It’s time to channel the adventurer within because you and a lucky friend have the chance to win either return flights to Hokkaido or a 7-night stay at Club Med Kiroro.
Japan’s northernmost region of Hokkaido invites you to step into untamed wilderness, stunning national parks, diverse wildlife and rural landscapes unlike anywhere else in Japan.
Read on to learn about Hokkaido’s natural and untouched beauty spread amongst its northern, eastern, central and southern corners. Hokkaido is an unparalleled paradise for skiers, hikers, adventurers, campers and overall lovers of the outdoors.
Are you up for the challenge? Click ‘Enter now’ to answer four questions for your chance to win one of 2 major prizes and exciting runner-up prizes!
Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) Hokkaido Social Media Competition 2022
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. By submitting an entry, all entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
2. The “Promoter” is Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO), Suite 1, Level 4, 56 Clarence Street, Sydney NSW 2000, ABN 74 739 122 404
3. The game of chance promotion commences on 9:00AM AEST Wednesday 7th September 2022 and concludes at 23:59PM AEST Tuesday 27th September 2022. (“Promotional Period”). Entering the promotion constitutes acceptance of these conditions.
4. The promotion is only open to Eligible Entrants.
5. An "Eligible Entrant" is an individual who is:
a. Not an employee, officer, servant or contractor of the Promoter or any organisation associated with the promotion or provision of the gift/prize, or their related corporate bodies or associates or any of their agencies involved with the promotion;
b. Not a spouse, de facto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by adoption) of such an employee or other person as described in clause 5(a) above;
c. A resident of Australia; and
d. Aged 18 years or over.
6. All relevant instructions on the Promoter’s website (if any) form part of these conditions.
7. To enter the promotion, participants must complete the following “Entry Requirements”:
a. Visit www.japan.travel/en/au/explore-hokkaido-competition
b. Click the enter now button
c. Enter the 4 correct answers to the 4 questions about Hokkaido
d. Tick the Terms & Conditions box
e. Click ‘Submit’ button
8. Maximum of 1 x entry per person.
9. All Eligible Entrants must check the Terms & Conditions checkbox acknowledging that they have read and agree to the promotion terms.
11. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
12. By entering the promotion participants consent to the Promoter using the entrant’s name and contact details to contact them if they are one of the winners.
14. This promotional draw operates under Gaming License laws relating to each State and Territory in Australia as a trade lottery.
15. There will be 27 winners selected. Japan National Tourism Organization reserves the right to substitute for any reason whatsoever a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at their sole discretion. Prize is awarded “as is” without warranty nor guarantee, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
16. This is a game of chance. The winners will be selected on Friday, 30th September 2022 at 12:00PM AEST, by random computer-generated selection at The Trophy Room, 545 South Dowling St, Surry Hills, NSW 2010.
17. The winners will be notified via email on Friday, 30th September 2022 at 3:00PM AEST. Winners’ names will also be published on the competition website www.japan.travel/en/au/explore-hokkaido-competition
within 1-2 business days of confirming the winner is an Eligible Entrant.
18. Photo identification (e.g. a Driver’s License) will be required to verify the winner is an Eligible Entrant.
19. If any of the winners cannot be contacted within three days of the draw, a new winner(s) will be redrawn at 12:00PM AEST on Thursday, 6th October 2022 at The Trophy Room, 545 South Dowling St, Surry Hills, NSW 2010. The new winner(s) will be notified via email and the new winner(s)’s details published on the competition website www.japan.travel/en/au/explore-hokkaido-competition
within 24-48 hours of confirming the winner(s) is an Eligible Entrant.
20. The Promoter expressly disclaims any responsibility and entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the promotion entities from and against any and all claims, actions, demands and/or liability for injury, damage or loss whatsoever relating to or arising in connection with participation in this promotion (regardless of the cause of such injury, damage or loss) and/or the delivery and/or subsequent use or misuse of any of the prizes awarded.
21. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the competition. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
22. The Promoter’s decision concerning any aspect of this promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. The Promoter and its related bodies may use entrants’ email addresses for future promotional and marketing purposes. Entrants may unsubscribe at any time.
24. By entering the promotion, each entrant agrees in addition to the above uses, that the Promoter may disclose entrants’ personal information, to state and territory lottery departments, the winners’ names will be published as required under the relevant lottery legislation and the Promoter may publish or cause to be published the winners' names and suburb in any media.
26. Any cost associated with accessing the promotion website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the internet service provider used.
27. NSW Permit Number: NTP/04804
28. Eligible Entrants who satisfy the Entry Requirements will be eligible to win the “Prizes” including:
a) Total prize pool is valued at up to AUD$19,688
i. 2x return tickets from Sydney or Melbourne to Hokkaido (via Tokyo) with Japan Airlines valued at A$5,800 (See below T&Cs for the flights)
ii. 7-night stay for two at Club Med Kiroro valued at A$12,568 (See below T&Cs for the accommodation)
Two adults in a Superior double room
Enjoy Club Med’s premium all-inclusive package:
Activities to relax, explore and play
All-day gourmet dining & snacking
Group ski and board lessons
iii. 5x Pairs of Niseko United All Mountain Passes (8-hour pass) valued at A$160 per pair (Total A$800) (See below T&Cs for the lift passes)
iv. 10x Wild Hokkaido Book valued at A$32 each (Total A$320)
v. 10x OTARU Rue Ironai Fromage Cookies 10 Pcs from LeTAO A$20 each (Total A$200)
Prize terms and conditions for the flights
29. Prize description: Two Economy Class return tickets from Sydney or Melbourne to Hokkaido via Tokyo with Japan Airlines.
30. The rules of travel must be in accordance with Japan Airlines’ company policy and are not negotiable.
31. Travel dates must be on/after 01 April 2023 and travel must be completed by 31 March 2024. Maximum stay is 3 months.
32. Ticket is excluding applicable government taxes and surcharges. Applicable taxes and surcharges to be paid fully by JNTO. (Additional luggage(s) not included)
33. There may be times where flights are not available to prize winners even though seats are still on sale to commercial customers.
34. The prize is neither transferable nor redeemable for cash.
35. All ancillary costs, such as transfers, accommodation, vaccinations, COVID-19 tests, visas and passports are not included and are at the winner’s expense.
Prize terms and conditions for the accommodation
36. The prize is valid for a 7-night stay for 2 adults in a Superior Room (double) at Club Med Kiroro Peak or Club Med Kiroro Grand, subject to availability.
37. Located on the Northern Island of Hokkaido, Club Med Kiroro Peak welcomes you to a hidden white powder paradise. Explore unspoilt nature by snow trekking or take your ski experience to the next level and carve through some of the best quality snow in the area. Experience moments of wellness by soaking in a rotenburo outdoor hot bath or a natural Japanese onsen. Connect with the local culture and learn about the indigenous Ainu, the first settlers in Hokkaido, on one of our many excursions.
Club Med Kiroro will feature two distinctive resorts, Club Med Kiroro Peak and Club Med Kiroro Grand. Club Med Kiroro Peak welcomes guests from 12 years old and above. Club Med Grand is scheduled to open in 2023 and will welcome families of all ages with kids facilities for 2 years old and above.
38. The prize is valid from 16 December 2022 to 30 April 2023 by which time the holiday must be booked and travelled.
39. Extensions to this departure date will not be granted unless due to a force majeure event or border restrictions.
40. The holiday must be booked within 1 month before departure for high season and 2 months before departure for low season.
41. Blackouts over peak travel periods apply: 18 December 2022 – 7 January 2023.
42. This prize excludes flights and transfers, local expenses, tourist cards or visas costs, and extras outside the Club Med all-inclusive package including, but not limited to: private sport lessons, ski and board equipment hire, excursions, spa treatments as well as purchases at the Club Med resort boutique.
43. The value of the prize is limited to the description in competition terms and conditions and cannot be exchanged for cash, credit or any other prize.
44. Club Med will not be liable for any misadventure, accident, injury, loss or claim, damages, costs and expenses suffered, sustained or incurred (including but not limited to indirect or consequential) as a result of, or arising out of, or in any way connected) with this promotion and/or its prizes that may occur: a) during the draw; b) in the participation in any prize; c) as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected email; d) on holiday while claiming the prize or e) due to circumstances outside the promoter’s reasonable control.
45. By entering this competition, you consent to Club Med using your personal information for Club Med and its related entities sending you information regarding offers & promotions, as well as products and resort news and services available through them and their business partners.
46. Club Med will not share your personal data with any third parties. Club Med always provides you with the ability to opt-out of those communications.