Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Friday 29 March 2024, 01:10:31 am   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,617 comps and freebies worth over $24,286,670.60 listed

That's over twenty four million, two hundred and eighty six thousand, six hundred and seventy dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1014488 Total Posts (444321 Searchable Posts) in 296727 Topics by 41485 Members
Latest Member: xello1
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Public Foyer
| |-Comping Club  General Information
| | |-Comping Club  FAQS AND NEWBIE GUIDE TO AUSTRALIAN COMPETITIONS CLUB (ACC)
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: FAQS AND NEWBIE GUIDE TO AUSTRALIAN COMPETITIONS CLUB (ACC)  (Read 10022 times)  (Replies 8 posts)
Traveller
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

« : Saturday 07 June 2008, 09:24:29 pm »
Go Up

I can't believe we don't have a FAQ thread.

Firstly WELCOME! Hopefully this will answer all your questions about comping or redirect you to the right place.
This post by Administrator is worth reading by clicking the following link:  http://compingclub.com/compingclub/index.php?topic=2219.0

Is this site really free?
Yes!

How do I enter competitions?
There are many forms of competitions:
Web competitions - Enter online
Magazine competitions - You may need to buy the magazine to enter (sometimes coupons)
Phone-in competitions - You need to enter via sms or call.
Radio competition - Listen to the radio
Mail-in - Snail mail entry

NOTE: If you see a competition post, Do NOT hit reply and enter that way. Please read the thread first post. Usually the instructions of how to enter are there. If someone has missed something like posting the url (website) check the next few posts as someone usually will post it if it is missing. There have been incidents where people have posted their details in threads.

How does this site have so many competitions?
Members just like you! Friendly caring helping members who make this site what it is. Members post competitions they find and share it with the comping community.

If I want to help out, How do I find competitons?
Suggestions of what to look for click the following link:  http://compingclub.com/compingclub/index.php?topic=19307.10

Note: You can find competions in your local supermarket, listening to the radio and other places including online.

I found a competition, How do I see if the competition is posted already?
Sylph's guide to checking a comp is posted click the following link:  http://compingclub.com/compingclub/index.php?topic=82087.0

The competition I found isn't posted, How do I post it?
On the left hand side, click "Post a competition"
Select the type of competition.
Put the closing date (Usually in the terms and conditions) This put the competition in the calender.

What is the calender?
The calender has competitions listed by their closing dates. This is why it helps to put the closing date on competitions so everyone knows when it ends and can get their entries in. Click "Competition Calendar" on the left menu or "Calendar" Tab above.

I don't have time to post a competition, Can someone else post it for me?
Although it is encouraged newbies to post their competitions you can ask someone to post it or even post one there is waiting be posted by clicking the following link:  http://compingclub.com/compingclub/index.php?topic=22678.0
Note: Be sure to post you have posted the competition after you have done it and not before.

I posted a competiton already posted oops?
It is better to be posted twice than not at all. Mods will see this and merge the two threads together. Thank you for taking time to post a competition. Smile

Who are the Moderators and how do I contact them?
You can click on the Moderators IM button under their name, to the left of their post and send them a personal message Another way is scroll down on the main page of acc (compingclub.com) and you will see mods names are in red who are online, You can contact anyone of them by sending them a personal message... Click there name. Next page you will see send a private message. Mods will also have stars flashing next to their name.

The following members are moderators.

Quickie
Zoe
Flika
Terra75
Kalah
Major Tom
mininesslyn
holygrail
teash
chuck
gabcross
hanky_panky
powerette
fishbrick
h0pez

What is that moving thing on the front page?
That is the scroller. It shows recent posts. If you post on the forum your post will be showned in the scroll until more posts are posted.

How do I know which competition I won and who to thank?
The best place to thank is when you tell us what you won in Tell us what you won section. Nothing better to keep those on the WIW's on the couch motivated than hearing others great wins. Try to search for the prize you won to find out who posted it if it didn't come with where it was from. Sometimes someone else might have won the same prize and thanked them already saving you time searching. If you haven't won anything this is a great pick me up thread.

I am so confused, Is there anyone who can help me? Some members have volunteered as Comping mentors to help out. Click the following link:  http://compingclub.com/compingclub/index.php?topic=67787.0

What are all these different headings on the main page?
This forum is divided into sections otherwise there would be choas and everything messy.
Sections are:
Public Foyer
General Comps
On-going Comps
Free Stuff
Classifieds
Expired
Help and Assistance
I'm Lost
Special Events

What is in these sections, How do I know which one to use?
Public Foyer
This is where you read the rules and guidelines, Ask a question, give suggestions and mostly where you can say Hi and introduce yourself!
Note: There is a timer on the welcome threads, but by that time though you will be one of us regulars. Smile

General Comps This sections is where you find the competitions. They are divided into what form of competition they are.

On-going Comps This section is for competitions that are repeative. Some sites have competitions every week, or a chance to win daily or enter daily.
Click the following for a list of the competitions that are on-going and guide how to post in the section...
Daily:  http://compingclub.com/compingclub/index.php?topic=11403.0
Weekly:  http://compingclub.com/compingclub/index.php?topic=11376.0
Fortnightly:  http://compingclub.com/compingclub/index.php?board=15.0
Monthly:  http://compingclub.com/compingclub/index.php?topic=2950.msg8234#msg8234

Free Stuff Samples, Offers and FREEBIES are posted here.

Classifieds Won something you don't want? Trade, Buy and Sell here. Please read the following thread   http://compingclub.com/compingclub/index.php?topic=118782.0 There other threads you might find helpful but you should navigate on your own to get a handle of things better.

Expired Competitions and unwanted prizes sold

Help and Assistance Still need help here is the place including tips to winning competitions and techinical problems.

Discussions This is a great area. You can share your entries, tell everyone what you won, trade entry coupons or just general chat.

I'm Lost This is where you post if you are very confused. When a Moderator has time they will move your post to the appropriate area.

Special Events In the case of a big competition that is a hot topic of discussion this is the place to find it.

What is an Avatar?
An avatar is your display picture next to your name.

What is that underneath everyones post?
You can have a signature that goes at the bottom of every post you write.

How do I add an avatar or signature?
 Click my information on the left on the menu and there are some avatars in there but you can upload your own. Scroll down and you can add your signature there.

What is a pm?
A pm is a Private Message. You can send a Private Message to any member of the forum or the Administrator if you have any problems, questions or want to have a personal conversation.

Send a personal message by:

1) clicking the private message box on the left menu: searching for the members name or typing it into the box
2) clicking the button underneath the avatar
3) viewing the profile of the person and selecting the "send this person a message" link

The Nitty Gritty
A few things that people need to consider

Please be nice to each other there has been events in the past that have made very lovely members leave who contributed greatly to this site.

Please edit your post instead of double posting.

If you wish to thank someone for a post please private message them otherwise the threads would be filled with thank you messages. Better yet there is a blanket thank you located by clicking the following link:  http://compingclub.com/compingclub/index.php?topic=1416.0

Do not ask for certain types of competitions. Please try looking for them by using the search option or googling. You might find a competition not listed.  Very Happy

If something isn't posted like an answer or codeword. Please help to get it because chances are if someone knew it it would be posted.

Terminology

Lol - Laugh out loud
WIW - Winning in waiting - Often referred to sitting on the couch
WEM - Winning Email
WPC - Winning Phone Call
WIM - Win in Mail
Omg - Oh my god
MIA - Missing in Action

TIPS
The BIGGEST! tip I recommend is make a new email for comping. You receive alot of newsletters, confirmations, signups etc.

If you are on a slow connection right click the competition and click open in new tab. Enter a competition as the others load.

Make a signature of your details in your email so when you enter competitions via email you only need to click your signature.

If you are the only user on the computer, get competition websites to save your login and password. Saves you logging in each time. Only! If noone else uses your computer. You don't want people accessing you details on a public computer.

Turn on Autocomplete. This saves your previously entered details. If a competition uses the same form name all you need to do is double click the box.
Turn autocomplete on by Tools - Internet Options - Content - Under Autocomplete: Settings - Tick the box Web Forms - Click ok and you are done.

How do I know I've won?
Google your name, check winners list, check your email, answer your phone or be surprised.
The best prizes are the unexpected ones.

Competition Scams
Please take time to look the scams section at the following link  http://compingclub.com/compingclub/index.php?board=47.0
Some competitions are not scams however there are competitions with fine print and end up costing you money. An example of this is What colour is the ten dollar bill? Sms you answer to (phone number). What alot of people don't notice is the fine print "By entering you accept to receive messages at $5 each. You will receive upto 6 msgs a month. Sms 'STOP' to stop receiving messages". Unfortunately you don't find out until you receive the bill. Just be wary of such competitions.

I hope this helps. Please Note I looked at other threads to get the most common asked things. Thank you to everyone who answered questions to save me time thinking of FAQ's. Good Luck Comping everyone!

Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Traveller
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #1 : Saturday 07 June 2008, 09:34:15 pm »
Go Up

Sylph can you double check the mod list for me and delete this post. Just edit the above one to let me know. Smile and pm your opinion

thank you hun

edit: smarty pants beat me to it shes already edited it.... now thats a great mod LOL

sylph
The Dancing Pixie
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
0%

Libra
Libra

« Reply #2 : Saturday 07 June 2008, 09:47:13 pm »
Go Up

Hehe...  Thanks Traveller, nice post. Smile

The trouble with people lying to you because they think you're stupid, is that they're stupid enough to think you're that stupid in the first place.
gmr
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Aquarius
Aquarius

« Reply #3 : Sunday 08 June 2008, 09:40:53 am »
Go Up

GOOD ONE TRAVELLER....you are so  Cool Cool

Oh and if I may add...
WPC = winning phone call

Administrator
The equitable
Administrator
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #4 : Sunday 08 June 2008, 09:58:20 am »
Go Up

That's very good Traveller
I will make a link to the FAQs in the left menu block for the newcomers.
Smile

helmsley
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #5 : Sunday 08 June 2008, 10:05:07 am »
Go Up

Maybe add the names of the mentors?

Great work Traveller.

sylph
The Dancing Pixie
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
0%

Libra
Libra

« Reply #6 : Sunday 08 June 2008, 10:18:02 am »
Go Up

There's a link to the mentor thread in there hun, the list could be prone to change, better to have to just change the one thread. Smile

I'm going to lock this now, so it's for reference only (with Traveller's consent).  I anyone has any other suggestions, please pm Traveller or a mod. Smile

The trouble with people lying to you because they think you're stupid, is that they're stupid enough to think you're that stupid in the first place.
Major Tom
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #7 : Monday 30 June 2008, 11:25:08 pm »
Go Up

Giving this a bump for our 200+ newbies that have joined us today...

http://www.qld.gov.au/floods/donate.html

Donate today to the Qld flood appeal
Zoe
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
0%

Leo
Leo

Attitudes are contagious. Is yours worth catching

« Reply #8 : Wednesday 09 June 2010, 12:53:01 pm »
Go Up

mods list has been updated

giving this a bump for our new members Smile

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.025 seconds with 11 queries.
Friday 29 March 2024, 01:10:31 am from 35.175.212.5