Enter for the chance to win a new camera and capture the action on your next adventure!
Our new small expedition ship, the Sylvia Earle, is designed for discovery and action-packed adventures in Antarctica, the Arctic & Beyond. To celebrate her launch in November 2022, we’re giving away a professional camera and lens package valued at over $2,500, to help you capture the action on your next adventure. Three lucky runners up will also receive the latest GoPro Hero 10.
To enter the draw, simply tell us in 25 words or less which Sylvia Earle expedition you want to go on and why*. Entries close at 5pm AEST on 31 August, 2022.
Carrying an average of 132 passengers, the Sylvia Earle is a comfortable base camp for unforgettable adventures. Smaller ships mean we are able to get you off the ship more to maximise your time in the natural world. Our experienced guides will help you capture all of the action in some of the wildest and most remote destinations on earth with our unique activity program that includes sea kayaking, snorkelling, SCUBA diving, photography and much more.
But the action doesn’t stop there! The Sylvia Earle is also a floating ambassador for the planet, named after Dr. Sylvia Earle and honouring six other pioneering women in conservation. Certified as 100% Carbon Neutral, she has a fully equipped Citizen Science Centre and Citizen Science programs to expand your knowledge and understanding of the places we visit. Our mission is to turn every passenger into a lifelong ambassador for the preservation and protection of the sacred places we explore.
*Terms & Conditions apply.
Sylvia Earle Competition Official Rules and Terms & Conditions
1. This contest allows people to enter for a chance to win one (1) professional DSLR camera and lens package valued at over AU$2,500. Exact made and model based on availability. Three (3) runners up will receive a GoPro Hero 10 valued at AU$750.
2. Instructions on how to enter and prize information forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation is deemed as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. The promoter is Aurora Expeditions, Suite 12, Level 2, 35 Buckingham Street, Surry Hills, Sydney, NSW 2010, Australia.
4. This is a game of skill contest. Each entry will be individually judged based on its literary and creative merit.
5. Entry is open to people aged eighteen years or over only. Employees of and their immediate families, suppliers and associated companies are ineligible to enter.
6. The contest starts at 9:00 on 1 August, 2022 AEST and ends at 17:00 on 31 August, 2022 AEST. The winner will be contacted by a representative of Aurora Expeditions by phone or email within 7 days of the competition ending, and the announcement of the winner will be made within 2 weeks of the end date via Facebook and Instagram. Only the winners will be notified and must respond within 48 hours or the prize may be re-allocated to another competition entrant. Winners’ names will be available on https://www.auroraexpeditions.com.au/sylvia-earle-competition-22/
by 14 September, 2022 for one (1) month.
7. To enter, entrants must complete the form at https://www.auroraexpeditions.com.au/sylvia-earle-competition-22/
or via Facebook or Instagram and ‘Tell us in 25 words or less which Sylvia Earle expedition you want to go on and why’. Incomplete or automated entries will be disqualified.
8. One entry per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
9. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. No responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value of the prize. All other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner.
11. No purchase or payment is necessary to enter, and a purchase will not increase your chance of winning.
12. Aurora Expeditions reserves the right to, at any time, verify an entry or entrant and disqualify an entrant if Aurora Expeditions has reason to believe has submitted an entry not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
14. Contest entrants agree that by subscribing to our mailing list they give permission receive future correspondence via email. Entrants may remove their name from the list at any time by clicking ‘unsubscribe’.
15. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram or any other social platform.
16. All entries in the competition become the property of Aurora Expeditions. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Contest constitutes the winner’s consent to Aurora Expeditions’ use of winner’s name, country, state and competition entry for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
17. Aurora Expeditions reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Aurora Expeditions’ reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Aurora Expeditions in its sole discretion. Aurora Expeditions reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Aurora Expeditions reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
18. The Promoter is not liable for any loss (including loss of opportunity) or damage (including, but not limited to, direct, indirect or inconsequential loss) or personal injury in relation to this competition or the use of, or participation in, the prize.
19. Clause for US Residents only: All state, local, federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued US$600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings. The actual retail value of the prize will be reported on the IRS Form 1099.
20. This contest is not open to open to residents of Quebec, Russia, India, Belgium or Sweden.
Special Offer Terms and Conditions
Up to 25% off Arctic & Global 2023, Last Chance Antarctica 2022-23 Sale and Up to 20% off Antarctica 2023-24 Terms & Conditions: Offer is only valid on new bookings and on select ship voyages only which must be booked and deposited by 31 August 2022. Promotion is subject to availability at the time of booking and is capacity controlled. The promotion is only available in conjunction with the back-to-back voyage discount or the loyalty program offer, and not available with any other offer. The promotion can be withdrawn at any time and is not redeemable for cash. From prices are inclusive of discount, gratuities included. Normal booking terms and conditions apply. To confirm your booking, a completed booking form and non-refundable deposit of $2,500 pp in the booking currency is required within 7 days of reserved berth/s. Additional terms and conditions may apply.