RACQ Life and Income Insurance - win one of three $2,500 eGift Cards
Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is a promotion run by RACQ Operations Pty Limited ABN 80 009 663 414 (“Promoter”).
2. Entries and information on prizes and how to enter form part of these terms and conditions (“Terms”). Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms are ineligible. Participation in this competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms.
3. The competition is open to residents of Queensland aged 18 years and over who are current RACQ members at the time the competition is drawn.
4. Directors, officers, management, employees, and other staff (and the immediate families of directors, officers, management, employees, and other staff) of the Promoter and of related entities and agents of the Promoter are ineligible to enter.
5. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe breached any of these Terms or engaged in any unlawful or otherwise improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter reserves its legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender.
6. The competition commences at 00:01 hrs AEST Monday 22 August 2022 and closes 11:59 hrs AEST Sunday 2 October 2022 (“Promotion Period”).
7. Eligible entrants enter this competition by purchasing a RACQ Life Insurance or Income Protection Insurance policy online or by phone between 00:01 hrs AEST Monday 22 August 2022 and 11:59 hrs AEST Sunday 2 October 2022 and hold that policy for at least 60 days from the date of purchase. Entrants can choose to opt out of this competition by contacting 1800 333 613.
8. One entry per policy purchased is permitted and only one prize will be awarded to each winner.
9. All entries become the property of the Promoter. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
Prizes and Prize Winners
10. The competition will be drawn Monday 5 December 2022 by RACQ via random selection. The winners will be notified on Monday 12 December 2022 and the prize will be issued no earlier than 60 days from the date of purchase.
11. Times quoted are local times.
12. There will be three winners in this competition who will be chosen at random from all eligible entries received. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The winners will receive an RACQ eGift Card valued at $2,500. Prize components, including without limitation model and colour, may alter at the discretion of the Promoter. Any change in the value of the prize between the publishing date and the date that the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.
14. The winners will be notified via phone and email provided by winner when they entered the competition. The prize will be sent to the winners to the email address provided by the winner when they entered the competition.
15. If any of the winners are unable to be contacted within four weeks of notification, a redraw will occur. In the event that a redraw is required, it will be drawn on Tuesday 10 January 2023 and the redraw winner/s will be notified by phone and email address provided when they entered the competition.
16. The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
17. The Promoter will use its best endeavours to provide the prize as listed. If the prize (or any element of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize of equivalent value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
18. If the winners of the prize are under the age of 18 years (where entry by persons under 18 is not permitted), the Promoter may, at its discretion, award the prize to the winner’s parent or guardian.
19. The prize winners acknowledge that the prize may be subject to the standard terms and conditions of the individual prize supplier and may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by third parties. The winners must become acquainted with any such additional terms and conditions prior to accepting the prize. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility and is not liable for any additional conditions imposed on the taking of the prize by third parties, or for the breach of those conditions by any person. The acceptance of the prize creates a relationship between the prize winners and the individual prize supplier(s) and the Promoter is not responsible for, and accepts no liability in relation to, any loss, damage or claim that may be incurred by the prize winners as a result of the prize winner’s decision to accept the prize.
20. The Promoter and AIA Australia Limited ABN 79 004 837 861 (as issuer of RACQ Life Insurance) collect, use and disclose your personal information in line with our Privacy Statements which are available at racq.com and aia.com.au. By entering this competition entrants consent to the use of their contact details by the Promoter to periodically keep entrants informed about the goods and services provided by the Promoter, related entities and its service providers.
21. In participating in the prize activity, the winners agree to participate and cooperate as required in all editorial activities relating to this promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed, video-recorded and photographed. The winners agree to grant the Promoter and its related entities a perpetual, non-exclusive licence to use such audio, footage and/or photographs in all media worldwide and the winners will not be entitled to any fee for such use. The winners agree that they will not sell or otherwise provide their story, video and/or photographs to any media or other organisation.
22. Entrants consent to the Promoter and its related entities using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a prize winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the promotion (including any outcome), and promoting products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or its related entities.
25. If for any reason this competition is not capable of being conducted by the Promoter as intended, whether because of computer virus, mobile phone failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which in the Promoter’s opinion affects the administration of the competition, security, fairness or integrity, the Promoter may in its sole discretion, cancel, modify or suspend the competition, subject to the approval of the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation in Queensland as may be required.
26. Without limiting any other paragraph, the Promoter may at its discretion amend any aspect of this competition or these Terms, subject to applicable laws and subject to the approval of the relevant regulatory authorities.
27. The Promoter, its related entities, and the directors, officers, management, employees and other staff of the Promoter and its related entities (“Promoter’s Agents”) will not be liable for any loss or damage or for any personal injury sustained as a result of taking the prize(s) or entering into this competition. The Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents make no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability or any goods or services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents are not liable for any loss suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or the Promoter’s Agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods and services by any person to the prize winners and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the prize winners.
28. If, notwithstanding the above, the Promoter or the Promoter’s Agents are found to be liable to any person in connection with this competition the Promoter’s and the Promoter’s Agents’ maximum aggregate liability is limited to $1.00.
29. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents will not be liable to any person for indirect or consequential loss or damage suffered by any person in connection with the entering the competition, or as a result of taking the prize. This applies to all claims, whether such claims are made in tort (including without limitation negligence), in equity, under statute or any other basis. https://www.racq.com.au/about-us/membership/competitions/egift-card-life-and-income-terms-and-conditions