarkson said.

“But the thing I would hope to give the audience is the creation of a space where technology and the human – the spectacle and the intimate – can somehow marry to give perspective on our place in the world.”

Encoded was first performed at Carriageworks in Sydney in November 2012.

It has enjoyed subsequent  seasons in Korea, The Netherlands in 2013 and Hong Kong in 2015.

It will show at Newcastle Civic Theatre on Thursday, August 11 at 8pm.

Tickets, available from Ticketek, cost $48 for adults, $38 for a season subscribers, $40 for concessions and $35 for youths (15-21).

The Examiner has one double pass to give away to the show.

To win, send your name and daytime contact number in an email titled “Encoded” to ewatts@fairfaxmedia.com.au.

The winner will be notified by 5pm on Tuesday, August 9.

We recommend
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0484 seconds with 8 queries.
Tuesday 07 May 2024, 11:53:30 am from 18.220.1.239