Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Wednesday 08 May 2024, 10:18:19 pm   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,612 comps and freebies worth over $33,917,599.15 listed

That's over thirty three million, nine hundred and seventeen thousand, five hundred and ninety nine dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1016811 Total Posts (446644 Searchable Posts) in 298936 Topics by 41502 Members
Latest Member: jamesf
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Lip Magazine - Rachel Funari Fiction Prize - Win $1000 Cash/RUP/2000 wol
Entry Details
  • Rachel Funari Fiction Prize     Closing Date: Friday 15 April 2022

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Cash & Vouchers 
Prizes may include Cash, Vouchers, Subscriptions, Gift Cards etc ...
 Win great prizes at the Compingclub

COMP
MARK

$1,750.00  
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: Lip Magazine - Rachel Funari Fiction Prize - Win $1000 Cash/RUP/2000 wol  (Read 237 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
oldfellow
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
100%

Top Poster

Aquarius
Aquarius

« : Saturday 05 March 2022, 04:35:23 pm »
Go Up

https://lipmag.com/about/the-rachel-funari-prize-for-fiction/

The Rachel Funari Prize For Fiction 2022
rachel funari prize for fiction

Entries for the 2022 Rachel Funari Prize for Fiction are now open!

The 2022 Rachel Funari Prize for Fiction is accepting entries of creative, insightful fiction up to 2000 words that engage with the theme AFTERMATH.

The competition is open to all women and non-binary writers.

All entries must be original, previously unpublished and unperformed.

This prize is held in honour of Lip’s late founding editor, Rachel Funari, in recognition of her contribution to the arts.

Winner of the 2021 Rachel Funari Prize for Fiction, Keshe Chow, said:

“Writing can be such a solitary journey, so winning the 2021 Rachel Funari Prize for Fiction was hugely validating for me as a writer. For the first time, I felt like I had something of value to contribute to the Australian literary community. The prize is well-regarded by the industry and has an incredibly talented list of past winners. It is such an honour to be able to count myself among them.”

You can read Keshe’s winning story, Lady Finger, here.

All entries must be:

Original pieces of writing, up to 2000 words that engage with the theme
Previously unpublished, unperformed, and not currently under consideration for publication or entered into any other competition
Written by Australian residents
Written by women or non-binary writers
Received via email (competitions@lipmag.com) between Tuesday 1st March 2022 and 8pm Friday 15th April 2022
*Entries are NOW OPEN and close 8pm Friday 15th April 2022*

The Rachel Funari Prize for Fiction 2022 will be judged by Lip’s editors, as well as our panel of esteemed judges: Julie Koh, Melissa Manning and Sonia Orchard.

Julie Koh is the author of Capital Misfits and Portable Curiosities. She was named a 2017 Sydney Morning Herald Best Young Australian Novelist. Her short stories have been published widely, including in the Best Australian Stories and Best Australian Comedy Writing. She has written two radio plays for ABC Radio National and the libretto for the satirical opera Chop Chef. Julie has judged several literary prizes including the 2018 Stella Prize.

Melissa Manning is a Melbourne-based author and lawyer. Her debut interlinked story collection, Smokehouse, won the 2022 Victorian Premier’s Literary Award for Fiction, and was shortlisted for the USQ Steele Rudd Award for a Short Story Collection.

Sonia Orchard is an author, teacher, mentor and speaker from Victoria’s Macedon Ranges. She is the author of three books: a memoir, Something More Wonderful; and two novels, The Virtuoso, which won the Indie Award for Best Debut Fiction in 2009, and Into the Fire. Her fourth book, a non-fiction, The Female of the Species, will be published in early 2023. She is also the festival director of the Mountain Writers Festival, a new writers festival in regional Victoria, which explores Place Story and Nature.

The judges of the 2022 Rachel Funari Prize for Fiction: (L-R) Julie Koh [Photo credit: Hugh Stewart], Melissa Manning and Sonia Orchard

This year’s prize is proudly supported by Aniko Press, UQP, Penguin Random House Australia, Ultimo Press, Fremantle Press, NewSouth Publishing, Scribe Publications, Queensland Writers Centre, Pan Macmillan Australia, PENinsula Literary Journal and the Emerging Writers’ Festival.

The winners of the 2022 Rachel Funari Prize for Fiction will be announced during the Emerging Writers’ Festival in June.

FIRST PLACE

$1000 cash prize
A book pack courtesy of our sponsors
Publication on our website

SECOND PLACE

$500 cash prize

THIRD PLACE

$250 cash prize

BEST ENTRY FROM A QUEENSLAND RESIDENT

A 12-month membership to the Queensland Writers Centre

The sponsors and supporters of the 2022 Rachel Funari Prize for Fiction

FAQs

How much does it cost to enter? How do I pay?
It costs $10 to enter. You can pay via PayPal or Direct Debit to Lip Magazine. Please be sure to attach your transaction receipt to the entry email.

Paypal: Pay to sales@lipmag.com (Visit our Store to do this.)

Direct Debit Details:

Acct name: Lip Magazine
Act No: 270604
BSB: 033067
+ please send us a copy of the receipt to competitions@lipmag.com

How many times can I enter?
One entry only per person will be accepted. Entries must be unpublished, unperformed, and not currently under consideration for publication or entered into any other competition.

How do I enter?
Send your entry as a Word document attachment to competitions@lipmag.com with the subject line ‘2022 Rachel Funari Prize for Fiction entry’. The file name of the Word document should be the title of your story.

As entries are judged blind, please do not include your name or contact details within the Word document itself.

Your entry fee receipt should also be attached to the submission email.

By entering this competition, you are agreeing to the following conditions:

Your entry is an original piece of writing up to 2000 words that engages with the theme
Your entry is previously unpublished, unperformed, and not currently under consideration for publication or entered into any other competition
You are an Australian resident
You are a woman or non-binary writer
Your entry is received by us via email (competitions@lipmag.com) before 8pm Friday 15th April 2022
Lip may publish your work and/or part of your work online and/or in print, should your entry win or place in the competition. Lip assumes First Rights to publish the work online and/or in print. (Copyright will remain with the author.)
The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
I write for Lip. Can I enter?
Entries will be judged blind, so yes, Lip writers can enter. Editorial staff are ineligible.

I’m an overseas writer. Can I enter?
The Rachel Funari Prize for Fiction is open to Australian residents only at this stage.

Good luck!

Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0125 seconds with 8 queries.
Wednesday 08 May 2024, 10:18:19 pm from 18.119.107.96