WIN A VIKING RIVER CRUISE WORTH $22,990
Win a Viking cruise
Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, Saint Petersburg, Russia.
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
13-Day voyage from Moscow to St. Petersburg reveals the real Russia as never before.
Savour Russian caviar with you blini pancakes. View the swirling onion domes and study towers of Moscow’s Red Square. Soak up the steam in a traditional baya (sauna) in Mandrogy village by the river.
Share stories a the kitchen table of a family in Uglich. Then view in awe Peter the Great’s massive Peterhof Palace. You can soak up all these experiences and more on Viking’s 13-day Waterways of the Tsar cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg departing the capital on 15 September 2022.
Some of the highlights of this fabulous voyage include watching a performance by the Imperial Russian Ballet Company, soak in the culture and art at the opulent Hermitage Museum and explore the Kremlin, Moscow’s vast 15th-century walled city.
Sailing on the deluxe Viking Akun, you’ll be pampered by the staff onboard. And you’ll get to savour the wonderful experience that a Viking cruise offers.
Terms & Conditions
“Explore & Viking “Waterways of the Tsars” Cruise” PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and
Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these
Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or older.
3. Directors, management, employees, officers and contractors (and their
immediate families) of the Promoter, travel agents involved with and agencies
associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means
any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child
(whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent,
step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother,
step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. Promotion commences at 12.01am (AEST) on April 10, 2021 and closes
11:59pm (AEST) on May 8, 2021 (“Promotional Period”).
5. To enter, eligible entrants must, during the Promotional Period, visit the
Explore website, locate the promotion landing page with entry form
embedded, click on a promotional banner advertisement linking to the landing
page, or scan the QR code in print advertising in Australian Community Media
publications, complete the entry form with all requested details including, but
not limited to full name, mobile phone number and email address, and submit
the completed form.
6. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries
and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and
reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the
Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and
Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or
other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper
conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the
Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at
any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal
rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are
7. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Only one (1) entry permitted per person.
9. For an entry to be valid, it is a condition of entry that the entrant must consider
and tick the box giving consent to receive the new “Explore” travel newsletter.
That the entrant is also happy for their contact details to be collected by Rural
Press Pty Ltd (T/A Australian Community Media) and Viking River Cruises
Australia Pty Ltd and for them to contact the entrant with special offers and
10. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the
right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
11. The draw will take place at the Rural Press Pty Ltd (T/A Australian Community
Media) The Senior office, 16A Mildon Road, Tuggerah NSW 2259, on May 10,
2021 at 10am AEST. The Promoter reserves the right to draw additional
reserve entries and record them in order in case of an invalid entry or
12. The winner will be notified by telephone and in writing via email and their
name(s) will be published in the Explore travel liftout and website on May
13. If there are any unclaimed or un-awarded prizes a prize draw will be
conducted on Sep 13, 2021 at the same time and place as the original draw. If
a winner is drawn they will be contacted by phone and in writing within two (2)
business days and will have their name published in the Explore travel liftout
and website on September 25, 2021.
14. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The first valid entry drawn will win a Viking “Waterways of the Tsars”
Cruise for two people in a Veranda Stateroom (BX), leaving Moscow on 15
September 2022 travelling to St Petersburg for 13 days and 12 nights. The
maximum retail value of the prize is $22,990 twin share.
● 12-night cruise from Moscow to St Petersburg departing 15 September 2022
● Private Veranda Stateroom with a king-size bed for two people
● Shore excursion in every port
● Onboard meals and beverages; including wine, beer & soft drinks, with lunch
● Unlimited Wi-Fi
● All onboard tipping and gratuities
● All port charges & government taxes
16. Other Conditions of the prizes are:
● The Prize must be taken on 15 September 2022.
● The Prize is strictly non-transferable and non-negotiable, and may not be
replaced or refunded.
● The Prize consists of a Viking “Waterways of the Tsars” Cruise for two people
in a Veranda stateroom (BX), leaving Moscow on 15 September 2022 for 13
days and 12 nights. Please consult the brochure or visitwww.vikingcruises.com.au
for full details of the itinerary and the inclusions.
● The Prize Winner and travelling companion must travel at the same time, and
are responsible for transport from their residence to and from the departure
and arrival port(s).
● The Prize does not include any costs associated with travelling to and from
the departure and arrival port(s), flights, or airport transfers – these are at the
winner’s own expense.
● Viking River Cruises Australia will not be responsible for any additional or
incurred costs while the winner is travelling, including any visas required as a
condition of entry. The Prize Winner is responsible for any associated costs in
getting to and from the departure port.
● The Prize cannot be used towards travel insurance, items of personal nature,
meals (other than featured in the itinerary), laundry, telephone calls, additional
nights or upgrades.
● The Prize can only be used towards new bookings only.
● Accepting the Prize is subject to any prevailing Terms and Conditions of
Viking River Cruises Australia. Please refer to the brochure of your travelling
destination for more details.
● If applicable, a valid passport is required for all international journeys with at
least 6 months validity from the date of return.
● If applicable, names as per passport and dates of birth for all travellers are
required at the time of reservation.
● The winner and their travel companion must travel together.
● Any meals or tips which are not included in the Cruise, transfer fees,
Passports, Visas, telephone charges, laundry, additional nights or upgrades
any other personal expenses, travel insurances and return flights are the
responsibility of the winner and their travel companion.
● Any travel or entry documentation and arrival fees are the responsibility of the
winner and their travel companion. It is the winner’s responsibility to check
with all government travel advisory and immigration authorities regarding
travel requirements and eligibility. Any fines, penalties, payments and
expenditure incurred as a result of not meeting such requirements are the sole
responsibility of the Winner and their travel companion
● Any mandatory conditions related to taking the prize, including COVID-19
vaccinations for any travel outside of Australia, are the responsibility of the
winner. If the winner does not comply at the time of travel, boarding may be
denied and the prize will be forfeited. This includes any third party vaccination
requirements from any travel operator required to take the prize.
● If travel and quarantine restrictions imposed by the Australian or International
Governments impact the winner’s ability to take the prize as stated, Viking will
make every effort to defer the departure date to a date of our choosing.
17. If for any reason the winner does not take the prize (or an element of the
prize) at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of
the prize) will be forfeited and no compensation will be given in lieu.
18. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion,
reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize
to the equal value and/or specification, subject to the directions of any
19. Total prize value is up to $22,990. Prize, or any unused portion, is not
transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise
20. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or
voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or
recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without
remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any
outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or
supplied by the Promoter.
21. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being
conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the
reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical
difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right,
in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any
entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as
appropriate, subject to the directions of any regulatory authority.
22. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s
responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use
of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means
that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will
render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
23. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports
to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided
under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied
warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the
States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for
any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable
Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and
agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or
any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect,
special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
24. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the
Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers,
employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability
(including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage
(including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or
consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or
equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any
theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize
claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after
their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable
control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these
Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or
(f) use of the prize.
25. The Promoter collects personal information (“PI”) in order to conduct the
promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such PI to third parties,
including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize
suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is
conditional on providing this PI. The Promoter will also use and handle PI as
. In addition to any use that may
indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the PI for promotional,
marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending
contains information about how entrants may opt out, access, update or
correct their PI, how entrants may complain about a breach of the Australian
Privacy Principles or any other applicable law and how those complaints will
be dealt with. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter
will not disclose PI to any entity outside of Australia.
26. The Promoter is Rural Press Pty Ltd, ABN 47 000 010 382, 159 Bells Line of
Rd, North Richmond, NSW, 2754.
27. Authorised under NSW Authority Number TP/00287, ACT Permit Number
ACT TP 21/00439 and SA Licence Number T21/408