Get your entry into the Explore Travel Competition, in it, you could Win a luxury Viking cruise of the Mediterranean valued at up to $15,190.
The competition is free and open to all residents of Australia who are eighteen years of age or older.
FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Entry is only open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or older (Entrants).
Directors, management, employees, officers and contractors (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, travel agents involved with and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
Promotion commences at 12:01am (AEST) on Friday, July 28, 2023 and closes 11:59pm (AEST) on Thursday, August 31, 2023 (“Promotional Period”).
To enter, eligible Entrants must, during the Promotional Period, visit the Explore website, locate the promotion landing page with entry form embedded, click on a promotional banner advertisement linking to the landing page, or scan the QR code in print advertising in Australian Community Media publications, complete the entry form with all requested details including, but not limited to full name, mobile phone number, email address, age range, post code, and submit the completed form. Limited to one entry per person.
The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Entrants (including an Entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
The competition must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at exploretravel.com.au/giveaway/mediterranean. The entry must fulfil all the requirements of the competition as specified to be eligible to win the prize. Limited to one entry per person. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications of the competition may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the sponsor. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules of the competition, your submission may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the sponsor.
For an entry to be valid, it is a condition of entry that the Entrant must consent to receive the “Explore” travel newsletter. They must also consent to have their contact details collected by Australian Community Media (ACM) and Viking River Cruises Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 81 131 274 372) to be contacted with special offers and promotional materials.
If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Entrant.
The winner will be drawn using www.randomdraws.com.au
on Monday, September 4 2023, 10am AEST at Level 2, 11 York St, Sydney NSW 2000. The Promoter reserves the right to draw additional reserve entries and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible Entrant.
The winner will be notified by telephone within two (2) business days and in writing via email within five (5) business days. Explore will provide details at this time on how to redeem the prize. The winners name(s) will be published in the Explore travel lift out and website on Saturday, September 9, 2023.
The winner will have until 3pm on 4th December 2023 to claim their prize. After which, the (previously drawn) runner-up will be deemed the winner. They will be contacted by phone and in writing within two (2) business days from December 4, 2023 when the first winner has to accept their prize. The new winner will be published in Explore on Saturday, 9th December 2023.
The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
The first valid entry drawn will win a Viking “Ancient Mediterranean Treasures” cruise for two people, leaving Istanbul on 13 March 2024 for 08 days and 07 nights. The cruise is valued at $7,595 per person. The maximum retail value of the prize is $15,190 and is based on 2 people travelling together and sharing a cabin.
- 8-day cruise in Deluxe Veranda (category DV6) Stateroom
- 06 Guided Tours
- 2 countries
- All onboard meals
- Beer & wine with lunch and dinner
- Visits to UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Culture Curriculum
- All port charges
- Free Wi-Fi
- All onboard gratuities
- Up to $2,000 flight credit per person
Conditions of prize:
- The Prize must be taken on 13 March 2024.
- The Prize is strictly non-transferable and non-negotiable, and may not be replaced or refunded.
- The Prize consists of a Viking “Ancient Mediterranean Treasures” Cruise for two people in a Deluxe Veranda stateroom (DV6), leaving Istanbul on 13 March 2024 for 08 days and 07 nights. Please consult the brochure or visit www.vikingcruises.com.au
for full details of the itinerary and the inclusions.
- The winner and their travelling companion must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- All elements of the Prize must be taken together.
- Travel restrictions may apply.
- Any meals or tips which are not included in the Cruise, transfer fees, Passports, Visas, telephone charges, laundry, additional nights or upgrades, any other personal expenses, travel insurance, return flights and airport transfers are the responsibility of the winner and their travel companion. The Prize Winner is responsible for any associated costs in getting to and from the departure point.
- If for any reason the winner is unable to accept the Prize as stated, and within the date indicated, the winner will forfeit that Prize and no compensation will be given in lieu.
- The Prize Winner and their travelling companion must travel at the same time, and are responsible for transport from their residence to and from the departure and arrival port(s).
- Included flight credits are to be used towards flights booked by Viking and from major gateway cities in Australia. Should the applicable airfare be higher than the value of the Included Flight Credit, guests are required to pay the difference. Any unused portion of the Included Flight Credit is forfeited and cannot be transferred towards any other portion of the booking or any other person. Flights are subject to availability. Flight offer only valid if booked in conjunction with Viking “Ancient Mediterranean Treasures” cruise for two people, leaving Istanbul on 13 March 2024 for 08 days and 07 nights.
- The Prize cannot be used towards travel insurance, items of personal nature, meals (other than featured in the itinerary), laundry, telephone calls, additional nights or upgrades.
- The Prize can only be used towards new bookings only.
- Accepting the Prize is subject to any prevailing Terms and Conditions of Viking River Cruises Australia. Please refer to the brochure of your travelling destination for more details.
- If applicable, a valid passport is required for all international journeys with at least 6 months validity from the date of return.
- If applicable, names as per passport and dates of birth for all travellers are required at the time of reservation.
- Any travel or entry documentation (Visas) and arrival fees are the responsibility of the winner and their travel companion. It is the winner’s responsibility to check with all government travel advisory and immigration authorities regarding travel requirements and eligibility. Any fines, penalties, payments and expenditure incurred as a result of not meeting such requirements are the sole responsibility of the Winner and their travel companion
- Any mandatory conditions related to taking the prize, including COVID-19 vaccinations for any travel outside of Australia, are the responsibility of the winner and their travel companion. If the winner or their travel companion have not complied at the time of travel, boarding may be denied and the prize duly forfeited. This includes any third party vaccination requirements from any travel operator required to take the prize.
- If travel and quarantine restrictions imposed by the Australian or International Governments impact the winner’s ability to take the prize as stated, Viking will make every effort to defer the departure date to a date of our choosing.
If for any reason the winner does not take the prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited, and no compensation will be given in lieu.
If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to the directions of any regulatory authority.
Total prize value is $15,190. Prize, or any unused portion, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate, subject to the directions of any regulatory authority.
Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allow an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
The Promoter is Rural Press Pty Ltd, ABN 47 000 010 382, 159 Bells Line of Rd, North Richmond, NSW, 2754.
Authorised under NSW Authority Number TP/02764 and NTP/07151, ACT Permit Number ACT TP TP 23/01300 and SA Licence Number T23/1009